Final Author's Note

It's almost been five years. 

Five years since I uploaded the first chapter of this book, immaturely and terribly written and so excited to share to the world what I wanted to say about the wizarding world and a girl's special story of her time spent in it. It took me five years to complete this book, and I'm filled with relief and sadness and everything in between.

Five years of unconditional support, hilarious comments, streams of votes and messages yelling at my lazy ass to update, watching the number of reads jump up bit by bit and losing my mind and the ability not cry when it finally reached 101K - to think, my very first Author's Note on this book was to celebrate 1000 reads and now it's 100 times the amount?!

It's an absolute fucking dream and I am beyond thankful and crushed with so much joy, thank you so much!

I am speechless, and so, so grateful that you've all read Violett's story up to this point, bore with my inconsistent updates if you've been here from the beginning, read on knowing it's been months since the last of Violett's crazy thoughts but continuing to support this book - it's crazy, and I am so so glad that you were such wonderful, supportive readers. All the old, the new, the ones after Violett's story has been done and dusted - you've made my world and I love you all so much ❤

It's crazy to think it all ends here.

But that's the good part - it doesn't. That is, if you want it to.

I don't want to finish Violett's story - she's grown so much and with it, so have I. But I don't want to continue writing more than this point either. I feel this is the right place to end, the perfect finish to a world of unanswered questions only your beautiful minds can conjure answers to.

However, if you would like, I could upload small snippets of how this story would continue in the years four to seven - the rest of the four books and how Violett would live and change and save the ones we love so dearly. It would be in one long chapter, in this book, with brief details of her escapades and her involvement in the stories. They won't be complete chapters, nor will they be shorts - just a sentence or two of key moments that I think will be worth sharing. The rest? You can dream them up yourselves! It's kind of like how you see memories - brief flashes of images and colours and words that might have been said, but still full of all the feeling and so prominent in your mind that the stories you spin from their recall still envoke joy or sadness or excitement. That's kind of how I want to continue Violett's story - if you're up for it. Comment here if you would like that! Because even though this book has ended, her story hasn't - and as the Doctor says, I intend to make it the best one yet.

So, once again, thank you so much for your kindness and support and nagging comments. You've motivated me and brought me to this point, and I am overjoyed that I can finally complete this book. Thank you for sticking through and thank you for taking the time to read Violett Snape. You are all amazing. I love you guys 3000.

If you would like to read more of my works, check out 'Misfits' set in the Marauders era for a good laugh, 'Bridge' set in POA with a similar premise to this book but with a twist, and 'A Girl Of Riddles' set in COS about Tom Riddle's daughter tasked to save Harry' life while fighting prejudice in the Wizarding World!

I hope we'll see each other soon :)

~Nox x

[Completed: 29/06/19]