Chapter 12: Phasing

//This chapter has 1067 words.

"Y/n where were you-?"

"Save it Parker, just leave me alone." I said cutting him off. I scoffed before getting up off the floor and running down the hallways leaving Peter confused and hurt.

At this point, I was upset. Yes, it's true I've been lying to him and hiding my own secret but it was for his own protection! I guess I really can't be as mad at him as I want to be.

I pushed the doors that exited the school and ran down the same alleyway, ready to find out who this Haywire person was and why they were causing trouble to the city.

[Time Skip after changing cause it's literally the same old routine and I'm too lazy to write it out, so yeah.]

I ran out the alleyway and stood in the middle of the street, searching for Haywire.

Suddenly, sparks came out of the power lines, causing them to fall down. One was plummeting straight towards me, but I quickly dodged it before it could fall on top of me.

"Stupid White Widow, if only you were too late to dodge it you could've possibly died, ugh such a shame." Said a voice from behind me, sighing. I turned around to see a boy in a white and blue colored suit, electric sparks coming out of him every now and then.

"I'm guessing your power is electricity manipulation?" I said in an annoyed tone with my hands on my hips, tapping my right foot up and down.

'Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.' Called out another voice, this one much closer to me....In my head.

"So a mind reader too, huh?" I said, this time my heart racing a little more faster. I've dealt with criminals and other villains, but he was on another level. That's okay though, I'm gonna whoop his a**.

"You act very confident. I admire that about you." He said, walking towards me slowly.

"You know what else you're gonna admire me for? Whipping your a** and throwing you in jail. Enjoy it while it lasts, Haywire." I said before I charged towards him, but things didn't go as planned.

I threw my fist, heading towards his face, but his hand touched me, electrocuting me down my spine and back. I flew back and hit the wall behind me, my body aching in pain.

My eyes widened as the power around me started shutting down. The lights in every store went out, and more power lines fell down. He was gaining more power.

"KEVIN MY SHIELD, NOW!" I yelled before more of his electricity could hit me. Kevin activated my shield, as it came out of my arm and protected me from head to toe. I stood back up slowly as it kept hitting against my shield, pushing my body back even further away.

My eyes widened as I heard a crack. My shield was breaking from all his power.

"Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t." [A/N: Dustin anyone? Okay I'll stop now] I said as I ran towards an alleyway and collapsed to the floor, breathing hard as my shield fully broke off and shattered everywhere, onto the floor.

'You can't hide forever y/n...' Haywire said.

'How do you know my name?!' I thought.

'None of your concern. Come out you coward.' He hissed.

I may be brave, and nervous at times, but I NEVER was a coward.

I ran back out of the alleyway and one thing and one thing only crossed my mind.

Where was Peter?

"Any last words before I take your soul?" Haywire asked, my face facing him.

"I should be asking you the same thing." I said through gritted teeth before I swooped down and kicked him off his feet, making him fall to the floor. I threw another fist at him, making the biggest mistake before my eyes.

He used all the power he gained, spreading it all over my body. I gasped in pain, before I fell to the floor, tears rolling down my cheeks inside my mask.

My whole body was burning, I felt like I was dying. I could see out of the corner of my eye Haywire sprinting away as someone crouched down next to me.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. take her to the facility."

That was the last thing I heard, before everything went dark and I blacked out.

[Time Skip]

"Good morning miss y/l/n." I heard F.R.I.D.A.Y. say.

"Morning. What happened?" I said as I scanned the room, realizing I was in bed with a bunch of wires hooked up to me.

"You were electrocuted. "Tony said, cutting off F.R.I.D.A.Y.

"Turns out the new Haywire Freak did a number on you. Good news though, you gained a power." He said as he walked over to my bed, looking at my X-Rays imprinted on the wall.

"I could care less about what he did, Mr.Stark. I'm pissed at the fact that Spider-Man wasn't there to help me. No back up or anything." I said, raising my voice.

"He came with me kid, I sent him on another mission earlier. Partially, it was my fault." He said with a look that said, 'I'm sorry.'

I scoffed before I took the IV needle out of my arm, and taking off the wires that were attached to my forehead.

"What's my new power?" I said cutting to the chase. The more powers I had, the better it could help me defeat Haywire.

"Phasing. Somehow when he electrocuted you it triggered something in your body, causing you to gain more instead of loosing less." Tony said.

"Wait- so you're telling me... I CAN WALK THROUGH WALLS, WALK ON WATER, AND TECHNICALLY CANT GET HURT ANYMORE? IM LIKE A GHOST!" I said as I first pumped in the air.

"I mean, yeah it's that but explained easier. Here." He said as he lined me up to the wall in front of us.

"Walk through it." He said as he let go of me.

I inhaled and exhaled before concentrating on the wall in front of me. I walked towards it, and realized I wasn't in the same room anymore. My eyes widened as I gasped in excitement.

I just walked through a mother flipping wall.

Holy sh*t.

Get ready for me, Haywire. You're not ready.

//A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter sounds like crap, the next ones will get better I promise. ❤️