Eyes

-Tords P.O.V-

     I sit at my desk preparing myself for an angry Tom. His sister was in charge of the rebellion, even though it would be easy-I couldn't break the slow trust I had with Tom. Compliance is key to my research. I hear a knock on my door and take a large sigh. I plop my helmet on and stand up pressing the button that opens the door. Pau walks in with a surprisingly calm Tom. I gesture for him to exit, as he does Toms mood changes.

     As soon as the doors close Tom pounces on me dropping me to the floor. He was small but his strength wasn't all that bad-considering monster genetics though...he may be quite weak. Tom groaned and talked low, "Don't you dare even think about breaking our deal, I will rip you to shreds!". I see his eyes flicker pink before I catch him by surprise pinning him on the ground and holding his wrists. "Calm down! I wasn't going to do that, a deals a deal...", my grip loosened as Toms eyes went back to pure black. "I was just going to propose that you call her off...", Jehovah was about to yell before he thought about what I had just said.

     "What's the catch?", he asked with a very slight grin. "Well Thomas~", I moved closer to his ear, "no more fucking tackling me for one~", he scoffed and pushed me away. "And no running away-I will find you. Besides when I have the information I need I'll let you go back to Edd and them.", he nods reluctantly as if it was his plan all along. "All I need you to do is reassure your sweet big sister you perfectly fine-", I stare at the surroundings of his eyes seeing they're infected or slowly at least. Tom looked away possibly feeling uncomfortable, "Uhm, can you stop?". I shake my head no leaning in closer, "What the HELL is wrong with your 'eyes'?". He shoots a glare at me turning his head to face mine. "HEY-", I interrupt, "Not like that idiot-". I pull his face up to get a closer inspection of  his eye.

     I see his face turn a light pink and only then realize how close we were. I let go immediately getting off him, "Sorry I just thought-you see I saw something around your 'eye' and I couldn't see it well so I-". He forced my mouth closed and did a long sigh. "Shut up, what do I need to do about my sister?", I nod telling him the plan about a meeting under my supervision of  course. He agrees with the plan and starts to walk through the doors. I turn them hear a large groan escape his mouth. "Thomas?", he turns revealing the damage around his 'eyes' was getting worse. "Don't call me-AAAAGH!", he fell to his knees covering his 'eyes'. "TOM!", I rush over to him pulling his hands from his face. Sure I hated the guy, kinda, but he had valuable information on him I could use on other soldiers.

     I look at the wounds to see that they had stayed the same from when I last saw them. I then proceeded to see grayish tears rolling down Toms face. He continues to groan in pain as I inspect further. The surface around his 'eyes' was again damaged like, it reminded me of the side of my face. Yet, these couldn't have been from a crash. He grabs me by the cooler and pulls me close, "Please....it hurts.", he shoves his face in my chest letting himself cry onto me. I pick him up as he gives me a shocked face. "Shut up and let me pick you up please, I won't drop you or do anything stupid ok?", he nods shoving his face back into my chest. I feel my face warm a little as I open the door.

     I sprint towards the lab as fast as my legs could take me. Tom used to be my friend-I couldn't watch him suffer it would get annoying. I look down to see Tom passed out-most likely from the pain. I shove open the lab doors running past all the insane scientists preparing a room for a new 'test'. I open another set of doors leading me into a hospital like area. I pant shoving a door open and calling for a doctor. I gently lay Tom on the chair and patiently wait for a doctor. About four walk in questioning what had happened and checking pulse and stuff. I tell them the story leaving out some details, they nod and ask me to leave the room. I argue with them for a little before finally giving in. One of the nurses named Joy told me the diagnosis had to be very private-even with RED LEADER! I didn't give myself this big of a title to be told no!

     I sit on a chair outside of the room hearing slight concerning mumbles from the room. I start to think about Tom, not in a bad way this time. I remember happy memories from when we were all friends-well almost all of us. I don't think Edd liked me back in high school. I smile rejoicing over the old times, to bad we took a trip to that army. After that all I wanted was one of my own, also a slight craving for world domination. I then start to think about recent times, me and Tom had been getting close, physically at least. My face starts to gets up as I think about it, "Thinking about your friend sir?". A nurse steps out of the room smirking at me. "Don't.", they roll there eyes knowing they'll get away with it. The hospital area was one of my favorites because I felt more comfortable here then any other part of the base. She leads me into the room to see a peaceful Tom.

     The nurse puts on a serious face as the doctor asks her to close the door. "Red Leader, I'm afraid your friend here has a case of  'eye' cancer.", I freeze at the sentence making myself look fine on the outside. On the inside I was having a panic attack. "He will be losing his vision in about a.....year?", the nurse gives me a comforting pat and walks out of the room with the doctor. I see Tom slowly wake up, how the HELL did he get eye cancer? "Tord? Whatever you did thanks I guess, my 'eyes'  don't hurt anymore.", I cringe as he spoke about his 'eyes'. "What?", I look at him with a pitiful look, "Tom you uh, you have eye cancer.". He freezes, I see his fist clench as his breathing starts getting m heavier. I sit on the chair scooting closer to him.

     "How long do I have before you know-I uh, lose my vision?", he spoke every word softly as if he was totally fine. "A year, but don't worry I'll fix it...", he looked at me weirdly. "I promise", I looked him straight in his voids and exited the room heading to my special part of the lab.

     Work had to be done if I wanted a good secretary/test subject. I smirk sketching out some blueprints for some special goggles.