Chapter 5 - ~~Visit~~

A little while has passed, I've got everything I need and I sure am excited to enter this place! It looks more like a palace in some ways, seems almost fitting with someone of the "princess" personality type. Makes me wonder if there's anyone bowing at Maki's command inside here, but, I guess she isn't that rich.  I knock on the door, and wait for someone to open it as I stand out in the relatively cool breeze. Waiting just gets me thinking though... I really am going to be entering a house full of nine cute girls though, am I? I don't think I should be comparing this to the past as much as I have, considering how great the present is, but how is this even happening? It's like I've slipped in the shoes of a new life.

"(Y/N)?" I see Maki look at me, not really in an agressive way but not in the nicest way either "Come in.", she says in a cold but not really hateful tone. This girl just confuses me at this point. I walk in and she closes the door behind me.

"Is anyone here yet?" I ask, trying to break up the silence as I follow her.

"No, actually, you're the first one here." she says to me, cracking a little smile. I take a seat in a nice little chair.

"Oh, I see... Well what do we do until then?" I ask to her, she shrugs.

"Up to you" she says. Silence takes its spot around us for what feels like half an hour, this is likely the peak of the weird tension we seem to have around eachother for now. Thankfully though, a knock on the door comes to save us. "I'll get it" she says.

------------------------------

About 5-10 minutes have passed, I hear talking so I guess they're still just chatting at the door. I go to check on it, and, what do you know, everyone is here.

"It feels like it has been forever since I've been here Maki." Honoka says, as they finally start to make their way into Maki's home. "Oh, hi (Y/N)!".

"Hello everyone!" I say with a smile (and small blush) on my face at the sight of all of them. Everyone looks so cute in their casual attire, they're already cute in their school uniforms and practice outfits but this is something different entirely.  Everyone then makes their way around the lounge as if it's their own territory as discussion passes its self around. As per usual, it seems I don't really have much to add, that is, until something catches my attention.

"(Y/N), you said you knew someone who liked Hanayo a lot, right?" Umi directs a question to me.

"Umm..... Yeah. Why?" I ask, suspiciously.

"Do you know anyone else like that?" Eli askes.

"I don't really know many people these days outside of you guys, but I'm sure there's a lot of people like him who really like some idols." I say.

"That feels a little weird... I wonder if a lot of people have crushes on us." Honoka wonders.

"Well, of course, That's part of being an idol. Having thousands of fans that love and worship you for your beauty and talent." Nico says. I find this a bit uncomfortable, because as a pathetic person who is kind of like that right now, it hits a bit too close to home.

"I guess that's something we all signed up for on day one." Kotori says. "It make me a bit happy that there are boys and girls watching and idolizing me, I hope I can inspire them as much as you girls inspire me in some way".

"I think there's a lot inspiring about you." I let slip out of my mouth. Everyone seems embarassed one blink after I say that.

"N-No! I mean like... you are all very... inspirational people" I say trying to get myself out of the hole I dug, instead I'm just making myself dig more blood into my cheeks. No one seems to really mind the response I made though, except of course Maki who seems as suspicious as always.

"You're something, (Y/N) (L/N)." Maki addresses me with. I would try to get out of this situation by getting a snack or something, but the fridge has already been raided by a certain brown-haired first year and her friend. I guess it's back to my old friend silence, even if I've had enough of them throughout the years.

"I-I think you're a little inspirational in a way too, (Y/N)." Hanayo chimes in. "It's not too often that someone can move into a new place like this and make so many friends".

"I guess you're not wrong..." I respond. I never really thought of it like that, I guess that is kind of awesome in a way... I think this is also the first time I've been addressed by someone outside of the second years as a friend. I'm either lucky or they're too welcoming, I'm not sure, but I'll accept it eitherway. I'll be anyone's friend if they're up for it. A couple minutes pass after that exchange.

"I'm boored, would it be okay if I made dinner for everyone?" Nico says.

"I'm surprised you're willing to do that for other people, Nico~." Nozomi says, mocking her.

"Grr... Nozom...." she says before stopping for a second. "It's what I do for my fans!". I don't remember admitting to being a gigantic fan of her as an idol, but I'll gladly accept the title if it gets me free food.

"Wait, do I get to pick what gets made then?" I ask.

"Only if you come with me~." Nico adds. I stop to think for a second.

"...Alright, if it gets me food" I say.

------------------------------

Author's note: Hi! Sorry it has been a looong time since the last chapter, well, a bit over two weeks I mean. I guess it hasn't been super long but school has been really tough and I've just been wanting to spend my time free on other stuff. I guess I am just kind of lazy, XD. Sorry for skipping a week's update, I'll try to get an extra one out to make up for it but no promises.