Chapter 7 - ~~Honesty~~

"(Y/N)"? I hear a familiar light voice speaking to me.

"Urghh.... It's the weekend mom, go back to bed..." I say in response which leaves a giggle in the air.

"I'm not your mom silly" the voice says. I open my eyes to see Nozomi there, I'd normally be embarassed, but I'm honestly a bit too sleepy to freak out.

"So I'm sharing the room with you? I'm sorry, I'll move..." I say, still a bit tired.

"Well... That's mainly why I woke you up, but we can work that out later." Nozomi looks off for a second. "But... are you alright?".

"I was until you woke me up" I say jokingly, Nozomi giggles, but I still feel a bit bad. "Sorry if that was too mean..." I add.

"Oh no, it's fine. Just... Are you okay after the thing with Maki?" Nozomi askes me. "You were pretty quiet then went off to bed way earlier than the rest of us."

"Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry." I say, trying not to worry her.

"Ah. Alright then." she gets up and walks to the attached bathroom's door. I feel like she's trying to bait me to admit but I guess I'm gonna fall for it.

"Wait! Nozomi, I...." I say, a bit embarassed. She giggles.

"There we go. Give me a minute though, let me change into my pajamas. We can't share everything with eachother right now." Nozomi says slyly. This day is just making me so embarassed, first the sandwich thing, and now Nozomi getting exactly what she wants out of me and making me thing what I don't want to... Life is brutal.

------------------------------

"So." she says as she sits on the side of the bed looking at me. "What happened?". She's wearing a light green pajama dress type thing? I'm not sure exactly knowledgable on these terms but it looks really pretty and soft. 

"Well... I don't know... Can't really remember the last time I've just talked to someone like this..." I say, somehow embarassing myself even more.

"Don't worry (Y/N), don't you trust your mother?" she adds with a giggle. I'm probably never gonna hear the end of that one...

"Well..." I blush, but am able to get past it. "I feel like she looks down on me a little. We had kind of a messy introduction and before you guys got here we had some really awkward silence... I tried to make it up with the whole sandwich thing, but, I think you know how that turned out".

"I see... I'm surprised you think that, I almost think she's jealous of you." Nozomi says.

"Jealous!? Why would anyone be jealous of me?" I say, shocked. Nozomi giggles again, I must be really funny to her.

"Well, Maki didn't have many friends before us and was a pretty lonely girl. Even after that, getting her to be honest with her feelings was like climbing a mountain, but she's better now. She's not perfect though, considering your confusion." Nozomi says.

"I see..." I say, interested.

"You're pretty shy as well sometimes, but Maki might be a bit jealous of, like how Hanayo said, you just met all these friends pretty quickly" Nozomi says.

"Well, she's still been a bit cold... She's probably upset about dinner too, I did almost burn her house down" I say.

"Maki's always a bit tough, it might just be because you're new really. She's a bit of a rival-ish, competitive type as well, same with Nico, so they bicker a lot." she says. I never really considered that... I've always been more so unsure before, yet now I'm just assuming she hates me. "I'm sure she'll open up to you sometime soon, (Y/N)". Nozomi says, smiling.