Rain

Let's say Steve didn't stayed at his original timeline and went back in 2025 as the same 105(?) year old Steve

It's been a year since everything went back to normal. Those people who got turned into ashes went back to life again. Happy with their own families and living peacefully now that their family is whole again.

But Steve's family is not. Tony died. And so as his best friend and former partner in crime Natasha. Everyone might not see it but he mourned for thier death in a long time. Mostly HER death.

The soothing pitter patter of the rain calmed Steve's mind as he sat on his bed in a appartment he and his other comrades are staying for awhile. Thinking about his memories that he made with her. Tears silently fell from his eyes as he remebered her last words to him.

"See you in a minute.."

Steve lowered his head as he started sobbing. Why is he still so miserable even though a year has passed already? It's today was the day she died.

"It was supposed to be just a minute, Nat... You've been gone for a year already. It's stupid I kept counting the days you're gone. It's like I'm waiting for you to come back even though I know you wouldn't." Steve absentmindly said.

"It's not stupid.."

A voice startled Steve, making him turned his head to the person.

"It just shows you miss her. We all do, Steve." Wanda smiled sadly at him.

Steve chuckled without joy being present in it.

"I still can't believe we are never going to see her again. I didn't even get to say goodbye." Steve gripped on his hair as he started crying even more.
Wanda's tears started falling as she walked towards him and embraced him.

"And we didn't even get to say "Thank you"." Wanda bit her lip. "But she knows, Steve. She's happy because she's one of the reason why everyone else is happy. She wants you to be happy too you know." She smiled at him as she tried her best to cheer him up. "She finally had peace. And don't think she's alone. I'm sure Tony is annoying the heck out of her right now."

Steve finally smiled at that.

"You're right, Wanda." He wrapped his arms around the person he treats as his little sister.

People come and go in our lives. We might not know when or how but we must make our times with them worth it and memorable.

Wanda left a few minutes later.

And as Steve sat there quietly, staring at the window, he noticed that the darkness in his room was consumed by light as the rained stopped. The dark clouds split and the warm heat of the sun hit his face.

He closed his eyes and smiled again when he felt a warm embrace even though no one was there with him anymore.

"Hi Nat..."

It's horrible and short I know hahaha. But please bear with me. I will improve as time goes I promise.