Drive-Thru

Short au for everyone :)

It was Steve's lunch break when he got out of his office. He can feel his stomach growling from hunger and he had to caress it in order to calm down.

"My wife is really going to pay for not packing my lunch." He sighed and shook his head.

"Going out, Mr. Rogers?" Maria, his secretary, asked.

"Yes, Maria. I might not be back after lunch so just cancel every meeting for this afternoon if there are any." He said while wearing his coat since it's a bit freezing outside.

"Copy that."

He bid her goodbye and left the building. He got in his car and started driving to his favorite fast food restaurant.

Even though being the CEO of Rogers Industries (one most successful industries in USA, not enemies with Stark's), he sometimes got tired of fancy foods and prefer those who are found in the fast food.

As he was driving, a very familiar woman caught his eye. Her fiery red hair is neatly pulled up into a bun and her green orbs that he always love to stare at was covered with a black sunglasses. Her porcelain skin shines brighter when sun rays hits it as she drove through the cold streets of New York.

He pulled up his window and honked his horn.

The noise caught her attention making her turn her head to his direction. (BOOYAH. That rhymes XD)

She rolled her eyes when she recognized who it was and kept her eyes on the road. He chuckled at her actions and focused on driving as well.

He smiled when he figured she's also heading to McDonald's. He drove past her and went in to the drive-thru first. Making her wait in line after him.

After three cars, it was finally his turn.

"Good afternoon, sir. May I take your order?" The female employee said.

"Uh yes. I'll have one large fries, nuggets, and one large cup of coffee." The employee nodded and tapped on the screen to submit his order.

"That'll be **** dollars, sir." He took out the money that are double from his actual payment and gave it to her. "You gave too much, sir."

He chuckled and nodded. "I know that. I want to pay for the person after me. Tell her I think she's hot."

The employee smiled and nodded. She gave him the receipt and drove to the claiming window, took his order and drove to the nearest park.

On the other hand....

Natasha pulled over in front of the drive-thru window and rolled her window down.

"Good afternoon, maam. May I take your order?" The female employee greeted with a bright smile on her face.

"I'll order two happy meals and one large coffee." She said with a smile.

As the female employee tapped on the screen, she spoke. "Umm are the happy meals for your niece or nephews, ma'am?"

Natasha, not really getting why is it necessary to be asked that kind of question, answered because the employee seems to be a sweet girl.

"Nope. They are for my children." She said. Smiling again as she think of her young ones.

She noticed the girl's smile fell a bit.

"Oh. You're married, ma'am?" She asked.

Natasha nodded. "Why do you ask?"

"Umm, because there was this man who just left payed for your food because he thinks you're hot. And pardon me for saying but you two would make a great couple." The employee said shyly then handed Natasha her receipt. Along with some changes.

Natasha smirked then rolled her eyes. "It's fine and I'm glad you think so. Would it make you feel better if I tell you that he's my husband and the father of my children?"

The employee's jaw dropped.

Natasha chuckled at the girl's reaction.

"It nice chatting with you..." Natasha looked at her name tag. "..Wanda. Goodbye."

She gave the girl a wink and drove to the claiming window and took her order. She then drove to the park where she knew her husband went.

She pulled over just beside his car and went out. After smoothening the bottom part of her coat, she took her coffee and went to look for Steve.

She spotted him sitting on one of the benches so she walked towards him. Because she approached him from behind, she was able to give him a peck on the cheek without him preparing for it but he wasn't startled either.

"Hey there, hot stuff." He grinned.

"Hello to you too, grandpa." She chuckled when he pouted. She leaned towards him and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Better?" She smiled.

"Much much better." He wrapped an arm around his wife and pulled her closer.

Natasha snuggled closely on the warmth of her husband and took a sip of her coffee.

"Let's head home and spend time with our kids?" He suggested.

She chuckled. "Sure."

The two drove home (still using different vehicles) to their mansion and was greeted by their two lovely children when they entered.

The two spent the rest of the day with their children and despite the cold weather outside that are threatening to invade the Roger's household, the warmth of their love towards each other will always conquer all.

Rushed hehe