Until Next Time

The summer went by much quicker than either of them would have liked. But they made it memorable, and that was the important part. They had sleepovers whenever they could, to the point where they thought their parents were sick of them, even though they knew they weren't.

They spent time down at the pier, watching the boats. Yoongi liked to listen to Jimin talk about the boats. He had a way with words, the younger. Yoongi liked it, because he wasn't very good at talking. He hated the way his voice sounded, but he loved the sound of Jimin's voice.

They went swimming in the ocean when Jimin learned that in all their years, he'd never done it. Yoongi wasn't a fan of swimming in the ocean, but he was determined to give Jimin the best summer of his life, so he agreed. But both boys could confirm that there was a lot more staring than swimming. Yoongi was a lot more fit that Jimin thought he was. He wall tall, lean and lanky, but he wasn't scrawny. He had a nice body, Jimin found himself thinking while standing in the ocean with him. Puberty was doing him good. Yoongi found himself staring at the younger when he wasn't looking. Jimin was pretty, with soft, pale skin, that Yoongi wanted to run his hands over repeatedly. Seeing his shirtless was one thing, now if only he could get him naked...Yoongi mentally scolded himself for the thought, but it was worth it.

Yoongi and Jimin saw countless movies at the small theater in town,and went to all the markets and festivals that were there. They tried new ice cream and milkshake flavours, and tried eating at some of the local restaurants. They had long walks on the beach at night, and had movie marathons in their living rooms. They stayed up late talking, and just enjoying their company.

As of now, they were walking hand and hand down the pier. It wasn't crowded. People preferred to stand on the beach and watch the fireworks. The pier got crowded easily. Yoongi produced a handful of sparklers from his sweater pocket, knowing that Jimin preferred these more than the actual fireworks. He loved seeing the way his face lit up in excitement as Yoongi lit them. Jimin's eyes were wide as he watched the sparks fly out.

When they had burned through the last of them, Yoongi sat him down on the edge, in their usual spot, and produced a small box. "Hyung, what did I say about-"

"Y-You really th-thought I'd listen?" Jimin rolled his eyes. He placed the small stuffed animal he'd won at one of the booths in his bag and pushed it aside, taking Yoongi's gift in his hands. "Don't freak out," the older said as he began unwrapping it.

"MIN YOONGI!" Jimin cried out when he opened the package. "Is this a dildo?"

Yoongi snickered and Jimin thought back to the conversation he'd had with Yoongi at the beginning of the summer, how sometimes people used these to get off, and Yoongi joked about getting one, much to his horror. "It's someth-th-thing to remember me by," he teased. Jimin turned red and he shoved the box in his bag, before turning to face the water. The sky was dark, the only light coming from the streetlamps on the pier that lit up the night sky with orange and yellow hues. The water sparkled with orange and navy blue, the light reflecting off the water. He could see Yoongi's shadow on the wood of the pier, and their reflection in the water. Sadness was creeping over him again.

"I'm going to miss you," Jimin said quietly, voice cracking from the tears that threatened to fall. He glanced up at Yoongi, eyes welling up with tears. He could see that tears were beginning to form in Yoongi's eyes as well as the older looked back at him.

It broke Yoongi's heart to see him so upset. He looked like he was in so much pain, even if he wasn't physically hurt. His eyes were wide, and he was pouting. Yoongi swallowed hard. He didn't want to let Jimin go. He wanted to keep him all to himself. And it was sitting there on that pier, that Yoongi decided that if Jimin was going to leave, then he was going to take a chance, and do the one thing he'd been dying to do all his life. He lent forward, and kissed him. It was a soft kiss, Yoongi was nervous about hurting him, and was still unsure of what he was doing. He'd only ever been kissed once, by a girl that he went to school with, and by not enjoying it, it was his indication that he was gay. It felt better with Jimin, it felt right. Jimin still against the pier, eyes going wide. Yoongi was kissing him! Jimin's heartbeat raced in his chest.

Yoongi had only kissed him for a fraction of a second, before realizing what he was actually doing, and started to pull back. A million thoughts raced through his mind. What have I done? Shit, I fucked up! Jimin's going to hate me! Yoongi squeezed his eyes shut,not ready to face the fact that he had just kissed Jimin. He waited quietly for the younger to stand, and run away, for him to shout things at him. Why would you do that! God what is wrong with you! He waited but they never came, and when he opened his eyes, the last thing he ever expected to happen, happened. Jimin quickly scrambled to his knees, awkwardly throwing himself into Yoongi's lap with so much force it sent him back against the pier, and he had to reach out and grab him so that he wouldn't fall back into the water. But what shocked him the most was that Jimin had pressed his lips against hisin a frantic, messy kiss. It lasted longer than Yoongi's, but Jimin was pulling back too soon for Yoongi's liking, his face as red as a tomato, as he looked down embarrassed. Jimin was still crying but now he wasn't sure if he was crying out of embarrassment or because he was sad. His fingers gripped the fabric of Yoongi's sweater, knuckles turning white.

A long silence passed between the two of them. They said nothing, nor did they move. Jimin was afraid to get up, afraid to run away,and Yoongi didn't have the heart to push him away. He couldn't take Jimin's hands in his to pry them off his sweater, and to move him off his lap. They were were heavily, and while Yoongi's tears ran dry, Jimin continued to cry silently. It was only when the first firework of the night went off did the tension between them break. Jimin cried out in surprise and instinctively Yoongi sat up, drawing him against his chest, hands resting on Jimin's waist, and he kissed him again. He wasn't a hundred percent sure, but he figured that if Jimin kissed him back, it was okay to kiss him, and he used that as a way to distract him from the loud sounds. Jimin didn't resist, he didn't push him away. His hands stayed rooted in place, and he kissed Yoongi back, slowly, unsure of what he was doing. It took them a moment to find a good rhythm, but they got the hang of it soon enough. When one tried to pull away, the other was pulling them right back in, neither one wanting to let go. When they finally managed to break apart, Jimin had his arms around Yoongi's neck, fingers no longer gripping his sweater, but instead the locks of his hair. Yoongi's hands had slid the younger's shirt up and rested on his bare skin. They were panting, but they were smiling, smiling like idiots, because both of them were so happy. "I love you," Yoongi murmured to the younger,leaning forward again to kiss him. "I always h-have and I always will. A-And even if y-you won't be h-here for a f-few years, I'll always wuh-wuh-wait for you,"

"I love you to, Yoongi,"