TWENTY-TWO

JIMIN HATED GOING TO GAMES. He didn't like the crowds of people, or the loud noises of people yelling and screaming, or the sound of the buzzer going off. Much like parties,College basketball games weren't his thing. But most importantly, Jimin didn't like going to games because they reminded him of Jaehyun, and Jimin was trying desperately to forget about him. Every time he walked past the gym or the words basketball game were mentioned he felt like throwing up. The only reason he still went to them was to support Mark, and now, Suga. It was the only reason he forced himself to forget the fear that was instilled in him ever since the incident, and even then, it still scared him.

It had taken almost two hours for Hoseok to coax Jimin out of his dorm room bathroom, and get him ready for the game. By the time the two had dressed, and made their way out of residency, they were running about 20 minutes for the game.

Jimin had to push all thought from his head as he allowed Hoseok to drag him towards to the building, joining the small stream of students that were also running late. They were some of the last people to enter the gym. Hoseok showed the girl at the ticked booth their tickets, who nodded at them. Jimin gripped Hoseok's hand tightly in his, and Hoseok squeezed it back in reassurance as they filed into the crowd. "Relax Chim," Hoseok whispered in his ear. "Nobody is going to hurt you, I promise," Jimin nodded and gave him a grateful, but sad smile. He was thankful that Hoseok was so understanding. "Look! There's Namjoon and Jin, come on!" Hoseok tugged him up the stairs.

Jimin lifted his head, and was able to spot the two in the crowd. They were decked out in the school's colours. Jin and Namjoon had both gone all out and dyed their hair to match as well. As the two of them climbed the stairs in the bleachers, Jimin spotted Taehyung bounded down the stairs to greet them. "There you guys are, we've been looking for you!" he shouted. Jungkook wasn't far behind, holding what looked to be a banner in his hands with the name SUGA painted on it in black letters. Jimin smiled at it. It had taken the four of them an unnecessarily long time to make the banner because they kept painting outside of the lines. "You guys are late,"

"Sorry," Jimin mumbled, "That's my fault," Jungkook and Taehyung gave him an understanding look before motioning them into the aisle. Jimin could feel Taehyung's hand on his shoulder, which he squeezed gently.It was Taehung's way of letting him know that they were there for him, much like when Hoseok squeezed his hand. Jimin placed his hand on top of his and gave it a squeeze to let him know he appreciated it. Hoseok slipped past them to sit himself in between Namjoon andJin. Jimin took the seat next to Namjoon, and Taehyung and Jungkook next to him. Jimin shrugged off his coat, and rested it on the seat behind him. Namjoon leaned into his side.

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked. Jimin turned to face him with a puzzled look and when he didn't respond, Namjoon continued. "Hoseok said you weren't feeling well. He was worried about you,"

"I'm feeling better," Jimin replied, trying his best to give Namjoon a smile. The older raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure?" He asked again. Jimin sighed.

"I don't like coming to games for...personal reasons," Jimin explained. "They scare me."

"Too many people?"

"You could say that,"

"Then why do you come to them?"

"Well, Hoseok didn't want me to miss out on college experiences, but ever since Mark and I became friends, I try to support him...and now with Suga, I wanna be here for him to," Jimin explained, while also half lying. It was true that Hoseok didn't want him to miss out on college experiences, but he didn't need Namjoon to know that it wasn't the real reason he hated games. Namjoon nodded.