p. parker

endgame spoilers coming up

peter comforts you when you break down at school after the death of your father

"I am iron man"
the moment kept replaying over and over in your head.
snap
"dad! dad no, don't leave me. please!"
"you can rest now"

you walked through the front doors of midtown and as you predicted heads shot your way, their faces laced with fake sympathy. no one cares, no one.
you kept your eyes down and clutched on to your books.

"this morning we will be holding an assembly in memory of tony stark, who had a lot of involvement in our school. it is compulsory that everyone be there" the loud speaker cut off.
you shook your head and walked swiftly to your locker. you were not looking forward to what was to come.
these last few weeks had really taken a toll on you, you had stopped hanging out with friends, you hid away in your room to avoid anyone who reminded you of that night.
that even being pepper and morgan.

you made your way through the assembly hall and took a seat, picking a book out of your bag to bury your head in.
the hall started to fill rapidly, people staring as they passed.
"it must be horrible"
"she looks ill"
"we should sit with her" "no leave her be"

20 minutes passed before they started to talk about your father. students stood on the stage to say their bit.
"tony stark was someone that I have looked up to my whole life, ever since the day he announced himself as iron man-"
your mind wandered.
"I am iron man" *snap*
your eyes started to water, you sniffed back your tears.
"whenever I felt alone or down, I would always turn to him, whether it be videos of iron man saving-"
"hey y/n I know my baby girl, you're my flesh and blood. every insecurity you have, I've had. every worry, every struggle. just remember that I'm here"
that was it.
"dad no, don't leave me. please!"
"everything's going to be okay kid-"
"dad? no-"
tears started streaming down your face, your heart rate rapidly speeding up, your lungs felt like they were being crushed.
you jumped from your seat, grabbed your bag and ran from the hall.

you burst into the disabled toilets and clung onto the sink as your legs went weak. you collapsed to the floor.
"y/n! oh my y/n are you okay? it's me pete"
"peter? I can't! I can't do this anymore, everywhere I go I get reminded and I can't it's too much" you cried, reaching forward to cling on to peter.
peter held me tightly as I cried into his chest, his free hand stroking my hair.
"I know it's hard it really is, but I'm here for you. I always will be, y/n you're my best friend and I want nothing more than for you to be the smiling girl I once knew"
"that girl is gone peter, I've only ever had my dad everyone else came and went but he was there... but now he's gone. no one is permanent pete. they always leave me"
peter started to cry, seeing you like this broke him.
"I will never leave you, ever y/n. you're my best friend and I love you more than you know, I just want you back"
peter took your cheeks in his hands.
"for you, spidey. I will try"