Chapter 4: Our Secret

I got re-dressed and looked at my phone. I still had 5 minutes to get ready. I took the time to contemplate what Michael had in store for me. He can't like me. No. I just met him! It can't be... I thought. I decided to walk out early. I saw Michael standing outside my dorm, his skin shining with the reflection of the moonlight. He looked at me as I walked out. "Come with me." He told me and grabbed my hand. "By kongos? I love that song." I remarked. "Really? Asshole..." He giggled. he drug me out behind the dorms to a bench by a tree. It was across the field behind the dorms. We took a seat on the bench, one leg on either side of it. 

        "Michael, why are we here?" I asked the red head. He still had his outfit on from today. Which looked nicer than my purple Panic At The Disco tank top with jeans and black converse. "Because I wanted to tell you something." I gave him a questioning look. He sighed and continued. "What do you think of me?" He asked. "You're funny, cool, and you have an adorable temper. I can't ever be sad when I'm with you or watching your videos." I told him. He smiled a little but shook his head. "That's not what I mean Rikki." He said. "You mean like...?" He nodded. "Oh uh... I think you're really cute. I've always had a crush on you 'cause of the videos but, meeting you in person is a lot different than from behind a screen." I told him. He smiled, going from a smirk to a full smile.

        "Usually, when someone comes to Rooster Teeth or Achievement Hunter, and even the fans do this. But they usually like Ray and Gavin or anybody else in the company. I'm usually too angry, or annoying, or just not attractive. So it's amazing to hear this." Michael said. I barely touched his hand and pulled back. At least I attempted to. Michael grabbed my hand and held it in his own. "I can't imagine that being true. Sure Ray is funny and adorkable, and sure Gavin is an idiot in a sorta cute way. But you outweigh them by far. You get most people into AH. And that takes more than squawks and roses. It takes being a variety of things." I told him.  He looked me in the eyes, almost searching for something. "You're easy to talk to ya know?" He told me. I nodded.

        I remembered something. "Did you drag me out here just for that?" I asked. "No. I needed to do that to confirm something." He says. "Did you get your answers?" I questioned. "Yes." He told me.

All of a sudden, his lips were on mine. I could have only dreamed of this before. But now, THE Michael Vincent Jones, was kissing me. He broke away after a minute. "I-I'm sorry..." He apologized and pulled away his hand. I reached for his hand again, holding it once I found it. "Don't apologize." I said and kissed him again. Once we broke again, He looked at me surprised. He ran his hand through his brownish red curls, removing his beanie in the process. I picked it up and placed it on his head, causing us both to laugh.

        "You know the guys are gonna kill me if they find out right?" Michael told me. "Then we keep it a secret, our secret." I told him, turning to sit right on the bench. He did the same. "But anyone who knows me knows I'm terrible at hiding my feelings." Michael told me. I looked to the stars. "Yeah, but if you try reallly hard, you can do anything."  He giggled at my comment. "You're so weird and geeky. It's adorkable." I laughed. For a long time. "This is gonna be impossible." I told him, looking at him as I say it. "Welcome to the club." He said. "Host club?" I asked. he punched me in the arm as I laughed.

        "So how do we do this?" I asked Michael. "Uh if anyone asks, we deny it. And we hide our affection. Like we don't show affection around the guys." Michael explained. I sighed. "I don't get how everyone can have a girlfriend but you'd get made fun of for it. It pisses me off." I told him. He squeezed my hand, forcing me to look at him. He searched my tear stained green eyes with his brown ones. "Hey, It's only because I'm the rage quit guy. If Ray were like me, everyone would make fun of him too. It's not you, or me. They just wanna be assholes. I love you, and they can't change it." Michael told me. I could tell it was from his heart. Goddammit! Why does he make this so hard? "I love you too." I said.