Chapter 7: The Accident

"I'M COMING UP!" "I want the world to kno-ow!" Team nice dynamite sang. "Jesus shut the fuck up you're murdering animals!" Ryan teased. We were in the middle of filming a Lets play and I made the mistake of saying 'I want the world to know'. God. All 3 lads were singing at this point. Then the door flew open. "I swear to god if you idiots don't SHUT UP I will literally strangle you!" Monty yelled semi-calmly from the doorway, nearing closer to the men with each word. He stopped barely an inch from Gav's nose and then walked off grumbling: "Jesus try to get some sleep around here..." Honestly, Monty made me feel weird. It excited me to see him, but he could scare the shit out of me. "Okay... well Rikki? Irs close to your birthday ain't it?" Geoff asked. I nodded. "Tomorrow actually." I told him. "Ill be 16." "Aannnnddddd I'm gonna take her out for a nice dinner." Michael inputted. "You don't have to do that Michael. " I told the red head. "Oh but I do." He said. I rolled my eyes. "If you insist." I told him and continued playing.

        Eventually, we had finished recording (and thank god for that). I looked at the clock and noticed we could take our lunch. "What do you guys want for lunch?" I asked. "Taco Bell." Ray answered immediately. I flicked him off and looked to the rest of the group. "Tacos are awesome okay?!" Ray protested. I ignored him as Michael spoke up. "Pizza's always nice." "Yeah but with all you kids it'll be like 3 medium pizza's." Geoff said. He made a good point. "Who gives a shit. Just make Team Building Exercise pay for their own and we'll pay for ours." Ryan said, arms crossed. "1,2,3 NOTIT!" Kdin yelled. Jeremy and Lindsay repeated it fast as well. "Matt you're paying!" Jeremy said. "What? No!" The master builder objected. "You didn't say not it." Lindsay countered. Matt put his hand on his head. "Fine. But remember, I fucking hate all of you." He said. "Alright. Ill go pick up the pizza's if y'all will order them." I told the group. "Sounds great." Geoff said and him and Matt worked on ordering the pizza's.

        "They're ready for pickup Rikki!" Geoff called from the other side of the room. I pulled my beanie down further onto my brown hair. "M'kay. I'm heading out. Peace." I said. Michael jumped up and kissed me before I left. "Love ya!" He told me. " I love you too Mogar." I replied. I skipped out of the room and ran down the hallway. I raced out the doors and was met once again with a cool autumn breeze. I sighed in relaxation and continued to walk to the pizza place. It wasn't far, maybe a half mile but still. I can walk a mile. The street next to me was busy, as always, which always kinda scared me. I always thought of a car going haywire and hitting me. But, the possibilities of that happening were slim, right? A cold shiver ran down my spine and I continued my trek, blocking the thought out of my mind.

        After a little while, I finally reached the pizza place. The man at the counter looked at me weird, and gave me the pizza's. I nodded, picked up the pizzas, and left. "Goddamn these are hot." I spoke to no one. I wonder how long I've taken. Hopefully not too long. Ugh I don't wanna think of what will happen to me if I'm late... I trudged on hoping to get to the office soon. Or school. I don't know what to call it honestly. Its a mixture of both. Whatever. I could see the office in the distance when I heard a bunch of horns behind me. I turned around to see what it was. And then my world went black.
This isn't a game.
I hope I'm not dead.
Please let the "Game over. Try again?" Screen pop up.
Please let something happen.

Then I could hear again.

At first, it was really loud ringing. Then I heard fire. Then I heard people ask: "Are you alright?" But I couldn't find the words to speak.

Then I heard his voice.
Michael's voice.

"RIKKI! Rikki baby, answer me please! Are you okay? Please answer me! GODDAMMIT I DON'T WANNA LOOSE YOU!" Michael screamed. All at once I could see, and smell, and touch, and taste. I opened my eyes to see two men looking at me, probably putting me on a gernie. "LET ME GO!" Michael yelled. "What's g-going on?" I asked the men. "You were in an accident. A bystander called 911. And that man over there came it about 20 minutes ago. I'm guessing hes special to you?" One answered. I attempted ti shake my head. "Yes, hes my b-boyfriend. I'd like t-to see him actual-lly." I told him. The man nodded. They lifted me into the ambulance before they beckoned him over. "Is she okay???" He asked, but was turned down and practically shoved into the ambulance. "Hey." He whispered and grabbed my hand. "Hi." I said back. "What the fuck happened to you?" He asked. God, I could practically sense the worry coursing through his veins. "I-i don't really know. All I know is I was h-hit by a c-car." I told him. The paramedic in the van continued to work on my injuries as we talked. "If I ever find that son of a bitch-" he started. I cut him off. "You'll do jack shit Michael." I said firmly. "But he fucking ran you over with a goddamn car." He responded. "Hey, its okay. Ill be fine, okay? Don't worry about the driver. Just be there for me. Its all I ask." I told him. I ran my thumb over his hand. "Alright." He agreed. Then the paramedic stuck me with something and I faded into darkness.

        I knew I was not awake. Yet it seemed so real. The moment I was hit was finally clear. In my dream of sorts, I'm not visible to the world. And I cant interact with it. All I see is myself, a brown haired girl with a green beanie and a matching green flannel, paired with a black tank top, jeans, and green converse. I was just carrying 3 pizzas, walking back to the office. And then a car swerved, which is when I turned around. And god, its horrifying to watch yourself get hit by a car. I saw myself laying on the ground, then a woman pull out her phone and call somebody, presumably 911. Then the AH crew must've seen the lights and ran out, Michael running the fastest. Maybe he knew it was me. Then, it all went down as I saw for myself. One thing IS for sure: If I live, it'll be nightmare fuel forever.

        But then, light shone in from all around. "-kki. Rikki sweetie, please wake up. A woman said. I opened my eyes. Light intruded from every crevice in view. A woman stood in a pure white nurse outfit in front of me. "Rikki, tests show that thankfully, there was not a lot of major damage." "Not a lot?!?" I asked. "Well, when the car hit you, you slammed into concrete. Therefore, parts of your back are broken. We are going to operate on it tomorrow, but you'll have to go to an orthodontist for therapy." She explained. "So how can I game? O-or draw?" I asked, frantically. "You can still do both things, but you'll have to be careful not to hurt your back." She told me. "God..." I whispered. "I'll leave you two be." She told me and walked away. "You okay?" Michael asked from beside me. "Not really. I'm scared. I don't wanna not be able to draw, or game anymore. They're both my life!" I told him. Tears stung my eyes. "Hey, you'll be fine okay? They'll take care of you, Rooster Teeth will take care of you, I will take care of you." He told me and wiped the tears from my eyes. More flowed to replace the ones he wiped away. He hugged me as I cried. He attempted to soothe me with calming words and petting my hair. I eventually fell asleep in his arms.

        I woke up. But this time to a serene room filled with pale moonlight. I looked around me and spotted Michael sleeping in a chair next to my bed. I smiled and laid back in my bed. "You awake?" He whispered. "Yeah." I replied. "Do you think you'll be okay after surgery?" He asked. "Don't know." I told him. "I hope so..." He replied. Honestly, I hope so for both our sakes. Because if I can't do what i love, I'll never be happy again.

[A/N Soooo.... Yup I did that. No, I don't wish to die. Yes, I'm sorry. Nah but seriously, I'm sorry I just killed you. It will get better, I promise. Uh kinda just needed a change in pace for the story so BAM. And sorry it's so short, didn't really want to elaborate any more but it'll pick up next chapter. Anyhow, What do you think will happen next?]