Chapter 9: Shawn Spencer, Pyschic Detective

We all fell asleep laying just like that, Michael in my lap, and Lindsay by my side. Though I woke up with Lindsay no longer beside me. "Morning babe." Michael said and I looked up to meet his eyes. "Morning sweetheart." I told him. He got up before saying "Don't lie to me, I'm the Rage Quit guy. My heart is a deep red full of anger." I sat up on the bed. "Yeah, yeah, But I calm down your fucking eternal period." I joked. "Hey! It's only at certain times moron." He said. "I'd be sweet to me mister." I said, hinting the previous events. He sighed and caved in. "Yeah I know. And you'd best be sweet to me as well." He walked closer to me and I held his hands. "Promise to be sweet?" I asked, pressing my forehead against his. He laughed. "I promise." He told me. Our moment was broken by the sound of my phone going off.

Burnie ~ Hey Rikki, come to my classroom this morning. Monty and the gang wanna talk to you about something.

"What is it?" Michael asked, trying to get a look at my phone. "Burnie's asking me to go to his office for something." I told him. "Ooooh Rikki's in troouuublleeee~!" He sang. "Oh shut it." I told him and got changed. I wore my jeans per usual, along with my X-Ray shirt. "See ya in a bit love." I told Michael before leaving for Burnie's office.

        "I wonder what he wants...." I said to myself as I wandered through the hallways. "No, no, no, Yup. Here it is." I said, opening the door to Burnie's office. I was greeted by the sight of Monty leaning against a wall with his arms crossed, then Miles hugging me. "Rikki!!! I haven't seen you in a while!" He chirped. "I just saw you yesterday." I practically groaned out since he was hugging me so tight. I heard another man sigh. "Get off her Miles, you're gonna smush her." Miles let go to show Kerry standing behind him. "Sorry about him." Kerry apologized and lightly punched Miles. I walked further into the office to see Burnie at his desk. "Hey Rikki! So I'm pretty sure you know why you're here, correct?" He asked. "To become a voice actress for either RWBY or RvB?" I asked." He nodded. "Might wanna sit down." Monty suggested and I did as so. He carried on. "We want you to join the RWBY cast. As to who in particular, we want you to voice someone on Gavin's team, probably his best friend. Maybe even be his sister on the show. Think you can do it?" Miles asked me. I nodded. "Heck ya! Uh, how would I sound though?" I asked. "We'll go over that later. We're just trying to see which one you should play right now." Kerry said. "Should we test some then?" I asked. "No. Since we have time before volume 3, we haven't developed Gavin's team yet. But when we do, we'll get you, Okay?" Monty said. I nodded. "That's it for now, thanks and have an awesome day!" Kerry said, dismissing me. I left the office to spot Michael right outside. "Holy fuck you scared me." I told Michael. He walked over to me before saying "C'mon I'll walk you to class. What was the meeting about?" He asked. I knew he had an ulterior motive. "Voice acting in RWBY as either Gav's sister or best friend." I explained. He nodded. "Coolness." "Do you think we'll ever get an office? Like, stop using a school for all our stuff?" I asked Michael. He shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not. You never know with these guys. Best to just live in the moment and take what we have." He told me.

           We arrived at the classroom not long after that. Lindsay was already in the room. "Hey guys! What happened?" She asked. "Might be joining the cast of RWBY in volume 3." I replied. Nice! I'm sure Monty will design a nice character for you to voice." She replied and continued editing. Both Michael and I sat down and started our own work. Eventually everyone filed into the room. "Oh guys? I'm gonna film Rage Quit at 1 just so you all know." Michael announced. Everyone nodded in acknowledgement and went on with their day. "Wanna film a go?" Geoff asked at some point and everyone agreed, including myself even though I had a pounding headache. Everyone took their spots and Geoff took his microphone. Kdin called out "In 5,4,3,2..." and we were off.

        It didn't take long to film one Go but as usual, Geoff wanted to do multiple. So we ended up taking an hour filming go's. The only reason we stopped was because Michael told us to "Get the fuck out losers I have to film Rage Quit." I scowled and left to go have lunch with the others, the others being Linds and Gav. "Wonder what he's filming." I said as we walked towards the lunchroom. "I know." Lindsay responded, a sly smirk written onto her face. "How?" I asked. "I made a fake YouTube account and he responded with a yes to my idea of some old arcade game I used to play as a kid." Lindsay explained. I laughed. "Slick." She nodded. "AS YOUR PUSSY!" Came out of no where. Probably from Ray. "THANKS BRO!" I yelled back and heard people laugh around me. "Hey Rikki!" I heard out of no where. I sighed. Now what? "Yeah?" I responded to have Kerry and Miles pop up in front of me. "We need your number in case we have to call you in for recording or a meeting!" Kerry told me. "Oh ok let me get my phone out." I told him and reached for my phone. One problem: It wasn't there. I checked all my pockets and remembered I left it in the office. "Shit hold on." I told them and ran back to the office.

        I bursted through the door to have Michael's head fly around to look at me. "WHAT?!!" He yelled. A sound went off in his headset and he turned around to see "You Died" painted onto the screen. "FUCKING A! SEE WHAT YOU DO YOU BITCH!" He yelled. I was taken aback as he kept yelling. "I'm just getting my damn cell phone Michael! Chill the fuck out!" I yelled and marched over to my desk and left. He was so pissed. I can't tell if he meant what he said or not. Maybe he did. Maybe when I was in my coma he thought I was an inconvenience. That could be why he's so pissed. And who knows maybe him and Lindsay hooked up. No they're my friends, they wouldn't do that. I quickly gave Kerry my number and told him to share it with Monty and Miles later before leaving to go sit outside. I lied to Lindsay that I wasn't feeling okay so they wouldn't ask. I hope he didn't mean what he said. I should just go back to the dorm and take some ibuprofen for my headache I thought to myself. So I did.

        No one really bugged me for a while until Lindsay came to check up on me at around 6. She promised to go get me some food when she left for groceries. I returned to my home on the couch when she left, only to have to get right back up when there was a knock at the door. I opened it and there stood Michael. "Can I come in?" He asked. I forced a smile and let him in. "I'm sorry." He said almost immediately but kept rephrasing it. "It's okay." I told him. He turned around and gave me a questioning look. "I didn't say anything." He told me. I got confused. "But you said I'm sorry." I said in a questioning tone. "I was thinking of how to say I'm sorry..." He responded, apparently just as confused as I was. "Did you read my mind or somethin?" He asked. "Michael no one can fucking do that." I reminded him. "No,no,no it's in all the movies! Something happens to someone, they get struck by lightning, or hit by a car.. Wait you got hit by a car! What if you got powers and that's why you were in a coma!" He spat out, excited as a kid with ice cream. "That's preposterous." I told him. "But what if it's true! Here, what am I thinking?" He asked and shut up for a moment. "I love you." He said. "i love you too." I said and his finger flung out at me, kind of like Phoenix Wright. "I thought that!" He yelled out. "WHat in the hell happened to me?" I asked and sat down on the ground. "Something amazing."

        When Lindsay arrived home, we didn't waste time explaining the situation to her. "Wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. You got hit by a car, went into a coma, came back, and can now mystically read minds? Bullshit." Lindsay said in response to what we told her. "Really? Then think of something." Michael tested. She sighed and complied. "Cats. You're thinking of warm, fluffy, cuddly cats." I told her. Her eyes widened. "No way! Dude this is hella cool! I'm twee-" "No you're not. If I get found out they'l do tests on me or some shit. No one can know. This stays between the three of us." I immediately said. She stopped and said "Okay." We talked for a while about possible pranks we could pull, or how we could win let's plays easier. We also tested it out a few more times. But the thing most said among the three of us was "I can't believe this is real." Because fuck, even if it was my power, I couldn't believe it myself. And while I know it sounds preposterous, it's true. But currently it comes and goes, it can't be forced. It is more controllable with 2 or 3 people in the room, including myself. But who knows how it'll go at work. I might get caught easily, but with Michael and Lindsay by my side that might not be such a problem.

        "So when should we use this again?" Linds asked. "I don't think we can use it. It's more of it happens. I mean with 3 people it's manageable but with 13 people in one room, it might be spontaneous." I told her. She nodded and laid back on the floor. "I can't fuckin believe this." She said. "WAIT! Does this mean you're like Shawn Spencer but real?!" Michael asked, bouncing with excitement. I giggled. "No not really. Shawn finds clues, I read minds. See the difference?" I told him. He slumped. "Oh right." He said disappointed. Whatever I am now, mutant, super hero, abnormal person, whatever it is, I'm glad about one thing. While it might be hard to hide, at least I can use it to my advantage granted what I do and who I'm with. This will certainly come in handy lots.

[A/N I can't believe I just wrote that. But okay. I hope that this twist will make things more interesting for the gang or it might not. O-WEE-O! But on another note, it took me a while to write this soley because I was debating on where to go with this. So here goes it. Tell me if you liked it by either voting for the chapter or commenting about it. I love feedback! Love <3 Rikki]