Chapter 5: The Bottle Brings Out The Truth

Soon enough, Meg was knocking on the door and Ray answered it almost immediately. We used my old beer bottle and laid it on the ground in the middle of our circle. Michael and I looked at each other once again before it started. "Okay so no girls kissing girls, no guys kissing guys. Just straight, okay? No homo." Ray announced. Everyone nodded. "Alright." Ray started while placing his hand on the bottle. "Spiiiiin the bottlleeeeee!" He yelled as the bottle spun around, slowing with each turn.

         The bottle turned until it slowed to a stop on Tina. "Ah, as luck would have it. Alright, come here." Ray said as they met over the bottle and gave a quick simple kiss. After that, the bottle landed on Meg, she spun it and it landed on Gavin. "Well then love, come 'ere." Gavin said and they met over the bottle too. Then Michael and Lindsay kissed, Ray and I kissed, and so on and so on. Just when Michael and I thought we were safe, he had the bottle for the last time. He spun it and it landed right on me.

         Now, the reason why we were so scared is that usually, if a couple kissed neither blushed. And if two people who didnt like each other kissed, the same thing. But usually, if two people who liked each other kissed, they blushed and everyone could tell. So, back to normal time.

          Our eyes caught each others for a moment. We leaned over the bottle and kissed. Except it wasn't the little peck like everyone else did. We kissed for longer then that. Ray stood when we broke apart. "And my suspicions were correct. So, how long were you planning on hiding it?" Ray asked. "Longer than this..." I said. Michael and I both blushed with hands in our lap. "Well, you certainly don't hide it well." Ray said, crossing his arms. "Hey Michael?" Ray asked. "What." Michael said, slightly angry. "I won't bug you about it. Too much. Alright, lets go home Tina. " Ray told Michael. Tina stood and said 'Thank you' before she followed Ray to the door. "Sorry about him!" She whispered and left, closing the door behind her. Meg and Gav followed behind after them, leaving only Michael, Lindsay, and I.

         "So WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?!?" Lindsay asked, looking inbetween Michael and I. "It, happened last night." I said. "Called it..." she whispered. "We met up, told each other how we felt, and promised to keep it our secret." I told her. She went from angry, to worried. "Why would you do that?" She asked. "You know why. They wouldnt leave us alone. They would make fun of me. Say oh rage quit got a girl? Wow." Michael said, resting his head in his hands. "And they still will most likely. But you cant let that get you down." Lindsay said. I walked over to Michael. He sighed. "Im not worried about me Linds, I'm worried about Rikki." Michael told Lindsay. You could see it click in her head. She gave him a sympathetic look. "You really do love her, dont you?" Lindsay asked. "Noooooo im just worried about her for no goddamn reason! Of course I love her! Everone else I could care less about!" He yelled. "Hey fuckhead calm down. Im sure the guys will be good natured about all this. So just calm the fuck down. Okay?" I asked. He nodded. "It just stresses me out." He replies. "I know dork." I told him, scruffing up his hair, making his beanie fly onto the floor. "You're picking that up." He told me, and I did as told, placing it back on his head.

        "So what are we doing?" I asked the group as we sat on the couch. "I kinda don't wanna go back to my dorm." Michael admitted. "Ok, you're sleeping on the floor then." I told him. He nodded and grabbed a spare comforter from the closet and set it down on the floor. We all gamed for quite a while until Lindsay decided it was time for bed. But even then, Michael and I stayed up. We laughed and talked, having a grand old time until Lindsay yelled "EITHER GO OUTSIDE OR SHUT THE FUCK UP LOVEBIRDS!" We decided to go outside.

        We held hands as we walked out into the night air. We laid down on the grass and looked up to watch the stars. "Hey Rikki?" Michael asked. "Yeah?" I responded. "Why look into the sky when all the stars are in your eyes?" He asked. I knew where that was from. It was from one of my favorite songs, No Typical Thursday Night. "You are such a romantic at heart aren't you?" I asked. "Well..." Michael started. I laughed, extremely hard. "God I love you, fuckhead." I told him. "Yeah because you call the people you love 'fuckheads'" He said. I punched him in the arm. "You wanna try that again?" He asked, turning his head to look at me. "Honestly, noooooooo." I told him. "Good..." He whispered. I snickered. "What?!?" What did I do this time!?!" He asked. I just continued to laugh.