Nicknames.

Jaebum had warned Na'imah about how easily likable the guys would be but she had no clue that her cheeks would be hurting this badly from smiling and laughing so damn hard.

From the moment she stepped foot inside of his apartment, she was immediately pulled out of his grasps and practically bombarded by hugs and introductions from the other members. 

Questions were thrown left and right as they pulled her into the kitchen where Yugyeom and Jackson sat her in between them, leaving Jaebum irritated and left sitting on the opposite side of her at the dining room table.

The entire dinner was spent with them telling random stories about themselves and as many embarrassing ones about her boyfriend. The number of times she has seen him roll his eyes and loudly sigh was pure comedy to her.

It wasn't until dessert that Jaebum had had enough and finally got up, stalking to the other side of the table where she sat and mushed Jackson in the face to get him to move, taking his spot once he did.

Giggling at his actions, Na'imah placed a quick kiss on his lips when she felt Yugyeom give her hand a squeeze, taking her attention away from Jaebum. "Noona, do you miss it back home in the states?" He asks, a sweet smile spreading across his face.

Na'imah could feel herself get nervous once again whenever someone would try venture into her past, and every time she would give a bleak ass answer, hoping that it would be enough. But she knew the guys weren't stupid and were quick to pick up that something was off. Their glances towards JB making it even more obvious.

"How about we start up karaoke and divide into teams?" Jinyoung suddenly suggested, attempting to shift the focus to something else.

Glancing down at their interlocked hands, Na'imah looked at the younger male who has probably been the most curious about her out of all of them. Deep inside, she really wished things were different and she could share happy moments but they barely existed.

"It's fine..." She tells Jinyoung, sending him a small smile. "Honestly, I can't say that I do. I don't have many great memories which is why I Ieft to begin with,"

"Oh, I see...I'm sorry," Yugyeom apologized, which made Na'imah quickly shake her head.

"Don't. My past may be unfortunate, however, it ultimately led me here in the end, so I can't complain about it too much," She reassures him, feeling JB softly grip her thigh. "But if you all will excuse me, I have to use the bathroom," Standing up, Na'imah ignored the numerous pairs of eyes on her, watching her closely until she disappeared down the hall and into the bathroom.

"Was she abused?" Mark was the first the ask as soon as he heard the sound of the bathroom door click closed. Although he knew it wasn't his place to speak on it, he couldn't help but feel like something terrible happened to Na'imah when she was growing up.

"I got that feeling as well," Jackson spoke up next, placing a closed fist underneath his chin. "Any question we asked dealing with her life before the military almost seems so hard for her to answer. But anything after the military, she's happy to tell us about," He observed with the others nodding their heads in agreement.

"I don't know...but even if she was, it's not my place to tell you," Jaebum responded, picking up his glass of water, almost emptying the glass in one gulp.

"Hyung, we swear we aren't trying to cross any boundaries but...we're just curious," Youngjae explains, glancing towards the hall to make sure Na'imah hadn't returned.

"She's sweet..." Yugyeom whispers to himself but the others all still managed to hear him. "I like her," He reveals, flicking his eyes towards JB. "You're lucky," He tells him, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lip.