Chapter 1: Beginning Of The End

Cold.

Wet.

Rain.

     The city streets were dark and gloomy. It was an oddly quiet stormy night. Thunder only rumbled menacingly in the distance after far away lightning struck the other clouds like a fading war was going on in the heavens.

The beginning of the end.

     A stranger sped through the streets, bundle in arms. It looked like a young lady, probably only twenty to twenty-two. And she held the tightly wrapped bundle closely like it was the only thing she cared about. Undefined noises drew near and the woman picked up her pace. She panted as the soft rain continued to soak the warn brown robe that covered her.

     She slowed to a stop at the front door of an old building. The bricks were wearing away from years of endless war and low maintenance. The building still stood strong after all these years however. Of course, who would want to destroy an innocent little orphanage?

     The woman carefully put the bundle on the doorstep. She took one last long look at her prized possession before turning and running off. She made a big deal of winding through the maze of alleyways as if someone was hot on her trail. She made it quite a distance before more strange noises were heard behind her. She ran twice as fast, almost seeming as if she had super speed. The noises only grew closer and stranger. If you could somehow hear anger, that is what it would sound like. Raging, uncontrollable, anger.

     The woman ran until she bumped into a brick wall. A little dazed, she looked around frantically at the two other walls boxing her in. The only way out was where the noise was coming from. And it's source, had already arrived. A black cloud full of chaos and mangled emotions crept around the corner. Little fizzles of lightning flashed from inside. And two glowing white eyes stared through with an anger unknown to the soul.

It was Herobrine.

     "Lovely night isn't it?" A distorted deep voice spoke from the cloud as it slowed it's pace and just hovered towards the woman. She stared back with fear that clouded her senses. Then she shook her head, snapping herself out of her fearful state.

     "This isn't time for small talk!" The woman snapped.

     "You're right.." The voice said with an evil smoothness to it. " So now, where is the child?" He asked as an obsidian blade stuck out from the cloud.

     "I don't know what you are talking about!" The lady huffed as she drew her diamond blade. The smoke slowly floated off it's source, revealing Herobrine himself. The years of war shown as scars that layered his skin. Scratches from head to toe just showed how many had tried and failed to finish him off.

     "Oh?. I think you do." Herobrine growled. " Now tell me where the kid is and I might let you live. Better take the chance then have one of us eventually kill you for your crimes against me."

     "Never." The woman said. Her normal blue eyes turned a pupil-less glowing white, just like Herobrine's. Herobrine just smirked.

     "Generations down the road. So much human DNA fogging up all that potential raw power. You'll never be able to kill 'your old grand pappie." Herobrine smiled at his own word-play.

     The woman didn't care to listen. She raised her diamond sword and charged at him with a battle cry. She sliced at Herobrine but he easily blocked with his obsidian sword. She jumped off the walls to do flips over him but he saw every move she had coming. For a while he just dodged or blocked, making it look like it was just a game to him. But then he got bored and struck the woman right in the chest. The lady staggered back and fell against the brick wall, dropping her sword as she slid her back down the side. And her eyes flickered back to normal.

     "Wh- wh- why?.." She finally breathed. Herobrine looked like he was almost about to laugh at her question. It was so vague but was asked to him so many times on so many different levels in so many different tones that now he just found the question funny.

     "Why?" Herobrine chuckled as he took slow strides forwards towards his opponent. "Is there really a reason anymore?. Because it's fun. That's why!.. Now, tell me where the child is." He growled, aiming his sword down at her head. She stared cross-eyed at it with a sad and terrified expression. But then she took in a deep and shaky breath and stared up at the sword's wielder with a stern look.

     "No." She spat out.

     "Fine.. It pains me to kill one of my own blood. But you will pay for your crimes against me." He said in an emotionless tone. Then, with one final strike, the woman was dead on the floor. And Herobrine flew up into the chaotic storm clouds above to continue on with the war.

================================================

Hello! This is CandyThePuppy here! The writer if you have no idea who I am and just want to be rude enough to skip this part :>

Anyway, it is important to know that this is a kind of follow up book to MineralFox 's story. She has several awesome books that you guys should read. If you haven't read those then what are you even doing here? Go read them!!!

If you have already read them than good, you will actually be able to understand all the characters with no introduction and most of the inside jokes, and just the overall story. So what are you doing still reading this?! Read MineralFox's books first!... K byeeeee.. :]

..And sorry but no there will be no Phil. By the time this books starts he has been dead of old age for over a hundred years. So don't beg me to raise him from the dead or something! :}