Chapter 8: Mission

"A WHAT THE WHAT NOW!?!" I screamed, disbelief and wonder filling my, well, everything! Steve and Evelyn both smiled smugly between me and the machine which stood before me. It almost looked like a strange ship of some kind, with a roof. It's shape was sort of a lopsided egg. The exterior was white glass. The two large halves of white glass were held together by a stripe of strong acacia wood. Inside, several confusing components were visible, the most flashy being three gold blocks making the control pannel. Under it, holding the machine up were four legs made of acacia, hoppers, and chests. Never before had I seen anything like it.

     "Well, everyone, climb aboard." Marx said, just walking up to it like it was no big deal.

     "Nice. Straight to the point." Steve smiled over at Marx, not noticing I was still trembling a little. Wasn't there a little teeny tiny detail about time travel being impossible?! "Now, due to obvious reasons, I won't be able to come along.. Might be best if I stay here anyways, just in case somehow by some magic, Herobrine finds this place before anything is really changed."

     "But isn't time irrelevant when it comes to time travel?" Evelyn asked with a sarcastic raised eyebrow. Steve shrunk a little.

     "Alright, so maybe there isn't a reason I haven't used this thing sooner. But hey! I would be useless anyways, especially since I exist in the time you are all going to. I was even close by where you three will be going! I- I would only endanger the mission." Steve shot in defense. Now I'm sure there could have been this big and dramatic argument about Steve being a coward, or whatever; but in all honesty, we all understood his points and they made sense. So, for us, it would just be a waste of time to point out. Also, I was feeling sleepy all of a sudden. Nothing really important about that, but I was ready for a nap. "So, the year, day, and hour is already set to a full day before the event that turned my brother evil. That should give you all enough time to find him and fix the problem." Steve lectured.

     "Is that all we have for a plan?!" I spoke up, being the only one there who really cared about consequences.

     "Listen, the plan was kept this vague on purpose so it could be handled per situation. Keeping it simple was and is the best thing to do. Evelyn will stay with you two, and the fox, to make sure things go smoothly." Steve.

     "Wait, why does everything seem to be going by so fast? Isn't there a chance we can have a break and just talk for a moment?" I asked.

     "Talking is boring! Plus, the quicker you leave, the further ahead you get before Herobrine. No doubt he will realize what is happening when he senses such a strong energy burst." Steve.

     "..Time travel!" I shouted, angered by all the plot holes that kept filling the room. Everything about time travel was just so messy!

     "Zannie, I think it is best we trust the ten thousand year old has done his math." Marx pointed out. It looked like by then he was already close to climbing in.

     "Hey! I'll have you know I am at the tender age of eight-thousand three-hundred fifty-six!" Steve snarked. I huffed and walked up to the time machine, no longer wanting to ask questions. Evelyn walked in front me and climbed up the ladder into the machine before me or Marx. I, reluctantly, climbed up the ladder, taking one last look at Steve and Marx as they stood looking at one another, seeming to be having a conversation just with their faces. Finally, I climbed in. Maybe at least I could find a good place to rest.

     "Hey, um, Steve?" Marx questioned the older man. "Um, why do you want us going? Why do you want me going? You know I am the son of your enemies.."

     "Yes, but you are also the son of my friends. Trust me, you are needed for this mission.." Steve spoke with sincerity. Both smiled a little, before Marx climbed in too and closed the trap door under him. The machine began to glow as strange noises rose in the air. The air itself began spinning in the room, speeding up like a tornado. Steve stood sure footed in the wind as lite things blew past him, just watching the machine as it slowly rose into mid air. "..May the child of the bridge fulfill the prophecy. And may he learn of true sacrifice, before it is too late..."

     And with that, the machine vanished, along with all the light, sound, and wind. The room was suddenly quiet and empty, Steve all alone.

     "And may the new reign of evil take hold of all time." His face suddenly changed to a dark grimace as he stared at the now empty space. "..I am honestly surprised they fell for that. Such gullible children." Then, Steve's whole figure darkened. Scars appeared all over his body and a shadow rested upon his shoulders. Worst of all, his eyes switched to a glowing white. "Oh yeah, Herobrine knows your plans for sure... Heh heh, he knows them all tooo well." His smile grew. Then, he hovered up off the floor and floated where the time machine had once been. The energy which had helped the machine flowed into him. His skin began to glow, that same noise as before rang up, as well as the wind which also spun counter-clockwise around him. And soon enough, he too was gone. Right on his way to the day of his turning. Where and when he had sent the children, not even he knew.

===================
Don don don!
To be honest, I even surprised myself a little with that ending. I had planned it doing something a little differently, per say. At least now I don't have to choose between two plot points like I was afraid I might have to do. This way, I can have both, and it make sense! :D
But hey, that's just a chapter!. A GAME, CHAPTER! ..And cut. XD