Chapter 3: Buddy

I stood there just staring blankly at the lady in front of me. How was Diamond /Crystal /whatever, still even alive?! Well I guess Herobrine is immortal, but I thought she was part human or something. And others descended from Herobrine lived a normal life span without any emortalness added in. So how?! Crystal just looked at me knowing that I was confused and smiled with one of those tantalizing wise smiles that just tell you how stupid you really are. 

     "H- h-, what?!" I finally studdered. Crystal just kept on smiling. 

     "Don't stress over it. I'll explain." She kindly offered. I sighed knowing I would be getting answers to the questions racing around in my head. "First off, what are your guys' names?" 

     "I- I am Zannie. And this is Marx.. But...H- how are you still alive, and still young?!" I asked. She chuckled lightly. 

     "Well I am a direct descendant of Herobrine. Therefore I have more power than those further down the family tree. Mainly because years of the descendants marrying normal people has lessened their strength. There is a whole DNA example thingy, but that stuff gets boring quickly if you are not a scientist." She chuckled. I kind of smiled too. 

     "But, you are Herobrine's daughter. I read your books and all, but didn't you eventually turn evil?" I asked. Both Crystal and 303 looked like they were about to laugh. 

     "Ha! Nope! Never swopped sides and I never will. I used to hope I could bring Herobrine back to his old good self, he used to want to be good, but, that time passed long ago." Crystal sighed. 

     "Herobrine really was good once?!" Marx jumped in with the question. I looked over at him and saw his eyes were back to normal, thankfully. 

     "Yeah, but that was even before I was born. He was partially good once after he found me, but then things took a very dark turn. And now he has descended into madness. Too deep for him to even want to pull himself out." Crystal answered with another sigh. Though it had been probably almost three hundred years since the time of Mineral and her fox kingdom, I could still tell she wished there was something she could have done to stop her father's madness. "Anyway, we need to get you two settled in here." Crystal suddenly piped up. 

     "What should I do?" Entity303 asked Crystal. 

     "Did you happen to see Mrs. Zanderson protecting the kids?" Crystal asked back. 

     "Well I saw this lady with glowing purple eyes-" 303 was cut off. 

     "That's her. A descendant of both Herobrine and Phil. Make sure her cover is kept secret. Got it?" ..303 nodded and teleported away. "What are we doing just standing here? Come on, I'll show you two around!" Crystal smiled before turning to lead us around. Me and Marx quickly followed. The place was an underground base for sure. The mall like space was like the center of it all. And many many tunnels branched off into sleeping quarters, storage compartments, automatic farms, training rooms, and a petting zoo. The petting zoo was my favorite room so far. 

     I entered the petting zoo eager to find the fluffiest sheep there. Marx wasn't too far behind but took his time to look around. Just by looking at his face I could tell he was still digesting the fact that he was related to the worst monster in all the WORLD. 

     I quickly ran to a white fluff ball and jumped out and grabbed it. The animal squawked, not what I was expecting. I looked down and saw I had caught a chicken between my hands. It was soft, but still not a sheep. Sheep were my favorite animals at the time. I let the chicken go and it ran off into the bushes that had been planted around to make the place seem more, not under ground. There were even trees and glowstone to make the place seem more like above ground. 

     Slowly, I crept around in the bushes listening for any ba'as from sheep. Instead of a sheep, I heard small footsteps. They slowly came closer from the bushes I was around. I couldn't see the steps' source so I jumped out from the bushes in fear and came back to back with a tree. The steps quickened and I jumped in shock when I saw something reddish orange jump out right at me. I squealed a little as I fell onto my bum with my back stuck against the tree. I felt a wet toung lick my face. But, it didn't bite me. I quickly opened my eyes when I realized I wasn't dieing and saw it was a little fox on my lap licking me like a puppy.  

     "Zannie!?" Crystal shouted worriedly as she jumped from behind the shrubs. She saw me and smiled in relief. "Oh, you really had me worried there." She sighed. I pet the fox and stood up. The little fox kept looking up at me and running around my feet as if it really did think it were a dog. 

     "Who is this?" I chuckled as I looked at the little fox. 

     "Oh that little guy? We found him as a little pup and raised him with our puppies. He doesn't really have a name though." Crystal said. I smiled as I thought about naming him myself. 

     "Hmmmm, how about. Brandon! Yea." I suggested. I thought the name fit cutely for the little fox. Crystal however didn't really seem to like it as much. She flinched a little at the name as if it reminded her of someone. "Okay, how about, Buddy!" I then thought. Crystal didn't seem to mind and after a second the name sounded even better than the first. The little fox seemed to like the name too as he jumped around once again. 

     "Heh, looks like it is Buddy then." Crystal laughed as she watched him jump around. "And I am surprised he likes you so much. He is usually pretty shy." 

      "Well come on Buddy! Let's go on an adventure!" I shouted cheerfully as I turned and ran to the door of the room. Buddy followed behind yapping happily like a little dog. Sheep were no longer my favorite pet, foxes were. Especially Buddy. :]

==================================

Now I think I know how writers feel when they do slow updates. XD I just want to make sure I turn into the action and adventure stuff well enough without it being so jumpy. Anyway, so yeah. :>

Also, I didn't realize until recently how close Marx and Max are in spelling. Oops. I usually try to come up with names that are not a lot like others. But Marx was actually a nickname for one of my friends and I thought it sounded kind of fitting at the time. Okey byeeee! :}