Chapter 9: Faked

~~~What Happened To Steve?~~~

The aged, but spry immortal man dug desperately through the chests upstairs in his house. The item he was looking for was gone. Dang it! He had just finished that time machine, and now he couldn't even use it! How would he be able to set the time properly with that original piece he had first made over twenty years ago? Surely it hadn't been stolen in that time!.. Had it?..

B-COCK!

A distant chicken freaked out, making the young man's head snap up. He knew it was a silly idea, but perhaps his animals had taken it. They were pretty smart. Just going out to check on his chickens, Steve stomped down the stairs, still recovering from the anger of losing that LAST item. He would just have to worry about time travel a bit later. When the young spirited man exited the back door to check up on his chicken coop, he didn't see what was causing the wruckus, but every single one of them looked on edge. Even the rabbits were hopping around with their tails up like spikes, and their eyes narrowed into slits.

"..Uuummmm, are you all okA-" His question was interrupted with a sword piercing his chest. Immediately, with a red flash the man popped out of existance, leaving nothing but his inventory to prove he had once been there. Still held in place where Steve's chest was, was a blade of solid darkness. Holding the handle, was a hand: one coated in scars and a layer of darkness and the feeling of pure dread and terror. And attached to that, was the rest of Herobrine.

"Hmf. Simple enough." The killer mumbled, looking down at the man's pile of inventory. Little did poor Steve know that he had been carrying the item he was looking for all day. His pockets were just so full all the time that he never even noticed.

Buc-buc-buc-buc-buc-buc-buc BUCKOCK!

Herobrine looked up from Steve's inventory to see what had made that noise. Was it just him, or.. were the chickens, glaring at him..? The rabbits too. All the animals inside that small backyard stood round the killer of their master, glaring, as if saying, "this town ain't big enough for the two of us." Herobrine only looked back curiously, a 'seriously?!' look on his face?

The chicken who had grabbed his attention raised it's wing, bringing all the animals into a well-formed alignment, and thrust it down in the killer's direction with fierce force, bocking loudly once again.

B'COCK!!!

Without even having time to think about what would happen next, all the terrors of the unknown horror-driven universal conflicts were unleashed upon the immortal. ( XD )

Eggs shot forth like bullets from the chickens, and the rabbits bounded forwards ferociously. Herobrine had not expected such an assault, and squeaked when the armies of Steve's backyard showed their true colors on the battlefield.

Using his sword against such tiny creatures was beneath him, but in his moment of shock and sudden torture, he pulled it out anyways, swinging it blindly at the rabbits aiming for his throat. It took a while, but Herobrine eventually regained his bearings, and began fearlessly slicing at the chickens, allowing the rabbits to claw at his legs and back as he ran. The white hens flapped their wings frantically, probably shouting "RETREEEAT!!" and Herobrine chased after them, one by one. They kept fighting back, however, and the animals continued this for quite some time, until finally something stone solid waked Herobrine along the backside of his head, spinning him around to come face to face with the now younger, newly respawned Steve: angrier than he had been in a couple hundred life-times.

Herobrine groaned; for he had momentarily forgotten his brother could set his new spawn point wherever he last slept, and now he was much younger looking and probably a lot more determined than before he had fatally stabbed him. Good thing for him, however, was that the only item he had now that could do damage was an old, spare stone pickaxe, which he held with both hands in his enraged slouched position, ready for a fight. The item. Herobrine looked back to it on the floor. It lay only a few pixels away from his feet. All he needed to do was grab it and-