Chapter 23: On Ancient Methods of Staunching Bloodflow

Warning for slightly graphic descriptions of blood below.

Seeing the bloodstains on my robe left me stunned.

The area by my thighs was bloated with a kind of pain that was hard to describe. My hands were propped against the stone table. I was already having trouble standing steadily, but then Fang Hua started taking a few steps towards me.

"You..."

I backed up a few steps. At this critical juncture, I dreaded him doing something that'd be hard for me to bear. Yet Fang Hua just took my hand and pulled me closer. "Stay still and don't move."

He gave me a gentle look, rolling up his sleeves as he bent down and smoothed out my robes with his hands.

My entire body shivered, and goosebumps rose on my skin. There was a gushing sensation from my stomach, and then something got wet. It was extremely shocking. I had no words beyond widening my eyes to stare at his innocent gaze.

He withdrew his hand to rub at the blood on his fingertips. The next words only added fuel to the fire. "You're bleeding so much. It must be a severe injury."

So he concluded.

Without stopping to wipe his hands, he stuck out two fingers and suddenly jabbed me in various places to seal my pressure points. My breath was fragrant with the scent of alcohol, but his movements made me swallow my words again.

"How is it? Better?" His face revealed an expression of thoughtful concern as he continued to observe my body.

I stood stunned for a while. "I don't really feel anything."

Looking down, I observed on various places of my snow-white robes were scattered three to four red fingerprints, clearing marking out the locations of various acupuncture points.

As if...

"Fang Hua, how can you just carelessly decide to stop the bleeding? Hurry up and unseal her." Han Zichuan stood on one side, anxious yet impatient as he felt me all over.

"How come?" Fang Hua asked.

"Yeah, how come?" I asked dully. "I feel a lot more comfortable now."

"Don't ask about so much nonsense, after all..." Han Zichuan's neck had turned red. He looked away and roughly grabbed Fang Hua's hand, using it to cover me up. Fang Hua's eyes rounded into a smile, and he instantly unsealed my pressure points.

"It really seems like he's unreliable for these kind of things. I don't even know how your yifu raised you until now." Han Zichuan sucked in a breath, giving me an extremely odd look. He pinched my fingers between his own and said in a very low voice, "Go with me to the house, you clueless little spoon[1]."

But Fang Hua held me back, a little sad.

I was hesitant.

Han Zichuan's eyebrows knitted as he rubbed his temples with one hand. It seemed like he was trying to think of something. His mouth twitched, uncertain of whether he should laugh, yet the look he gave me was firm. He leaned in to whisper in my ear, "You're a girl, and yet you need a boy to teach you about these things."

I blinked a few times. A coldness filled me up, and I became a lot more clearheaded. In fact, I was even beginning to understand him a little. In the end, I somehow left Fang Hua standing there and ignorantly followed Han Zichuan into my room. My clean and tidy quarters had a faint fragrance to them, mixed with the fresh scent of bamboo.