Chapter 24: His Imperial Highness, the Crown Prince

That day, Fang Hua told me a few other things, but my memory was too hazy to remember. My entire body felt dizzy and heavy, though I managed to hold on to one thing: Han Zichuan was a very special person. Fang Hua thought he was very special.

I couldn't describe the feelings I felt upon hearing those words... I could only toss and turn on the bed, my eyes open the entire night.

Dawn came around five to seven in the morning, when I heard a noise.

I tidied myself up a bit, tied my sash and opened the door, only to see Fang Hua standing outside, a fresh green willow branch behind his back. Soft light spilled on his person, creating a vision so beautiful that it seemed irreverent and profane to even set eyes on his person.

"Aren't you going to let me in?" he smiled softly.

"Yifu, look at what you're saying." I didn't even have time to move out of the way or invite him myself before he brushed me aside and walked indoors. He looked around a bit, brows furrowing, before heading towards the bed. Lifting up his robes, he took a seat.

He really acted casually around me.

"Shao'er, why are you being so distant?" he raised his head and looked over, smiling as he patted the space beside him.

I did as told, sticking my butt to sit by a corner.

It wasn't that I didn't want to get closer.

Just, whenever I smelled the fragrance of flowers wafting off his person, I would start thinking of all sorts of foolish fancies, wondering exactly what the relationship was between him and Han Zichuan. Perhaps...

Han Zichuan was Fang Hua's real foster son.

Fang Hua sighed and turned around. I gave a start, heart pounding. Truthfully speaking, I didn't know when I started reacting like this. I only knew my beating heart carried a feeling that was almost unbearable, yet hard to understand.

"Shao'er, look at you. You're agitated again."

I forced a smile. "Did yifu come looking for something from me?"

"I told Zichuan to prepare some clothes for you, see if they fit." His hands touched a wrapped-up bundle of clothing resting on his knees.

"Yifu, the clothes you give me have all been too big. There's still robes from last year in the wardrobe that I've been saving. I haven't worn them yet."

He smiled as he looked at me, trying to control his expression. Fingers shaking, he opened up the cloth packaging.

Inside was a unique, brightly-colored pale pink fabric. Beneath that was a dark red silk embroidered with apricots and butterflies.

I blinked a few times.

Was this for me to wear?

Why was it so girly?

His eyes were gentle and soft as a woman's. "Zichuan picked this, the measurements are unmistakable. Next time I'll have him get me one too. This material is really beautiful."

I seized the package, trembling as I spread it open to thoroughly appraise it. It was the type of clothing worn by gentle and graceful females.

"You really want something like this too?" I was highly doubtful. He didn't reply, but took my hand and spoke.

"Shao'er, I didn't think enough of you these few years. I neglected many things." He tilted his head slightly, giving me another smile. My heart violently shrank back. Panicked, I quickly averted my eyes, feeling my ears burning. All I could hear was that furious thumpthump pounding uncontrollably.