p. quill

upon meeting the guardians for the first time, quill wouldn't stop bragging about how he can take out large army's of men

upon meeting the guardians for the first time, quill wouldn't stop bragging about how he can take out large army's of men. saying that he was the strongest guardian.

quill had decided that it would be best if he came with you to supervise on your first mission.
or as he put it, protect you.
you were stood side by side as a group of soldiers, larger than anticipated, approached the two of you.
"you know what y/n I don't think this is a good idea, I mean you have just joined the team maybe we should find some other crooks to take out?" quill asked, his voice breaking out of fear as the enemies got closer.
you wanted to prove yourself, so that is exactly what you were going to do.
"no! I can take them"
you ran forward, your long staff in hand as you charged.
"goddamnit y/n!"

you dodged the various lasers coming your way and leapt forward, striking your staff onto the head of a soldier. knocking him out.
you swung it around taking out multiple others.
kicking one certain crook on to the back wall of the building.
before you knew it all of the enemies were out cold.

you spun around, blowing a strand of hair out of your eyes and winked at quill.
"that-that was insane" quill exclaimed, absolutely dumbfounded.
"I know" you bragged patting his shoulder as you walked past off to the ship.