bakugou x reader

requested by chillretr0

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

You walked down the hallways of UA, your (h/l), (h/c) hair swishing up and down and the clacking of your footsteps being the only noise echoing as you walked towards your new class.

You surprisingly got into the Hero Course, and got put into the infamous Class 1-A. You had took an interest in a specific blond explosive boy, Bakugou, who was quite an angry child in a teenager’s body, though you paid no mind to his flaws.

You really wanted to talk to him and make new friends in your new class, but you were always the shy type and only talked to people if they came to you. You didn’t have very high hopes when you thought of being friends with him, but you wanted to at least try.

As soon as you saw the big door with the symbols “1-A” plastered onto it, your eyes lit up and you picked up the pace to get to it, eager to see all of the students you’ve seen on TV during the Sports Festival.

You arrived at the door and grabbed ahold of the handle, swinging it open to see all of the students that were on TV a couple months ago and a very tall and slender man, standing in front of the class as he looked over the door to see who it was. He sighed as you walked in the classroom, your hands getting cold from anxiety as you stood in front of the classroom next to the man.

“Everyone, this is (Y/N) (L/N,) she will be your new classmate starting today.” The tall, tired looking man stated. You assumed he was your teacher for the morning, and you were quite intimidated by his tired stare.

The class greeted you at once, waving and asking questions. A green-haired boy, who you knew as Midoriya, raised his hand.

“A-Aizawa, w-what is (L/N)’s quirk? I-I’d love to know!” Midoriya nervously asked, fumbling to get a notebook and pencil out.

The teacher, now known as Aizawa, sighed. “(L/N)’s quirk is Aura. She draws their aura from their body and can make the opponent feel any emotion she desires for a short while. With their aura, they can create barriers, radiate their emotions, increase their strength and make waves with their aura.”

Midoriya happily nodded and wrote it down into his notebook. Aizawa looked for an empty desk you would sit in, and pointed to one next to Bakugou.

“You can sit over there for now, (L/N).” Aizawa deadpanned, his voice emotionless as ever.

You nodded quickly, hastily walking over to the seat and sitting down in it. You looked to your right to see the beautiful blond, his crimson eyes seeming to burn holes into the wall with his glare. He caught your gaze and you immediately looked away immediately, making his brush it off and look back at the wall.

“Today we’ll be practicing our quirks in long-range attacks against an opponent I’ll assign you with. You have to knock them out of the ring to win. Here’s the list of people that’ll be going against each other.” Aizawa announced to the class, taking out a piece of paper from the top of his podium and taping it on the front of it.

“Once you’re done reading it, put your hero costume on and go outside, we can’t have any time to waste.” Aizawa walked away from the podium and out of the classroom as everyone gathered around to see who they’d be paired up with. A wall opened up to reveal a ton of boxes with numbers on them.

You got up hesitantly and walked over to the list, only to see you paired up with Bakugou.

“What?! Already?” You muttered to yourself, panicking and looking around to see what the others were doing. They were getting the same boxes from the wall, and you had no idea what to do.

“Here!” A girl with short, chestnut hair chirped, handing you a blue, red and white uniform for you to wear. You looked over at her to see it was Uraraka, the gravity girl from the Sports Festival.

“T-Thank you, Uraraka.” You softly spoke, loud enough for her to hear. Uraraka flinched a bit from the sudden call of her name from you, surprised you knew her name, but nodded and walked out the door. You reluctantly followed, assuming she knew where the dressing room was.

═ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═

Everyone else was outside before you even knew it, you ran as fast as you could to go outside. You took some time to put the uniform Uraraka let you borrow, which fit perfectly and you really loved, but lost track of time to see that everyone had walked out the dressing room.

You almost tripped over and bumped into a tall redhead instead, who you knew as Kirishima. He looked down at you and smiled.

“You okay there, (L/N)?” Kirishima asked, helping you stand up straight. You nodded and mouthed a “thank you” to him.

Aizawa started the lesson and let some other people go before you. You saw so many quirks at once. Tape arms, someone with a tail, earphone jacks, it was mesmerizing to you. Your nerves calmed until it was you and Bakugou’s turn to go against each other.

You two were on the spot, opposite sides of each other ready to battle it out. Your legs trembled as you stared at the blond, his hands crackling with small fireworks giving a devilish smirk. You were in the middle of calming down before..

“Go.”

“COME AT ME, YOU FUCKING BASTARD!” Bakugou ran as fast as he could towards you, aiming his hand at you and making a small circle, charging his hands up to fire. You screamed in fear and clapped your hands together to send a wave of the only emotion you were feeling at the moment.

Fear.

Bakugou stopped in his tracks, frozen as he stared at you with pure fear in his eyes. You took this as a chance to take him out of the ring. You took a few steps towards him as he walked backwards, not daring to say a word. Bakugou took a step out of the ring and Aizawa stopped the battle, declaring you as the winner.

Bakugou knocked out of the feared daze he was in and realized he was out of the ring.

He looked to your direction and shot a glare. You could feel his eyes staring daggers right onto your face. You turned to look his direction, eyes widening as he walked up to you as if he was going to hit you.

He held his hand out, offering a handshake as his facial expression softened. You looked at Bakugou and his hand back and forth a couple of times before taking his hand and giving it a firm shake.

“I’ll beat you another time, you damn nerd.” Bakugou huffed out, pulling his hand away  and walking away, his hands in his pockets and ignoring his friends who were mocking him. You smiled and blushed, feeling lucky enough to at least get a handshake from the explosive blond.

Though, you weren’t sure about his statement of beating you, but you took it as an angry way of saying “Good job, you damn nerd.”

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

holy f

so this took forever, sorry i havent posted anything in this book at all. i promise i’ll get back into the swing of things after this and open up requests again ! uvu