Stranger Danger

" So how long have you been here ? Were you a criminal who was exiled to the Abyss too ? Though I don't think I would consider myself a criminal, really, since I don't think I've done anything wrong. Though ... it really was unexpected, wasn't it ? By Gil ... I never would have thought that he would be a person who betrayed others ... " the golden-haired boy started as he cupped the cracked mug in his hands, watching a scuttling black ball form ripples across the surface.  

" I see ... it must have been hard on you. You may call me Yuon, you must be surprised at this form, aren't you ? Don't worry, this is like a power-saving option for me and Ai seems much more comfortable with this form instead of the other. " 

" You're spouting lies again, Yuon. Out of all the Chains I've met, there's no doubt that you're the scariest one, and that's not your real name, your real name is -- " I jabbed the man in his cheek in annoyance as I shivered at the very image of my very first meeting with him. His form as a chain was cloaked in darkness, as though ever fiber in his body sucked out the warmth in you the moment his eyes met yours. Eyes as clear as a frozen lake on the winter and that scornful smirk, he definitely was someone you should try your very best to keep away from, or at least, remain on his good side. 

Though I had to admit, his power was rather sweet. Watching him build up his form was the same as watching a child playing with robots, every day, every time, the form of his Chain would be different as though adapting and changing to the opponent it had to confront, the form which would best allow it to attack the opponent's weaknesses. I used to watch him a lot, and I still did, one day it would be a figure clad in nothing more than a sleek metallic suit which allowed him a tremendous boost in speed, on another day it would be a bulky huge figure resembling a pile of huge rocks, a form that raised his strength rather remarkably. 

" Stop joking Undertaker, you're way more frightening than you try to make yourself sound to be ! Don't be fooled by that nice face of his, he's really scary when he's mad ! " a girl with bright violet eyes bounded across the area in seconds as she floated an inch above the supposed ground, her hands around the emerald-eyed boy's neck teasingly. 

" Could you possibly be a chain as well ? You were the one who appeared in the room at that time, weren't you ? I'm sorry it ended this way, since you seemed to be trying hard to keep me from falling at that time,  " the boy apologized, giving the girl a sorry smile as he tried to slowly untangle her fingers from around his neck.  

" Coorreeeect ~ Though I think that was my first meeting with you when you were facing those jerks. Though you're so mean Yuon, just now if you had let Ai been attacked by the baby doll, she might have formed a contract with me and I would have gotten out of here. I can't really do anything to her as long as it's within your jurisdiction, can I ? " the girl landed lightly on the ground, her long dark chocolate hair swishing from side to side as she sulked and feigned a pout. 

" You're too kind, B-Rabbit, " Yuon smiled as he returned to sipping at the murky brown liquid which he claimed was tea though I'm sure it tasted nothing like it. But who was I to say whether it really was tea or not ? I had been down here too long to remember the taste of foods in the world up above. 

" Though you're having a chit-chat with the Abyss' Gravekeepers ? You're a weird one, aren't you ! " the girl laughed as she reached a hand out and grabbed at my wrist, light enough so Yuon wouldn't glare daggers at her and attempt to interfere but tight enough to make sure I couldn't wriggle free of her grasp.  

" Gravekeepers ? You mean the type who dig graves and put people in them ? " 

" No no, these two are kind of like the ... law enforcers, I guess. This tall guy here is the one takes the illegal contractors and those who lost their minds into the deepest level of the Abyss while Ai battles them to weaken them before Yuon can do his job, I've never been there before but I do know that's a place one will never be able to get themselves out of, " the girl explained as she examined my palm and then realized Yuon's piercing glare before hurriedly releasing her hold on my wrist.