Demios

' I'm sorry to make you wait. ' Oz stated calmly, the scythe slung casually over his shoulder. Gilbert knew Break was just stifling his shock, vice versa. Oz's eyes were blazing a bright red but he looked like the normal Oz otherwise. 

' I'm not Oz now, I'm Jack Vessalius and please don't look that shocked, ' Jack said as he swished the scythe down, destroying another few Chains along with it. That woke Break and Gilbert up. They had been so lost in thought they forgot about their current situation. Eliot and Reo finally awoken and Reo ran towards Eliot to help him up. The other members of Isla's cult had ran away in fright, everybody except Isla and the child contractors who stood there, feeling definite of their victory.

' Jack Vessalius ! How nice to meet you ! Finally ! ' Isla exclaimed as his eyes shone with tears. He was moved beyond words, he had finally seen the mighty Jack Vessalius with his own eyes, heard his voice with his own ears and talked to him in the flesh. 

' Why did you do this ? How could you plan on ... ' Jack growled as he stormed forward. Isla had started all this, Isla had almost gotten Alice killed, he had to destroy this damned guy right on the spot or he'd never forgive himself for letting the chance pass. 

The clock chimed loudly, signalling 12 midnight, and Isla suddenly grinned. 

' Everything is ready for the whole resurrection. We shall replay the tragedy ... and cause more trauma for the Will of the Abyss ! ' Isla wide grin seemed to split his face in half. His eyes almost disappeared into slits as a dagger mysteriously appeared in his hand. 

' I knew it was a good idea to have 2 sacrificial victims, lest the situation went awry, ' Isla smirked as he suddenly appeared where Abyss was. Abyss ... ! They had totally forgotten about her. They had been lost admist the battle to even realize she had been there. Oz cursed under his breath as he ran towards Isla. 

' We'll see who moves faster, ' both said at the same time. A flash of blinding light as the bright moonlight shone on the glinting dagger and silver scythe as both weapons fell at the same time ... and blood danced before everyone's eyes.

- - - -

Isla chuckled as he looked at the scythe, deeply embedded in his chest. He chuckled weakly, he had done it, he had gotten himself killed by the mighty Jack Vessalius he admired so much. That was a great way to die ... Isla thought as he felt his life seeping out of him, at least he had done something in return to. Not all the blood that was spilt belonged to him ... 

' Abyss ! ' Oz had returned to his normal self as he ran over to Abyss' side. Break and Gilbert continued trying to attract the Chains' attention off Oz and onto them, they could take a risk for now and let Oz have some time alone to check on Abyss. 

' I'm fine ... ' Abyss sat on the floor, she had taken the dagger out from her chest before any of them would notice. It hurt tremendously since it had been plunged in quite deep and Abyss had pulled it out with a lot of force. She tightened part of the fabric of her dress over the wound. It was rather deep but the smooth satin could act as a temporary bandage for now, satin soaked blood rather slowly so it wouldn't show. They couldn't worry about her now. They couldn't know about her injury nowThey would worry about her and they wouldn't fight as well as now, she couldn't be a burden at this critical moment. Abyss glanced at Eliot who was doubled over in pain, then at Reo who had his heads in his hands, in a slouched position against a stone altar. 

Abyss pushed Oz to join the fight and Oz had smiled encouragingly at her, promising her they would escape, definitely. Then when Abyss was sure Oz was gone and busy, she made her way beside Reo, whose body was shaking slightly. 

' He started to remember didn't he ? ' Abyss mumbled softly. She didn't need an answer. Truth was, she knew who had been the Headhunter all this time.