Chapter 15

"Oh you are going to regret you ever stepped foot in here." James said calmly. He looked her straight in the eyes, but she blinked and looked away.

"Are you a spy for the Dark Lord? Or for the Slytherins? What information do you want from us?" Sirius yelled in her face, causing her to step back. But instead of cowering, she simply rolled her eyes and sneered at him.

"Oh, you would like that, wouldn't you? Another Slytherin for you to hate? Well I'm not just any Slytherin, and I certainly don't work for the Dark Lord." she rolled up the sleeve of her left arm, showing them nothing but her pale skin. "You all should start trusting me. I'm not just some stupid evil Slytherin and I am not someone you should hate! Yes, I know this situation looks bad, but-"

"Bad?" James laughed bitterly, "You think this is bad? I did start trusting you, and you threw that all away! I take back my offer. Anything you thought there was between us is gone." he spat at the girl he thought he liked.

The three boys stood behind the two, watching them intently as they yelled. They awaited a reply from the girl with tears in her eyes, looking for the information that would fill the gaps in their knowledge.

"Well fine!" Robin answered, pain in her broken voice. "I didn't want to anyway. You're just a arrogant airhead, and I never wanted to talk to you in the first place!"

"Well you're just a self-centered, untrustworthy sociopath, who liked to collect important pieces of other peoples lives for fun!"

He could see the pain in her eyes when he talked to her, but she held back fairly well. Her expression was cold, her eyes glassy and red from crying, but his last words caught her off guard.

"I-I didn't realise that it w-would be so important. " She stuttered. "I wouldn't have come if I had known."

"And that's supposed to be an excuse?"

"No, but I didn't know what I was going to walk into, I thought you would just be joking around, talking."

"None of what you say will matter anymore. Don't you get it? I can't trust you." He said, tears clouding his own vision "We could've had a relationship-"

"And how am I supposed to know you weren't lying?" She said, voicing her previous concerns. "How am I supposed to know that while I was walking up here, going to say yes, you were laughing with your friends about what a gullible idiot I am? You are the biggest prankster in the school. Up until a week ago, you were obsessed with a completely different girl. Am I just supposed to believe those feelings went away?" She took a long pause, before regaining her composure. "If your really want to know, that's why I came up here."

James was speachless. He was frozen in place, rethinking the words that would be etched in his brain for the rest of his life. Apparently, he wasn't the only one who was at a loss for words, because his friends stood behind him, as frozen as he was. Though, he was sure that they were frozen in shock, rather than the anger that pulsed through his veins.

"Don't try and talk to me." She said coldly, grabbing her invisibility cloak off the floor and slamming the door shut behind her as she left.

"I know this isn't the best time," Sirius spoke softly, "but it's almost night."

James nodded. "We need to leave."