Chapter 24

Robin internally screamed. There she was, in the form of a feline, staring at several different animals attack a full sized werewolf. A dog, a rat, and of course, James the stag. She assumed the rat was Peter and the dog could be either Sirius or Remus. But where was the other boy? She had no time to think before the dog was quickly shaken off the wolf's thick hide and thrown far off into the forest. He slammed into a tall tree and started whimpering, trying to get back up as quickly as possible. The deer was prancing through the forest, desperately trying to distract the creature. But it was too late, it had already seen the lynx.

Robin locked eyes with the creature in newfound determination, preparing to pounce at it. With her perfect vision she could see the golden flecks in the were wolf's brown eyes. They seemed oddly familiar, like she had seen them a thousand times before.

She had.

She stopped in her tracks, fearful, hoping she wouldn't have to hurt one of the boys that had become her friends. Her agression was gone, easily replaced by sorrow. The wolf was briefly confused at her change of heart, and she took the chance to attack. She clawed at the creature's rough hide, causing him to howl in pain. Since she was weak due to her unease in her new form, she was easily shaken off his back. But she had bought herself a few seconds. She looked west at the moon, which was setting rapidly, making space for the sun. She just needed to distract it for... Maybe a minute or two?

She stared intently at the werewolf, before leaping towards the trees. The creature followed her train with ease, which was her plan. The further they got from the boys, the more time they had to heal. Found her way to a small clearing. To her north, the forest got darker and more dangerous looking. To her west, she would continue on a safe path, but she would get closer to the boys. To the east, she would exit the woods, which would make it impossible for her to outrun the werewolf. She had nowhere to go. She turned around to face her attacker. She wouldn't go down without a fight.

Before she could harm her friend, a deer came out of the trees and galloped
gracefully towards the werewolf. He avoided the attacks and manoeuvred his way around the beast, but Robin could tell he was getting tired at an alarming rate. Neither of them really stood a chance. She was about to go in and help James, but she didn't get the chance. The moon had completely disappeared and the sun was turning the sky pink. The wolf stopped abruptly and began to shrink. It seemed unreal.

Before Robin could even blink, a very human figure was asleep on the grass before her.

Remus.

*

Robin woke up in the Gryffindor boys dorm room, on a very comfortable bed, with no recollection of falling asleep. She sat up slowly, her head pounding. She was greeted by a friendly face.

"How are you feeling?" James asked, giving her a weak smile.

"Like I'm going to vomit on this bed." she stated, lying back down so the black spots she was seeing would disappear. "And a little confused."

"I thought as much." James sighed, running his hand through his messy, jet black hair.

"So... Remus is-"

"Yes." James cut off. "I hope you don't hate him now." he said, his voice full of misplaced anger and a little bit of fear.

"I could never hate him!" Robin told him, "But I must admit that I am a little bit fearful. Not of Remus. I've never had a problem with people that were cursed. I think they deserve a normal life and should be recognised for their bravery. But..."

"There's always a but." James muttered.

"But the wolf part of werewolves have always been a phobia of mine. I just wish you had warned me, that's all."

"Well, I'm sorry." He smiled sheepishly, "But you can understand why I wouldn't.".

"Yes."

Silence filled the room. The tension was so thick you could cut through it with a knife.

"I'm sorry." James blurted abruptly.

"For what ?"

"For dragging you into this. I never should have offered you help with becoming an animagus."

"Well you're the one who saved me in the end, so really it all evens out." Robin shrugged.

"What are friends for?" He replied, grinning. Robin was not so happy with the label 'friends'. Then again, that's really what they were. She sighed and unknowingly drifted off to sleep.

He plagued her dreams.

Could she never have a moment alone?

A/N
Sorry for the slow updates, school has just started so I won't have as much time as before. I hope you all can understand.

Thanks for all the support, loves <3