Chapter 20

Robin's life had become so dramatic since the Marauders walked into it. Sure, she was smiling and laughing more, but she'd been through so much pain and suffering that she felt like a different person. She was more open and happier, but it did come at a price.

"Stop it."

"No."

"Sirius will you please stop touching my hair?"

"It is very soft," James grinned as Sirius continued to run his hands through her wavy hair, "and very funny to see you so angry."

"I agree." Remus laughed at the three in front of him.

Recently, thanks to James, she had been adopted by the Marauders. So, now, instead of working in absolutely any class at all, even Transfigurations, she had fallen victim to the constant teasing and sarcasm that was Sirius Black.

"I must disagree." She huffed and scribbled down what was written on the board.

"Don't get your knickers all in a bundle, love," James smiled at her exhaustion, "You don't want us leaving, do you?"

The brunette laughed at the idea and shook her head, "No, I wouldn't."

James grinned in satisfaction at the comment and sighed, balancing on the rear legs of his chair and frowning suddenly.

"Why do they make classes so boring?" James stared at the ceiling, before losing control and falling on his back.

The class burst into laughter suddenly, as an angry looking James sat up and snarled at the class, giving an intimidating look to shut up the students. All but his friends, who were less scared of him than they were of a puppy. Which, surprisingly enough, at this point he resembled slightly, with the adorable pout and angry look.

"It's not funny." James looked sadly at Robin

"Agree to disagree."

*

Robin was starting to dislike her new behaviour.

She felt vulnerable, uneasy, to be enjoying her time spent with the Marauders. She did everything with them at this point, and they barely knew her and she barely knew them.

Despite the Marauders seeming open and confident, she had heard the small whisperings and uneasy looks they gave each other. She knew they were hiding things, and she couldn't help but be worried. Her bet was the last thing on her mind at this point, because her mind was occupied with far more important matters. Remus Lupin.

He was a mystery, from his scars to his friendship with the Marauders, he seemed out of place. He was brave, funny and gave a much needed sense of maturity and intelligence to the group, sure, but he tended to get a bit more serious and angry then the others. Around once a month for a few days he would get cranky and irritable. Almost like he was on his period. Robin laughed to herself at the thought, causing the chatter of the boys in the library come to a halt.

"Why are you laughing?" Sirius looked at her, confused.

"Nothing." she smiled.

"No, come on, love. If you have a secret then we simply must know." he stared curiously, "Do you have a crush?"

"Far from it. I was just considering something." she lied.

"Oh, and what would that be?" Remus leaned back on his chair.

"Yeah, tell us." Peter bounced up and down.

"Well..." she thought. She had laughed and they were suddenly interested in her life. How strange. But right now she needed to think of something, so she said the first thing that came to mind. "I'm considering becoming an illegal animagus."

The boys stared at her, flabbergasted. Had she guessed? Did she know? James was the first to exit this trance.

"Well what a good idea, love!" he told her, "We could show you the ropes!"

"Show me the ropes?" she asked him, puzzled. Did he know how to become an animagus?

"Oh yes!" next to him, Sirius was not so subtly trying to tell him to cut it out, but unfortunately, James had already finished telling her, "We will meet you at the Astronomy Tower tomorrow at midnight."

He led the boys out of the library, seeing as Mrs. Prince was eyeing them, irritated.

Robin sighed. She now had a promise to keep and an animal form to take, all thanks to one laugh and one lie.

What a peculiar set of boys.