three • mall day with kylie

Maddie's POV

Kylie was taking me to the mall today and I was excited. I had two outfits, one of which I was wearing now. It was a pair of skinny jeans I had brought with me as well as a shirt Chris had given me. It was really long and was like a dress, seeing as I was only 5'3.

"Junebug!" Chris called. "Come downstairs, Kylie will be here soon!"

"Okay!"

Chris mainly called me Junebug now. I told him the origin of the nickname and he thought it was cool and knew that it was special to me.

I ran downstairs and sat down next to Chris. "Do you have a phone?" He asked.

"A shitty Samsung. It doesn't have minutes, though. Oh, sorry for swearing."

"It's fine, I don't care, and I'll get you an iPhone if you want. Androids suck ass," he offered.

"You don't have too, it's whatever."

"I will next time we go out to town, which will probably be tomorrow. We need groceries."

I heard a knock on the door and Kylie walked in before Chris could even get up off the couch. I laughed slightly.

"Okay, Christopher, I'm taking your kid for the day," she announced.

It was weird to be considered as his kid. I liked it, yeah, but it was strange. My parents never even considered me as their daughter, just their problem.

"My name is Chris," he mumbled. "Not Christopher."

I laughed and reluctantly gave him a hug. "It's okay ... Christopher."

"Hey!" He exclaimed.

Kylie and I broke out laughing and and rushed out the door. She let me choose what songs we listened to the whole way to the mall.

We arrived in about ten minutes and headed towards the mall. Once we were inside, Kylie grabbed my hand and pulled me into store after store.

We went to Hot Topic, Spencer's, Journeys, Rue 21, and Vans. She got me band tees and jeans, a few dresses, bracelets, makeup, handbags, backpacks, skirts, and shoes. I told her she didn't need to get me that much but she insisted.

We went to the food court and ordered a pizza to share. We talked and laughed about random things.

"Are you excited that Chris is adopting you?" She asked.

"Yeah, I can't wait. I wanna meet the rest of the guys soon," I replied. "Well, I already met them, but I wanna get to know them better."

"How do you feel about the band? You're probably gonna be going on tour with them."

"I'm excited."

"I bet." She smiled and looked as if an idea popped into her head. "Up for a few more things?"

"Sure," I said.

"Okay, one, let's get our hair done. Lemme text Chris and see if you can get it colored. Also, I wanna get you ears pierced, if your up for it. I'll ask him about that, too."

I smiled and agreed. She told me we could also get our nails done. Five minuets later, Chris texted back saying it was cool.

We went to get our hair done first. They bleached mine and then dyed it red. Kylie just got her silver hair touched up.

Next, we got our nails done. We got acrylics, which I chose black, of course. We also got our makeup done. I got a red smokey eye.

We saved my piercing until last. She led me into Claire's, which was very bright and pink. The lady there was very nice, quickly getting my earrings done.

"Let's head back into Hot Topic and get earrings," Kylie suggested.

"Okay, and thanks for getting all of this stuff for me."

"Of course. Chris pitched in a little too."

We headed back to Hot Topic and picked out a few pairs of earrings. My legs were so tired from walking.

"Let's head home, I'm exhausted," Kylie told me, laughing.

"Good idea," I replied.

This is the most cliche chapter every. Sorry to bore you. Also, My Sweetness by Palaye Royale just came on and oof, so many memories.
     - salem♡

Edited and revised
682 words