ten • sparky

Ricky's POV

I found cat. A fucking cat. I don't even know what I'm supposed to do with it!

Oh, yeah! Vinny said that Chris was looking for a cat to give to Maddie. She could have this one. I decided to call Chris.

Once he said I could bring the cat over, I scooped up the little black and orange fluffball. Her amber eyes stared at me. I stared back as I walked to my car.

The cat sat in the passenger seat as I started the quick drive to Chris's. She looked like she was still somewhat of a kitten, yet a little bit larger.

I hope Junebug likes her. Vinny will not stop complaining about her playing with his hair.

•     •     •     •     •

Chris's POV

I opened the door to see Ricky and his cat. I told Ricky to sit on the couch while I called Maddie downstairs. She ran down and jumped next to Ricky.

"Oh my God! A kitty!" She shrieked.

"It's all yours," he replied. He set it onto her lap and she smiled, hugging it.

"Does it have a name?"

"Nope, it's up to you," he said.

I smiled at the two - well, three - sitting together. Maddie looked as if she was thinking on what to name the little fluffball she held. 

"Sparky," she decided. 

"That's a good name," I commented. "This means you can't play with Vinny's hair anymore."

"Oh, yes I can," she answered. 

I chuckled. "Okay, if you say so."

Well, I felt the need to bring a cute lil kitty into the story.
     - salem ♡

Edited and revised
268 words