junebug • insider's look

WHY I WROTE THIS:

I wrote Junebug because a character with Maddie's story is something I felt I needed to write about. The abuse, depression, trauma, ptsd, anxiety, and panic attacks is something I know all to well.

My oldest brother, who's 25, physically abused me before. It's not ongoing, but when he gets mad, I know he's going to strike, usually. This alone has given me very bad disorders such as the ones Maddie has.

My dad died when I was younger. I watched him suffer from cancer. That was very traumatizing for me, and that's why I have ptsd.

Maddie is like another version of me, in a way. I felt like she needed to be expressed, so I did it in the way I knew best; writing, specifically fanfiction.

WHERE I GOT THIS IDEA FROM:

I read a few stories about adoption (from guys in MIW, of course.) My all time favorite book that I read was Chris Motionless's Lil Misfit by @WhorrorLore. I loved that book so much, and it really inspired me to write this.

I've also thought it'd be so awesome to live the dream of getting adopted by a band member, as corny as that sounds. I wrote this series and I was really happy with how they turned out, and I truthfully miss writing them! Maybe the future will hold a third book.

MY THANKS TO YOU GUYS:

The people who read my books really inspire me. That goes for all of my books I've written or am writing. Every time I saw one vote, or ten extra reads, it made me so happy. Your comments melted my heart! They were all so nice!

I never ever thought this book would be where it's at. It's all because of you guys! I'm always working on new things, always Motionless in White, so feel free to check out some of my other shit!

Okay, enough self promo. I'm literally so thankful for any fans I have and I love you guys! If you've taken the time to read this book, the sequel, and possibly my other stories, thank you from the bottom of my heart. It makes my day!

SOME UKNOWN/UNRECOGNIZED THINGS IN THIS BOOK:

• Maddie was afraid of Chris at first. Not because of his scary gothness, just because she didn't know who she could trust.

• When Maddie first met Ryan-Ashley, she was reminded of Lyla. The way Ryan carried herself made her think of her sister. They even looked a bit alike.

• Ricky was very reluctant to hang out with Maddie at first. He didn't know how long Chris would be able to handle a teenager, so he didn't want to get attached.

• Chris went through turmoil deciding whether or not to take Maddie in. He decided he needed a partner in crime, so he chose Maddie.

• Kylie messaged Chris the night Maddie was with her and Ghost. She prompted Chris to adopt her.

• Chris's mom was scared to meet Maddie in fears that she's be a bad grandma.

• Kuza never liked Subway, he just took Maddie to make her happy.

• Gaia was thrilled to hear she'd be dating someone with a child, as she'd always wanted one. She was super scared and thought Maddie hated her at first.

• Ryan and Maddie have a lot of an unknown past that will be talked about if there's a third book.

• Angelo thought that Chris and Maddie didn't have enough time together when Gaia came into the picture. He ended up accepting her, though.

• Oliver was scared of Maddie at first.

• Balz thought of Maddie as his sister, and that's why they were always so joking. He didn't think of her as a niece, like the rest of the band.

• Maddie is actually pansexual, and she thought Dana was cute when they first met.

SOUNDTRACK (GOES FOR JB AND CLS)

Runaway - Lil Peep

Puppets (The First Snow) - Motionless in White

Hope - We Came As Romans

Let Me Be Sad - I Prevail

11 Minutes Away - YungBlud, Halsey, and Travis Barker

Gone With The Sin - HIM

Skull - The Misfits

Break The Cycle - Motionless in White

Hate Filled Heart - Kuza

Cry Little Sister - Marilyn Manson

Hang On To Yourself - Palaye Royale

Something In The Way - Nirvana

Saviour - Black Veil Brides

Mama - My Chemical Romance

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:

Q: What does Maddie plan to do in the future?

A: I think Maddie will go to college for something like art or music. She never liked 9-5 office jobs. I think she'll also stay rooted in Scranton, just as Chris had. She'll probably marry, but she doesn't want kids. No matter what, Maddie will always be attached to her family.

Q: Were there any parts in the writing of this story that made you emotional?

A: Of course! I think mainly the parts where Maddie felt unaccepted, or whenever she and Chris fought. Another thing that made me sad was writing about her crash in Cry Little Sister.

Q: What was your favorite part of this series?

A: I have a lot, but I think it was mainly the bonding all of the characters had. I really loved Maddie's relationships with Ricky, Chris, and Kuza. I also enjoyed incorporating Palaye Royale into my story, since they were one of the bands that got me into alternative music.

Q: Was Oliver inspired by anyone? If so, who?

A: As corny as it sounds, Oliver is inspired by this boy that I know that I've been crushing on for awhile now. He's so nice and I figured I'd incorporate him.

MY OTHER WORKS AND WHAT THEY'RE ABOUT:

Cry Little Sister {Junebug Sequal}

Description:
You all know the story of Maddie Cerulli. Her abusive parents, her dead sister, how she was adopted and thrown into the life of being a band kid. All of this is changing for her, and she doesn't like it.

Raven's Song {Chris Motionless}

Chris and Raven had been friends since they were six. When they were nineteen, Chris fell in love. When they were twenty, Raven left.

She never came back for him.

Ocean Eyes and City Lights {Ricky Horror}

I was falling for his ocean eyes and pale skin. I loved the way he talked, the way he walked. The way his face would scrunch up when he was concentrating, and the way he would laugh. When he ate gum, he would chew with his mouth open, but it didn't bother me. I found it cute.

The only problem was that he wasn't falling for me. He didn't like me. He didn't even want to talk to me.

•    •    •    •    •

It would mean so much if you checked out my other books! If you loved Junebug, you'll definetly love Cry Little Sister, and probably the other two!

I'm always writing new books, and after school, I have a lot of free time! I usually finish a book within two-three months. I'm working on a sequal to Raven's Song, which will have some chapters up soon, and I'm very happy about how it's turning out!

It really means a lot when you guys read my stories, vote for them, and leave comments. You all are so kind with your comments, and I try to respond to all of them!

WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND ME:

Snapchat: salem-horror
Instagram: salemxhorror

DM me on here if needed!