eleven • birthday

Maddie's POV

I was currently out with Kuza, one of Chris's good friends. Chris said I couldn't come home for the next two hours. I think he's planning a birthday party, but I'm not sure.

"So, where do ya wanna eat, birthday girl?" Kuza asked.

"Ooh, let's go to Subway!"

He groaned. "All the time!"

Whenever Kuza had taken me out, which had been everyday in these past four days, I make him get Subway. I love eating there. Kuza ... not so much.

"Hey, it's my birthday!" I exclaim.

He sighs. "Okay, let's go to fucking Subway."

I laughed. Kuza had become one of my besties. It wasn't like the relationship I had with Ricky, or even Ghost. He was more ... playful, I guess. I felt the most comfortable swearing around him. He also scares the hell out of everyone.

"We're here!" I yelled happily.

"Holy Satan, Maddie, you're so loud!" He yelled jokingly.

We both laughed and got out of his car. We walked into Subway and what do you know, we received weird looks. An old couple, a group of "normal" teens, and a middle aged man. Damn, we looked so out of place.

I ordered my sandwich and Kuza got his, sighing. He really was getting tired of Subway. He also got cookies, chips, and drinks.

It was weird growing up with parents that never took me out to do stuff like this, versus the giant family I had now. I enjoyed it and I was so thankful for Chris finding me.

We got our sandwiches and sat down to eat. Kuza would ask me questions here and there, like "how's school" and "do you have a boyfriend."

"Okay, time to go home," Kuza announced.

I said okay and got up with him, throwing away my trash. We walked out to the car.

"By the way, you don't have to go to school tomorrow," he told me.

"Why?"

"Can't say."

I shrugged as we started the 15 minute drive to Chris's. Kuza showed me one of his new songs, which was great, and then we listened to IDKHBTFM the rest of the way there.

"If I could burn this town, I wouldn't hesitate, to smile while you suffocate and die."

We got home quickly and Kuza covered my eyes, leading me into the house. He opened the door and uncovered my eyes and everyone jumped out, yelling "surprise!"

It was so cliche that I burst out laughing. I fell into Kuza, soon making my way to the floor where I rolled around for a minute or two. Chris picked me up.

I saw the bands and their girlfriends and five people I didn't know, as well as a whole lot of gifts. I looked at the people I didn't know.

"I'm Chris's mom, this is his dad. You can call us Grandma and Grandpa, if you want," said a nice looking woman. "This is your Uncle Nick and Aunt Jen."

I said hi, giving them side hugs before turning to the 5th mystery person. "I'm Gaia, your dad's ... girlfriend."

She sounded so reluctant. I guess I did, too. "Oh, um ... wow. Hello, I'm Maddie, but I suppose you already knew that."

"Yea, you're very pretty," she commented. "I like your makeup."

"Thanks."

"Open my present first!" Vinny yelled.

"Okay, okay!"

I sat down, Sparky jumping onto my lap. I opened the box Vin gave me. Inside was about eight succulents. I loved these little plants. "Thanks, Vinny!"

I opened the rest of my gifts, but Ghost and Kylie said I had to open theirs last. Everyone got me great things.

Ryan and Allie: Candles and a new dress that looked like Wednesday Addams'

Ricky and Jaime: Bracelets and makeup

Balz and Ryan-Ashley: Earrings and band shirts

Grandma and Grandpa: Movie tickets to go see a new movie with them

Nick: Combat boots

Jen: More makeup

Kuza: Necklaces, chokers, and a $50 Subway gift card

Chris and Gaia: dresses, shoes, makeup, lotion, bath bombs, stuffed animals, and a new blanket

Chris said Angelo couldn't tattoo me until I was 15, but he said I could get my nose or lip pierced. I was cool with that.

Ghost and Kylie handed me a big box. I smiled and opened it. Inside sat a sleek, black violin. I screamed. "Oh my God, thank you!"

I engulfed everyone in a giant hug. Chris brought out a cake. "Gaia made it," he told me. He wrapped his arms around me. "My baby is 14. Love you, Junebug."

This is the best birthday I've ever had.

This is a long chapter lol wow. It's good though. Also, I know the time frame on this is way off. Oh whale. Her birthday is August 13th.
     - salem ♡

Edited and revised
798 words