twenty four • figuring some things out

Chris's POV

I was worried about Maddie. She had been hiding in her bunk almost everyday since we left for Canada. That was a week ago.

"She'll be okay," Ryan assured me. "She's strong."

"She's probably just homesick," Balz agreed.

I shook my head. "I know my daughter. She may be homesick, but not this homesick."

Ricky nodded. "Chris is right. Think about it. You guys have seen her depressed episodes. What does she do?"

"Stay in her room," Ghost answered. "Because something is wrong."

"Exactly!" I said. "I've tried asking her about it. She just says she's okay."

"I'll try talking to her," Ghost offered.

"Thanks."

Ghost nodded and got up, starting to walk towards the bunk hall. He stopped and grabbed a Twix from the fridge - Maddie's favorite food.

•     •     •     •     •

Maddie's POV

The curtain of my bunk was opened. I looked up to see Ghost and took out my ear buds, scooting over to make room for him.

He handed me a Twix bar and I smiled, opening it to take a nibble.

"We're worried about you," he told me.

"I know." I sighed. "I'm just figuring some things out."

"Like what?"

I sighed again. "Ghost, it's complicated."

"I'll listen," he offered.

"Well, Kelly got in a car crash. They don't think she's gonna make it. Oliver won't answer my messages and I'm getting a lot of hate on Instagram. I miss Sparky, seeing as she's like my service animal, and I've been so incredibly tired lately."

Ghost wiped the tears falling down my face. "I'm sorry, Junebug. Kelly's strong. Oliver's probably hanging out with her and Jordan and Julie. Don't let the haters get to you. I'm sure we can bring Sparky next tour. Why are you so tired, though?"

"I don't know. It just happens sometimes. I need to sleep a lot when it does."

"We miss you. Why don't you come out to the couch?" He suggested.

I was quiet for a minute before following Ghost into the living room. Dad and Gaia smiled widely.

"Hey, Junebug," dad says.

"Hi, dad," I reply.

He smiled widely at the name. Nobody was really used to me calling him dad, or calling Gaia mom, so it made us all smile.

Ghost whispered in my ear, "Do you wanna tell them? Or should I?"

"I will."

He gave me a thumbs up and I looked at the guys. "I guess I owe you an explanation."

I told them all what was going on and they completely understood. Mom asked if I wanted to go to the doctor's when we got home to see what was up with me being so tired. I agreed.

"You're not pregnant, are you?" Dad had asked.

I giggled. "Oh my god, no!"

"Good girl."

Everything would be okay, as long as I had my family by my side.

Oof sorry for kinda maybe almost killing Kelly. She's not that important though, right? And I just realized Canada is part of North America so it should've been part of the NA tour (I'm quite stupid,) but we're just gonna pretend like it's not.
     - salem ♡

Edited and revised
522 words