| | Constellations | |

The forest was one of those places which had no palpable reason to exist. It was a creaking shack created by nature to serve as a reminder that things could always be much, much worse. The unnatural, choking mist that swirled and sprawled on the forest floor was the first thing that spoke of a strange sort of wrongness. The sickly white substance seemed to possess liquid properties which only reminded of the maggot-like texture of the eyes of a dead man who had been forgotten in his apartment for a few months, ready to burst at the slightest touch. The smoke made no sound however and only parted to swallow up my feet as I marched upon the giant dead, festering eyeball of the forest floor. The sound of mushy and dead leaves whispered from under the skin of the mist.

The sadness flowed through my veins and deadened my mind. It was a poison to my spirit, dulling me, killing off my other emotions until it was the only one that remained. It was as if a black mist had settled upon me and refused to shift, and no matter how bright the day was I would feel no sun and hear no bird song. For the world was lost to me and I knew of nothing that would bring it back into focus.

My eyes were burning and my chest felt heavy as if it were filled with lead. I could no longer see clearly. All I knew was that they were gone, out of my life for possibly forever. Alone in a field I stood up and reached out my hand so that I could clearly see it, there were no markings at all. They were gone. Forever. A drop of water fell onto my hand I looked to the sky and even though the sky had been grey and looked like it was about to break into a heavy downpour, not a drop came from the sky. Looking down at my hand again another drop appeared and I realized that the liquid was coming from my eyes.

Red, orange and yellow, in various different shades. All of them floating gracefully on the soft breeze. It was as if a friendly hand was gently lowering them to the ground. Whispers between these leaves filled the air, whispers and mutters. The air was cool and crisp, like a refreshing drink of cool water after hours in a desert. The breeze fluttered around, gently caressing everything it touched with fingers that had been a comfort to so many over their long, lonely years.

I don't know how long I was there, sat there among the grass as the leaves fluttered past my gaze, but it felt like forever. Not that I minded. Sat there in that field as the sun settled beneath the darkness, small stars shimmering in the inked sky. As the temperature lowered, my heart rate followed it, returned to it's normal rhythmic beat. I could have walked home, but what would be the point. I couldn't think of a time I'd felt happier, laying back in the damp grass, gazing up the stars as they twinkled in the sky.

The moon under siege by stars seemed to lighten the night bringing forth stars that shone and hung in the blackness. The never ending blackness consumed everything. Except the stars which stood out like pebbles in front of a storm. Ever enduring these shone with the night cowered in a inky black sky (linked to squids). It seemed like guerrilla warfare as the darkness controlled the sky yet the stars controlled the gleaming spots of where they originated. The war continued across the constellations.

Suddenly, a lean body joined me, laying down on the grass as he reached across and gently intertwined our fingers. Turning my head softly, my eyes locked with Jason's. " There's a search party out looking for you." He whispered gently, eyes never leaving mine as he gently ran his thumb over the back of my hand. The sigh fluttered on the winds like a butterfly decorated with a perfidy amount of colours. A sigh. Desire and disgust. Streamed through the air. A sigh. Disappointment and gladness. Decorated the air leaving a path. A sigh. Of relief and worry. Leaping through the air like a dear. A sigh. Of happiness and sadness. Dancing through the air. A sigh. Of excitement and fear. Strolling through the air like a roller coaster. A sigh means it all.

Turning my head to face the heavens, I stayed quiet for a few seconds before nodding. " Good. They won't get far." A sigh fluttered from the other boy's chest, just another person I had disapointed. No-one understood that they just needed to stay away from me. " I heard what happened, your brother told me. I'm so sorry Patty, you don't deserve any of this. I've seen what they do to you, and it's not fair. You are a wonderful person, and ridicously beatiful. I can't stand back and watch them hurt you anymore Patty."

Unexpectedly, his hand drifted to my hip. It settled there and pulled me closer. I inhaled sharply. I was against his warm chest, chiseled to perfection. Must he be so perfect? I splayed my hand against it, intending to push him away, but instead I left it there. His breathing quickened as did mine. He began nuzzling my neck with delicate kisses. So faint, they were whispers. I urged myself to push away, but couldn't. My limp body began to tremble uncontrollably. His head was angled slightly to the side as his lips came closer and closer to mine. I was surprised to find my own lips parted. Our breaths mingled. My heart fluttered inside my chest. At first, it was a delicate butterfly of a kiss. Then his arms encircled me. He drew me to him so the space between us was gone.

" I like you," Jason whispered. He kissed me. Soft and slow and he tasted like November, like hot chocolate on stormy evenings and crisp autumn air.

☁ Hey! So I felt it was an appropiate time to included some PATSON! Tell me what you're thinking?! I didn't reach my aim last chapter :( but hopefully I will now. 10 votes and 7 comments? ☁