| | A Pill | |

Rolling my eyes softly, I pushed myself up from the desk and made my over to Dale. As I stepped outside, Dale reached for my hand but I quickly yanked away from his touch, leaning carelessy against a locker. " What's up?" I grumbled, running my thumb over my knuckles that were already starting to bruise. Dale just frowned. " What's happening to you?" He asked, gesturing towards me, looking me up and down. " Nothing, what's up with you?" I asked, glaring up at Dale. I hated when people did that. Look at you like you're a spoilt child who should have asked permission before they changed. I hated how everyone saw me as a child. Dale stepped forward so he was towering over my body, looking down at me questionably. " This. Why the sudden change? I mean, the clothes look good, don't get me wrong but this isn't you. And then this morning with Kieran, what was that? The whole school knows that you beat the shit out of him, then you were in that room with those two creeps! You're heading in the wrong direction Patty. You need to stop."

' You need to stop,' That. That pushed me over the edge. Growling, I pushed Dale back roughly so he stumbled backwards. " You," I spat, jabbing my finger at his chest. " You need to stop. I'm not a child! We're not back home anymore, I don't need you, I don't need anyone. I don't need your fucking pity. Stop trying to shape me into what youthink I should be, because it's not going to happen." Sighing in frustration, I tugged sharply on my hair. " It's never going to happen." I whispered. Before he could say anything, I quickly turned on my heels and began jogging towards my locker. When I got to the battered locker, I flung open the door and grabbed the skateboard that was nestled between my geography and religious education book. My head felt as though it was going to explode as I threw the board on the floor, quickly jumping on it. Ignoring the teachers that scolded me as I rode through the hallways, I pushed my arms out in front of me so that I could push open the doors and ride out without a hitch, but not before I flicked the switch to the fire alarm. The pounding in my head only seemed to grow louder as the shriek of the fire alarm echoed through the school, but I was already long gone.

The pounding soon calmed down until it was just a gentle ringing in my ears. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to school that day, I still think that now. Deciding it would be easier to take a short cut, I rode down a narrow alley way out into an unfamiliar home. Great husks of old buildings, grimy roofs with broken tiles, windows staring down, remnants of shattered glass in rotting wooden frames, mortar and stone crumbling, invasive vegetation in walls, black and empty doorways, garbage, used syringes, stink of urine, ghosts of the past. Burned out car with half melted tires, charred and black inside,metal frame exposed, back blown out where the petrol tank must have exploded. Derelict buildings like rows of broken teeth. Looking around I bit my lip softly, I ws quite surprised. This place was totally wrecked, but it was also completely cut off, hidden from sight. I guess that's how it goes. When something looses it's beauty, it shoved away out of sight and built around.

I jumped when I heard a cough, loosing my balance and falling off my skateboard onto my hands and knee's, next to what seemed like a body. A man was lying on the ground, breathless but he was still alive. I turned his body so that I could see his face clearly. I was suprised, recoiling in shock. He was a man of any girl's dreams. He had smooth flawless skin, which was like a sheet of well done cloth. His eyes, which was under his burgundy short hair, glinted under the sunlight. He had a high-bridged nose that was among his two eyes. His soft, sharp lips were very attractive and captivating. I wanted to touch it but I refrained from doing so. " Well hello there pretty boy," It spoke. His voice was low and raspy, almost strained as he smirked up at me. " Uh hi, I thought you were unconcious , or something." I mumbled, a small blush forming on my cheeks as I sat up, rubbing my palms down my trousers. The man just chuckled, sitting up and groaning softly as he ran his fingers through his hair. As he did so, I tried to pretend that I didn't notice how his shirt rose slightly. " I was, then you came along and woke me up. Cheers kihurtf it wasn't for you, I would have probably been here all day." A hearty laugh left his lips as he smiled, standing up and dusting his clothes down and extending a hand down to me. " Uh thanks, and it's fine. I wouldn't just leave you there." I shrugged softly, gladly taking his hand as he pulled me up. The smirk appeared on his face again as he nodded, fixing his black button up. " Thanks sweetheart. How about you come inside for a drink? My friends are probably still there." He spoke softly, obviously trying to 'charm' me into doing things I probably wouldn't want to do. It was then when my phone vibrated in my pocket, sliding it out of my pocket, I flicked on the screen to see I had multiple text messages.