Chapter 1

Being a winged child wasn't easy for Hinata. From the moment on his father decided to birth his wings, Hinata tried hard to hide them with magic and spells.
The ceremony had been tiring and painful for the young boy Hinata used to be. At the age of ten, his father told him about winged people and let go of the tiny paper he was holding on to. As soon as it left his grasp, the black gigantic wings became visible on his back.
Hinata was so exited to hear he had his own wings, hidden underneath his skin. But the joy left him as he saw his father pulling a scalpel.

It needed a lot of reassurance from his loving father to allow him to continue. The longer we wait the more painful it becomes with the increasing size.
Hinata sat on the edge of the bathtub, back faced towards the wall, and squeezed his eyes shut until his father made the first cut. Blood dribbled into the bathtub and Hinata whimpered-
At the end, two tiny wings were born out of his back and after cleaning everything off of Hinata's blood, including his wings, the orange haired male fell asleep in his arms.

Hinata liked his wings, in a way.
Utterly black, just like his father's. Difficulties had been there at first, with a new added weight to his back he had to adjust to and keeping track of the charm his father had handed to him to make his wings invisible but at the end, everything worked out for the future middle blocker.

***

Fukurodani vs Karasuno
20 : 19

"Toss to me!! Toss to me!"
Hinata yelled and dashed towards the net, jumping as high as possible. There was a reason everyone felt a larger gust of wind when he jumped at his best strengh, his wings did an additional flap to shoot him high into the air.
Kageyama didn't hesitate and tossed the ball towards his favorite team mate. Hinata saw the other half of the court with eyes sparkling of joy and pride. Once again, he was able to see the paradise lying behind.

Volleyball smashing onto the ground, Hinata emitted a cry of joy. A draw. They had a chance to beat Fukurodani, they finally caught up.
Bokuto stared with wide awed eyes at his orange haired friend and grinned widely.
"That was awesome!!"
"Bokuto, stop encouraging our enemies," Akaashi mildly scolded and Bokuto shot a pouting glare at him.
"Don't be such a funkiller Akaaaaaaashiii!" he whined and Akaashi didn't even bother to respond.

The ball flew towards Kageyama and with a simple sign four of his mates started running. Bokuto's eyes narrowed. To who would Kageyama toss?
Tsukishima?
Asahi?
Tanaka?
Hinata?
"TOSS TO ME! " Hinata yelled at the top of his condition and jumped high-
Screw that, it's Hinata! Bokuto thought and rushed towards the middle blocker.
Kageyama simply tipped the ball over the net. A feint. Not only Fukurodani but Karasuno froze, too.

But not the feint was the object of their attention, it was Hinata.
A simple paper had slipped from his pocket onto the ground and there he stood, in all his glory with those black gorgeous and gigantic wings spreading from his back. Nobody could grasp what was happening. It was a simple practice match, nobody watched and Karasuno was supposed to beat their opponents.
That's how it was supposed to be.

Bokuto was the first one who found his voice, even before Hinata.
"HEY HEY HEY!! YOU ARE A WINGED CHILD!!!" he screamed in such ecstasy everyone flinched. In the next second, Bokuto ripped a piece of paper out of his pocket and smashed it on the floor, then proceeded to tackle Hinata in a bone crushing hug-

-and soared a few meters above the ground with the chibi in his arms.

Karasuno and Fukurodani watched their two players above the court, Bokuto spinning Hinata around in the air with one of his most beaming smiles.
Hinata snapped out of it with a cry of joy.
"YOU TOO BOKUTO-SAN!"
"YES!!"
"OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO COOL!"
"YOURS TOO!!"
Hinata lunged to get a touch on those brown and black sprinkled wing of the Fukurodani ace which kept them in the air and gaped like an idiot.
"I-I never thought I'd meet one in school!!"
"Well we are rare but damn, here I am!!"

Sugawara slowly turned to look at his team. Daichi stared like they just committed a murder. Tanaka was downright jawdropping. Asahi was utterly amazed. Tsukishima narrowed his eyebrows and Sugawara admired him for his cool during any kind of situation. Yamaguchi fainted... Kageyama was just as shocked as Daichi... and Noya-
Suga paused for a second. Where was Nishinoya?!

A cry of joy above them turned his attention back to the pair- now a trio, with Nishinoya spiraling around them like an overexited bird. Which he kind of was, considering the black wings sprouting from his back with the tiny yellow freckles at the feathertips.
"DAMN you two are winged children!! How didn't I notice?!"
"NOYA YOU TOO?!"
"AWESOME!! ANOTHER ONE!!"

Game over.

None of the remaining members seemed mentally capable of continuing the match.

Sugawara watched his friends and the Fukurodani ace for a moment before deciding to pick up the paper Nishinoya had dropped next to him. He couldn't understand the word, it was in a language he didn't know, but his senses tingled with energy and exitement as soon as he touched it. Truly magical.
"I need your number Bokuto-san!!" Hinata squealed.
"Hey hey hey!! Only when I get yours and Noya's number!!"
"Definitely!!"

Sugawara chuckled. In a way, nothing had changed and yet everything was different. Fukurodani and his friends first seemed to snap out of their daze as Bokuto decided to settle gracefully down onto the court with Hinata and Nishinoya followed. In an instant, the trio was surrounded by the others and bombared with questions.
Tsukishima stood aside, not quite able to grasp the situation at hand.
"Winged children... I... I... I heard of them but I never thought... I couldn't... t-they exist. This discovery is... I can't believe it."

Kageyama bluntly grabbed Hinata's left wing and earned a pained squeak of the middle blocker who jumped into Asahi in reflex.
"O-oi be gentle Bakageyama!! They are sensitive!!"
"...naffs... n-nice..." the setter stammered and rested his hand again on his wing but much more gentle.

"...and yet the proof is there... R-right in front of me... I can't even..." Tsukishima stuttered quietly and finally took a deep shaking breath to calm down.
"...wow."

Fukurodani crowded around their captain with beaming smiles.
"Can I touch it?" Akaashi asked, almost afraid to hurt him as his hand hovered above Bokuto's ultimately soft looking wings. Nodding exited, Bokuto spread his wings wide open for all of them to praise and be amazed by them. Immediately, everyone started to pet, touch and ruffle Bokuto's wings which he didn't seem to feel opposed to.
Even Hinata didn't want to admit Kageyama's petting felt like heaven on earth and he had to hold back from voicing a pleased purr.

But as Tanaka reached out towards Nishinoya, the libero jumped back with a gasp.
"Don't you dare!! They're hella ticklish!!"
Tanaka froze with his hand in midair and a devilish smirk appeared on his lips.
"Ticklish?"
The following tickleattack was inevitable.
"Guys!! Guys. You gotta keep quiet about this yes? Nobody is allowed to know," Hinata announced and nearly everybody could feel Tsukishima's annoyed eyeroll. He was a man of science, could he help it? Keeping to himself about such a discovery was close to torture.
"If you answer questions and tell me everything you know and let me perform tests I'll keep quiet."
Hinata hesitated a moment but finally, his beaming smile returned.
"Deal!!"