Chapter 14

Asahi smiled at the sleeping form of his friend. Nishinoya, once again all curled up in his wings, slept peacefully inside his bed.
"Noya... Noya wake up..." Asahi whispered and rested his warm hand on Noya's fluttering wings which jerked immediately apart and an overall sleepy Nishinoya shot up.
"H-huh?! What?!"
"Good, you're awake. Let's go, the others are waiting. You slept in again!" Asahi chuckled and with a squeak of utter realization the libero stumbled to get out of his sheets and dressed himself.
"Haaah?! O-oh shit! I'm sorry Asahi!! I overslept!!"
"Don't mind don't mind! We haven't been waiting too long!"

Hinata had had the best idea they could have asked for. Creatures versus humans in a volleyball match, and to make it funnier they decided to meet up inside a jumphouse.
They couldn't invite many people, but at the end half of the Nekoma team, most of Karasuno and a two players from Fukurodani decided to come.
Much to everyone's surprise (and Suga checked him for fever afterwards), Tsukishima was the first one to sign up for this match.
"You cannot possibly expect me to deny a chance for further research on them," was his comment on his choice and Yamaguchi snickered behind him.

The entire park was booked out for the volleyball players and it was forbidden for the employees to enter the jump area to prevent any unfortunate discoveries from happening.
Hinata never felt so ready. Two middle blockers, two wing spikers, one libero and one setter.
Kenma looked honestly bewildered as he saw Aone for the first time and nearly hid behind Hinata who reassured him. Truth to be told, this cat didn't like the view of a feral dog in front of him.

Bokuto did the whole time somersaults as soon as they entered the jump area and yelled "Hey hey hey!!". Akaashi looked absolutely done with his shit but in fact, that expression kind of became his normal face whenever anybody saw him.
"How's your line up?! Who is gonna play?!"
Hinata circled above the players, throat vibrating with exited noises. Who of the human players did even come? Hinata's crow eyes scanned the entire area.
Fukurodani: Akaashi.
Nekoma: Yaku, Lev, Kuroo, Inuoka, Yamamoto.
Karasuno: Suga, Daichi, Tsukishima, Kageyama, Tanaka, Asahi.

The others were busy enough to study for the upcoming finals or had other plans. Especially Yamaguchi was sad he couldn't attend, but he was too fixated onto his upcoming test to let the precious time to study slip.

The two mixed teams took their positions, motivation bolting through their eyes. The front was taken over by Lev, Kageyama and Kuroo, the back by Yaku, Daichi and Asahi. The rest decided to split up between the teams to be fair.
The opposite side of the net was dominated by the special kind; Hinata, Kenma and Aone occupied the front while Bokuto, Nishinoya and Fukunaga stayed behind.
"Give us your highest toss, Kenma!!" Hinata squealed and Bokuto nodded grinning.
"Hey hey hey~!! We'll crush you guys!!"

Tsukishima couldn't have been more impressed, even when his expression didn't change at all. Watching Nishinoya dive with his Rolling Thunder and being able to see how he uses his wings, watching Bokuto and Hinata soar high into the air for a spike-
It was wonderful. If he could, Tsukishima would have taken notes on everything that happened. Impressive was also Aone, who jumped with a beasty snarl towards Kuroo and blocked his attack like the Iron Wall he was.
Instinct was the leading role in his life, instinct ordered him to protect his territory and for gods sake, this fucking volleyball wasn't going to touch the ground on his side.
Kenma and Fukunaga observed and struck right at the perfect time, the calculating look within their eyes offered them a great view over the game and both were able to predict the next moves.

Match after match was held, teams mixed over and over again and finally, as they were about to leave, even Hinata was too exhausted to walk, not even talking about flying. A panting Kageyama grabbed his winged child and hosted the orange haired middler blocker over his shoulder to carry him outside.
Charms were gathered and everyone, as their normal human selves, left the jump house. Hinata was tired but happy.
"W-we... w-we should do that again...!" he pressed out between his gasps for air and Sugawara, barely able to keep himself on his wobbly legs, nodded with a wide smile.
"T-that was fun."

Kageyama carried Hinata towards the bus and Asahi close by couldn't help but stare where the setters hand held the middle blocker. Kageyama made the impression he didn't even notice and Hinata didn't seem to care either.
"Kageyama...!" Asahi whisperyelled and motioned towards the setter's hand. Kageyama's eyebrows narrowed, blue eyes darted towards the chibi who hung like a potato sack over his shoulder and immediately flushed scarlet.
He was holding Hinata at his ass.
Oh god.
"Way to go your Highness~" Tsukishima teased and Kageyama whirled around, causing Hinata to squeak and flail his arms.
"BAKAGEYAMA S-STOP!! I-I'm gonna puke-!"
Kageyama turned pale and shrugged Hinata off with a yelp.
"Not on me dumbass!!"

Hinata was a bit green around his nose but managed to keep everything down. Defeated and pissed off, Kageyama retreated into the bus and Asahi settled next to him instead.
"Sorry Kageyama."
"N-nono it's fine, better you than Tsukishima or Sugawara..." Kageyama murmured and relaxed into his seat with a deep sigh, "Damned Saltyshima..."
Asahi flashed a glance at his libero who chatted eagerly with Tanaka and his expression dropped into sadness.
"Way to ruin a moment, huh...?"
"Yes. I can't believe I touched his... u-ugh... a-and didn't even notice it."
Flustered, the two Karasuno club members kept staring at their beloved crushes, yet Asahi's buzzing phone disturbed the longing silence.

Iwaizumi: What are you doing? Help me Crappykawa keeps annoying me!

Asahi: On our way home after a looong match. We switched teams through. You should have seen Bokuto with Kageyama's toss or Aone with Hinata. It was really great.

Iwaizumi: Why didn't you guys invite Seijou?!

Asahi: I guess... I guess we kind of forgot...? And tbh now that I think about it, would Oikawa-san even agree?

Iwaizumi: Good point. But count me in next time, got it?

Asahi smiled at his phone and Kageyama narrowed his eyebrows; he had caught a glympse of the former chat.
"Something is wrong about Iwaizumi-senpai lately. He acts... different," the setter muttered quietly. Asahi blinked twice and stared from Kageyama back onto the display of his phone.
"...really?"