Chapter 10

"Hey Noya... Why do you hate it so much when someone touches your wings?" Asahi asked quietly, not sure how to approach the topic. But hearing how far Kageyama took it with Hinata to sleep together in one bed and after a peptalk from Iwaizumi, he had a small boost of confidence.
Nishinoya looked up from his bento with a cheeky grin and scooted over to make room for Asahi; he had been alone for half of the lunchbreak and company from his tall friend was always welcome.
"Ah well, it's not like it's horrible or anything. It's just something which makes me weak. They are just incredibly ticklish and that kind of ruins my image as the tough libero."
"So... you don't hate it."
"I don't. I just don't trust them or rather, myself to not burst into laughter."

Asahi nodded slowly and picked up a rice ball with his chopsticks, carefully choosing his next words within his mind.
"What if I told you I found out about a spot which Hinata absolutely adores and isn't ticklish at all?"
Nishinoya stopped to eat and stared at his friend with a blank expression. Asahi gasped and his hand scooted towards the back of his neck in a sheepish manner.
"I-it was just s-something Kageyama told me, forget i-"
"Show me."
Asahi silenced and his eyes darted back to the usually overexited libero who reflected his glance with curiosity.
"Are you sure?" Asahi couldn't help but ask again, he didn't want to upset his friend.
"I am! Go for it! I trust you!" Noya exclaimed so blunt and innocent, god he was so precious the ace almost flustered again.

"S-sure, yeah, t-thank you," he stammered while his hand snuck around Nishinoya's back in attempt to locate the spot between his wings. It wasn't easy here in school, now that those gorgeous black and yellow wings were invisible; Nishinoya nearly squeaked various times because it tickled just so bad and finally, Asahi found it.
The exact bit of skin between the cozy and warm feathers.

Nishinoya's eyes shot wide open and he almost collapsed against the bench, tensed muscles relaxing against Asahi's big and warm hand.
The spiker internally screamed, he was petting Nishinoya and the libero was melting under his hand.
"Woooooow..." he purred and snuggled more against Asahi's hand, "T-tell Kageyama he's awesome..."
Asahi couldn't find his voice anymore, he just let out some quiet incoherent noises as some sort of agreement. Oh yes, Kageyama was awesome, he gave Asahi the chance to actually touch Nishinoya's wings without loosing a hand.

The chiming bell really couldn't have come in a more unfitting moment and Nishinoya jumped up, a little wobbly on his legs, but he still managed to stand safe.
"Ah! Now's geography! See you at practice, Asahi!"
"I-I will, I-I mean i-it's v-volle-volleyball p-practice, we w-will see each o-other-"
Azumane facepalmed, glad Nishinoya didn't witness the moment he lost his ability to form correct sentences. The ace raised himself from the bench and retreated to his own class, lost in his thoughts.

Nishinoya had purred and that only because of him. It was just so unfair, being this cute should have been illegal and Nishinoya deserved a life sentence in prison because of that.
Asahi sighed, hand clutching his uniform just above his heart, his heartbeat slowly relaxed again and the nauseous feelings had left him, too. All in all he felt lightheaded, but happy.
The whole situation caused him to fall more in love with the Karasuno libero. But who couldn't admire him? Nishinoya knew what he wanted and wasn't afraid to voice his thoughts, even when it usually brought more trouble than healthy. He was so confident and a real idol for Asahi because he knew exactly that hadn't been the case a few years ago.

Nishinoya used to be even more afraid than Asahi of absolutely everything, dogs, rain, frogs, thunder, even tall people who didn't even bother with him and downright ignored him. But now, Nishinoya was a strong boy at highschool, proudly facing his fears and helping those around him to overcome theirs, too.
There wasn't a single word within Asahi's vocabulary which could actually scratch the surface how much he fell for Nishinoya. This cheeky libero was his one and only, and it seemed like everybody but Noya himself realized that.

Iwaizumi: Turn around, scaredy cat.

Asahi narrowed his eyebrows and whipped around just to see Iwaizumi typing wildly on his phone inside a café, across of him Oikawa rambling on about something. Nevertheless, Iwaizumi didn't look like he actually paid attention.

Iwaizumi: Funny we meet here. How are you doing?

Asahi giggled and approached the café, only to settle down in a booth far away from them with his phone and a freshly ordered tea.

Asahi: Isn't it a bit mean to text me while Oikawa-san talks?

Iwaizumi: He talks about aliens. I have better things to do than listening to that for the fucking 1000th time.

Asahi threw a glance over to them and could have sworn he saw Iwaizumi aping Oikawa when he wasn't looking, it was hard for the Karasuno ace to stifle his laughter.

Asahi: Well, what would you like to talk about?

Iwaizumi: Not aliens.

Asahi: What about other mystical creatures?

Iwaizumi: Such as?

Asahi: Do you know creatures which are alike to winged children?

As his eyes wandered back to Iwaizumi, he saw a frown covering his face. Why did he frown? Was this topic uncomfortable?

Asahi: We can talk about something else!!

Iwaizumi didn't answer, Oikawa had finally found out his companion hadn't paid attention to a single word of his.
"Iwa-chaaaan!! So mean!!"
"Shut up Crappykawa!!"
Iwaizumi shushed his pouting captain down and looked hastily around, frowing again once his gaze met Asahi's and the Karasuno ace swallowed with fear and guilt. Oh god, he had ruined his entire friendship with Iwaizumi, he knew for sure Iwaizumi didn't want-

Iwaizumi: I think I do. Ever heard of inus? Or nekos? Inus own dog traits, nekos cat traits. It's quite funny to think someone would run around with dog ears and a tail.

Asahi: No, I didn't. I think that's really cool to have such things. Kind of lifts us above from normal humanity. But it would have disadvantages... just imagine you smell yucky stuff.

Iwaizumi: You're weird.

Asahi: ...s-sorry?

Iwaizumi: I'm used to weird, I like it. Heck, I have Shittykawa glued against me.

Asahi exhaled relieved and relaxed again in his booth while Iwaizumi's thoughts drifted off.
Why the sudden interest in winged children?
Why the sudden interest in other mystical creatures?
Iwaizumi never heard the Karasuno ace loose any word about such things; his suspicions darkened.

Was Asahi a winged child? No, then he wouldn't develope all of a sudden an interest in those kind of things.
No...

"Azumane met a winged child," Iwaizumi smirked under his breath. Judging by the Karasuno volleyball club's sudden change, they knew about this winged child, too. That was the secret which allowed them to play and communicate without words or signs. One of the Karasuno volleyball club was a winged child.
Oikawa looked up from his piece of lemon pie, curious.
"Did you say anything Iwa-chan?"
"No. I just thought out loud. Soon someone will have to spill a few secrets..." the ace muttered with a dark expression on his face and Oikawa inched with a squeak further into his seat.
"S-stop with that face Iwa-chan! It's scary!!"