Chapter 8

Kageyama: Azumane I need help!! What am I supposed to do?! Hinata is going to fucking sleep at my house!!

Asahi: First of all, don't ever show Suga this chat and never let him find out how much you curse over text. Second, how did that happen?! Did you invite him over?!

Kageyama: I did but only for two hours!! It's raining so much and Hinata would have needed to bike over the entire mountain to get home, I just thought it was better when he stays at my place until his mother picks him up! But now he got a text it won't happen cuz the road is fucking blocked and HELP ME I AM NOT READY TO HAVE HIM AT HOME SO LONG!!!!

Asahi: CALM DOWN! Breathe, okay?! Just calm down. I know it's a gigantic step but all you can do is trying to make it as less awkward as possible.

Behind the screen, Asahi was positively facepalming. Knowing Kageyama, it was going to be one hell of awkward.

Kageyama: I fucking petted his wings and he purred, and around him I keep stuttering like a goddamn dumbass, how much more awkward can it actually get?!

And there he had his proof. Asahi swallowed as his thoughts drifted over to Nishinoya and how he would react if he did that to him.

Asahi: Wait. Purred?! Hinata purrs?!

Kageyama: Yes! It's really weird but so cute and holy shit I'm such an idiot. Try to pet Nishinoya exactly between his wings and look how he'll react. Hinata purrs and looks like melting.

Asahi's face turned scarlet within seconds. Nishinoya melting under his hand. Oh god. Wrong thoughts. Wrong thoughts!! But he sure was curious about this, however, Asahi knew just as well Nishinoya was going to kill him if he did that.

Asahi: I doubt I can do that without loosing my hand, but for now just try to keep calm and look what fate offers. Who knows, perhaps you could even make a move on Hinata!

Kageyama: Wait there is something else! The entire way home I was completely dry while Hinata next to me was soaking. I questioned him about that short before home and found out he fucking shielded me with his wing from the rain!!

Asahi: Honestly this looks like he is downright throwing himself at you.

Kageyama: But Hinata is Hinata! He would do that for everyone else!!

Asahi: I'm honestly out of advice.

Kageyama shut his phone with a deep sigh. Hiding inside the kitchen under the pretense of making food really wasn't his best strategy. What was Hinata doing upstairs?
The setter sighed deeply and for the first time since hours, began to relax.

...until he heard a voice from upstairs.

"Kageyama!! Kageyama is that you on those pictures?! Oh my god you were so cute!!"
"Pictures...?" Kageyama repeated confused until his mind started to progress this information. Oh shit. The childhood pictures.
Kageyama sprinted out of the kitchen and upstairs, slammed his room door open and ripped the memory book out of Hinata's hands.
"DUMBASS!!"
"Ehh?! But you really were adorable back then!!" Hinata whined and tried to snatch the book back. Kageyama backed away and honestly wanted to sink into the ground right now. His crush had seen his baby pictures.

A tiny fight broke out, Kageyama avoided Hinata and the middler blocker jumped at him to catch the book. Kageyama backed up against the wall and Hinata jumped after him; in the last second he evaded to the left and Hinata crashed into the wall.
"Oi get back here!!"
With a flap of his wings Hinata finally managed to tackle Kageyama onto the bed and stretched himself to get a hold of the book the trapped setter held far above his head.
"Get off of me dumbass!!"
"First you give me the book!!"
Only now the black haired setter realized the position they were in and his cheeks flamed up scarlet. If he didn't know any better, Kageyama felt like Hinata's usual small body was going to consume him whole. His gigantic wings were draped over him, blocked any source of light out from above, and Kageyama never felt smaller than now, completely engulfed in those feathers while Hinata still fought above him to get a hold on the book. Kageyama couldn't move at all without the possibility of hurting him, Hinata had him completely trapped like that.

And he liked it.

Kageyama understood Asahi, fully, he felt so safe from any harm with those cozy black feathers on his sides and over him. Invincible, like nothing was able to hurt him.
Hinata was right as he once repeated those words Kageyama had told him at the beginning of their teamwork.
As long as you are with me, you are the strongest.

"Gotcha!!" Hinata squealed and jumped off of him with the book as his prize, bouncing around in his room, "Victory!! In your face, Kageya- o-oi, Kageyama...?"
Hinata calmed down as he saw his friend's cherry red face and his eyebrows narrowed in worry. Kageyama gasped and sat up this instant.
"N-nothing. D-don't touch my stuff, got it?! Get downstairs already, dinner is almost ready."

Hinata slowly made place for Kageyama as the flustered setter headed past him and followed him.
"You can cook?" he curiously asked and Kageyama's breath hitched.
"U-uh... I-I cook since long because my mother works so much and usually is too exhausted to do that. She likes it when I do it..." Kageyama muttered and Hinata grinned admiring behind him.
"Wow!! You really are awesome!!" he squealed, exited and eager as ever, "I can't await to try it!!"

Why does he have to be so cute?! The setter thought and settled down at the table, Hinata across of him.
"Wow!!" he exclaimed with a full mouth and immediately stuffed himself while Kageyama just stared at him, slowly starting to eat himself.
"Ishn't bwor wom 'oming?"
"Swallow dumbass, I have no idea what you are saying!!"
"I said!! Isn't your mom coming?!"
Kageyama slowly shook his head.
"She comes around midnight. I always leave her something to eat, so don't eat absolutely everything."
Hinata stared down at the food and smiled. Behind his totally tsundere attitude, Kageyama was a real softie and far more caring than he pretended to be. That also explained his social skills... when he was usually alone at home without his mother and had to grow up so fast for her, it wasn't very surprising he had no idea how to communicate, make friends or rely on someone else than himself.

Kind of sad.