Chapter 5

"D-did Kageyama just-?!" both Asahi and Iwaizumi exclaimed, sneaking a glance around the corner to the pair of crows.

Hinata held his phone up with a bright smile and Kageyama curiously eyed its content-
"Phew," Iwaizumi exhaled and Asahi's shoulders slumped down in relief. Kageyama did not take a selfie. The Seijou ace's eyes flickered back to the Karasuno ace and he grinned.
"How about we exchange numbers? I'm an expert in Trashykawa. When Kageyama really turns into him, you can rely on me."
Asahi agreed with a shy smile and both exchanged numbers before the clubs called for them to leave.

Hinata squished himself into his seat and exhaled all the exitement out of his bones. It was fairly difficult inside a bus with those gigantic wings and yet, he was used to it.
But Kageyama definitely wasn't used to be embraced by them. Once he sat down next to his overexited middle blocker, Hinata wrapped his left wing around Kageyama and the setter couldn't help but blush. Much to his luck, Hinata didn't notice and continued to stare out of the window.
Why did Hinata do that? Why didn't he say anything? The common silence was starting to drive him insane. Should he ask Hinata? Should he just keep quiet? Did he interpret too much into that?

Tanaka grinned at the pair from the back bench and ellbowed Sugawara next to him.
"Do you see that Kageyama is totally uncomfortable?! I bet he's somehow caught in Hinata's wings."
Suga blinked twice and shifted his gaze over to the other setter, he couldn't see his expression but the body language told it all. Lowered head, stiff shoulders, hands clenching his pants... Kageyama was more than uncomfortable. Sugawara snickered and leaned into his seat.
"Kageyama chose to sit next to Hinata. It's his fault."

"Hey...! Look at Nishinoya...!" Daichi butted into the conversation and nodded towards the deep asleep libero. But what surprised the trio, was the fact his wings were visible and he was completely curled up inside them, merely his hair and back were showing.
Tanaka and Sugawara stared for a while until the third year started to aww quietly- earning a cute glare from Asahi, who sat right next to Nishinoya and had to bear this cuteness in its full power.

Asahi had no idea how to deal with this. He couldn't get up or leave without waking Nishinoya up, and his eyes weren't able to leave his friend either. Those black feathers fluttered slightly whenever Nishinoya inhaled and exhaled, they looked so soft, so cozy, so-
God he wanted to pet them. Nishinoya didn't like it when somebody tried to touch his wings, and Asahi's hand kept hovering above them even tho he knew that exactly.

The ace retreated with a quiet desperate sigh and stared stubbornly out of the window, trying to fight his blush which tried to take over his entire face. "Nishinoya..." he murmured under his breath and imagined how it would be to get hugged by those wings; then didn't get rid of the mental image and thought anymore.
Asahi was a person scared of so many things... To have these big wings wrapped around him like a comfortable cushioned blanket, keeping out all those disturbing fears and stress; it felt like a dream coming true. Asahi shook his head to dismiss it-
The world would need to go down before he asked Nishinoya for this kind of hug.

What were dreams for?

"Oi, Kageyama," Hinata grinned at the setter who flinched with wide eyes and turned his face away, no way in hell was Hinata going to see him embarassed.
"We- hey what's wrong? Kageyama?"
Hinata suddenly had an evil idea and grinned, before he used the invisible wing around Kageyama to pull him all of a sudden closer.
Kageyama yelped and landed in his lap with a curse.
"Hey dumbass!! Why did you do that?!" he yelled, struggled to sit up again and shoved Hinata's face into the window.
"Haaaa?! You were ignoring me!! Let go of me!!" Hinata whined back and struggled at the window, his wings smacking into Kageyama's face but he kept a stern grip.
"Dumbass!!"

Nishinoya, of course shooting up thanks to the volume of their bickering and with his hair messier than usual, looked confused around until his eyes landed on Hinata and Kageyama. He bursted out laughing.
"Bwahaha!! O-oi Kageyama! Be nice!"
Asahi stared at Nishinoya with wide eyes, nearly melting in his seat. God, exited and with fluttering wings Nishinoya looked even cuter.
"Oi Asahi! Keep it together will ya?!" Tanaka yelled from the back row and Asahi gasped, trying to hide his embarassment from Nishinoya who spun around towards him.
"Shut up!!"
"Asahi?! Asahi what is it?!" Noya yelled and tried to pry Asahi's hands from his cheeks to be able to see his face, "Asahi!!"
"N-no I don't want to!"
"Hey stop flirting over there!!" coach Ukai yelled and both Kageyama and Asahi snapped out of it.
"HEY! WE WERE NOT FLIRTING!!"
"OI YOU'RE TOO LOUD!! KEEP IT DOWN!!" screamed a pissed off Daichi and everyone silenced.

That about a relaxing bus drive back home.

Takeda-sensei facepalmed with a sigh. Great.

Asahi's phone buzzed and the ace pulled it out of his pocket to check the latest message.
"Who is it?" Nishinoya asked curiously and bent over his arm to catch a glympse of the text.
"Probably my mom... Trying to guess when I'll be home," Asahi replied and desperately tried to not think about how Noya's face was literally inches away from his lap.
"I-Iwaizumi?" Noya gasped and Asahi quickly opened the message.
"Uh... Y-yeah. We exchanged numbers today."
"Really?! Wow you are making friends on your own Asahi!! I'm so proud!"
"Right Asahi-san~! He's sooo proud~" Yamaguchi quietly teased in front of him but Tsukishima snarled a 'Yamaguchi urusai' and the boy silenced.
Asahi blushed again and Noya nodded exited, oblivious to what was actually going on.
"Yeah! I'm damn proud!"

"Oh god please let me die..." Asahi pleaded under his breath. At least, Iwaizumi was a good distraction for now.

Iwaizumi: Hey Azumane-san, what's going on? Already back at home?

Asahi: Hey Iwaizumi-san. No, sadly we got caught up in the traffic... We still need a bit and it's horrible loud.

Iwaizumi: Iwaizumi is fine. How come? The freak duo arguying again?

Asahi: In that case, call me just Azumane. Yeah, Kageyama and Hinata are arguying again. Yamaguchi tries to tease me (praise Tsukishima for stopping him) and Nishinoya is as energetic as ever. Daichi is screaming at everybody to be quiet, Suga is giggling like mad and Tanaka is literally in middle of a laughflash. The only quiet ones on this bus are Tsukishima and Ennoshita.

The ace closed his phone and looked back out of the window. Dusk calmed him in a way, he remembered Hinata to tell him the same some time ago. Asahi had to chuckle quietly. They all became so good friends.
His phone buzzed again and Asahi hurried to open the message.

Iwaizumi: The normal Karasuno insanity, huh?

Asahi's lips curled up into a tiny smile. Yeah. The normal Karasuno insanity.