Chapter 16

Asahi jawdropped.
Time was passing, Nishinoya had trouble to keep his balance, but nobody cared. Everyone stared at the Karasuno ace with expecting and impatient eyes, hoping for the brunet to finally make a sound.

Slowly, his cheeks turned crimson red and the colour wandered over his jawline, to his ears and over his neck. With a quiet wheeze Asahi fainted and collapsed onto the ground. Sugawara let out a noise akin to a screech.
"ASAHI BLEW A FUSE!! GUYS ASAHI BLEW A FUSE!! Tanaka, water!! Hinata, a wet towel!"
"Aye!!"
Nishinoya shrieked and was over him in a second, shaking him.
"Asahi?! A-Asahi!! Did I do anything wrong?! Was the name too lame?!"
Tanaka bursted out laughing as he ran out of the gym, shouting over his shoulder "Not only the name, bro!"

Nishinoya chewed on his lip, having the ridiculously tall wing spiker moved into his lap, wings protectively wrapped around him.
"Oh my god I did it, he is gonna hate me, oh my god-"
Kageyama quietly stepped forward and tilted his head.
"Nishinoya-san, I can answer for Asahi-kun and say 'Yes'."
"How can you be so sure?!" Nishinoya replied with clueless eyes and Tsukishima smirked from behind.
"Because our ace cries himself out at his Highness' shoulder because of you."
"WHAT?!"
Nishinoya searched in Kageyama's face for any sign to confirm Tsukishima's words, and the setter nodded with a serious expression.
"Shittyshima is right. He has such a huge crush on you he is internally panicking whenever he sees you- w-wait, didn't I tell you to stop calling me Highness?!"

Tsukishima shrugged, hand casually resting on his hip, it may have looked sassier than intended.
"I know. I just don't listen to you."
"Tsukki listens to nobody!"
"Yamaguchi urusai."
"G-gomen Tsukki!"
Tanaka and Hinata returned with water and towels, trying to get Asahi back to life and cool his burning face down.

The brunet opened his eyes to see the entire Karasuno club bent over him; and Nishinoya was especially close. Asahi let out a manly squeak and sat up right away, ready to spill all kinds of 'Gomennasai's and 'Please don't be mad's, as he noticed the cushioned embrace around him and actually remembered what had happened. He paused and instead stared at his crush with another upcoming blush.
"Y-yes Nishinoya! Y-yes. Definitely."
Nishinoya laughed and hugged him closer, enjoying the embrace while Tsukishima quietly cleared his throat.
"Now that this is done, how about Karasuno's new princess gets off of her prince's lap so we can pack up and leave? I don't have all day for such nonsense."
While Asahi never stood on his legs this fast until now, Nishinoya threw a towel at Tsukishima and hit him straight into his face.
"Oh shut up Tsukishima, we all know you and Yamaguchi are a thing!!"

Yamaguchi blushed an adorable shade of pink and averted his eyes while Tsukishima scoffed something about "Why do I even know them" and continued to clean up the gym. However, this didn't stop Tanaka from continuing what his friend had started.
"Oooooohh Tsukishima didn't deny it~!! Tsukiyama is a thing!"
"What is a Tsukiyama?" Yamaguchi innocently asked and the next towel landed in Tanaka's face, thrown by both Sugawara and Daichi.
"If you dare to tell him you won't be seeing next dawn!"

***

"You found your boyfriend," Kageyama stated on their way home with an indescribable expression and Asahi nodded with his possibly happiest smile.
"Yes! A-ah, but that doesn't mean we can stop our meetings. There's still stuff about Hinata you need to get rid of and now that I've got Noya on my side, I could casually interrogate him about what Hinata likes! They do spend an awful amount of time together, so-"
Kageyama's expression changed into relief. He didn't want to give up his time with the third year and it pained him to know everything worked out for him and Hinata was still oblivious to everything around him.

Tobio was happy for Asahi, he hadn't seen this coming at all and judging by Tanaka's grin, these two planned this for quite some time. Since when did Nishinoya like Azumane? He never noticed his crush on him. Perhaps he didn't notice Hinata's feelings, either.
"Pfft... As if," Kageyama snarled deep in thought and pushed his porch open. He had other things to worry about, first of all he needed to do his homework and then cook for his mother's daily late arrival.

He just needed to distract himself and train to keep up with Hinata. That was all what mattered to him.

Tobio's ringing phone ripped him out of his musings and with a surprised expression he pulled it out. Unknown number, well, he could give it a try. Sighing, he picked up.
"Moshi-moshi?"
"Yoho~ Tobio-chan~"
Kageyama hung up and wrinkled his nose, he always did that whenever he was pissed. He did not want to deal with Oikawa. But... why would his former senpai call him? Oikawa hated him, yet he wouldn't call him just to tease him. It was important... very important. Kageyama was about to regret that he hung up as his phone rang again.
"Moshi-moshi?"
"Tobio-chan so mean!!"
Tobio sighed, deep and painful. He knew for sure Oikawa wasn't going to let it go.
"What do you want Oikawa-san?"
"I want the number of your ace~ How was his name again?"

Kageyama made his way towards his couch and narrowed his eyebrows as he sat down.
"Why do you want Asahi-kun's number?"
"Riiiiight, Asa-chan~! It's hardly any of your business, but you are the only Karasuno number I have and I really need to contact him. It's veeery important."
Tobio rolled his eyes and opened a chat of himself and Asahi.
"I will have to ask him first."
"Geez hurry Tobio-chan!"

"He's fine with it. Got anything to write?"
"Yup!" Oikawa chirped through the phone and eager scribbling was audible as Kageyama dictated the number. What his business was with Asahi, he sure did wonder.

***

Oikawa: Yoho Asa-chan~! Tobio-chan gave me your number. I'm just contacting you because of Iwa-chan. Lately he's been acting so off and I found out it happened since he met you.

Asahi: Asa-chan?! Uhm, well... Nothing happened between us I could think of... We exchanged numbers after our practice match and texted since then.

Oikawa: I'm not someone to warn my enemies but in your case I'd pay attention. Iwa-chan is plotting something and I bet my fangirls it has something to do with you~ So whatever you've done to piss him off, hurry and do something about it.

Asahi: Thank you for the warning.

By the time he pressed Send Asahi was shaking like a leaf. Buff and scary Iwaizumi plotting anything? But he always was nice towards him, perhaps that was just nonsense.

Yet, why was Oikawa worried enough to warn him?