connection

"Alright.."he mumbled "Come in then."
I stepped in, closely followed by Jake. It was so dark inside, I could barely see anything.
"Follow me. Your rooms are this way. Don't get your hopes too high up though, some time has passed since anyone used them.."he explained over his shoulder.
After some time running and stumbling to keep up with his quick pase, he stopped in front of a dark, shiny door.
"Here..take a look."he said looking at me, while holding the door open. "The door on the opposite side is mine, knock if you need anything. And you...hmm ,let me think..I know, there, follow me."
He made a few quick steps then asked:
"You're ok there by yourself, right? Or do you want to stay with...him?"he said pointing at Jake and raising an eyebrow.
I smiled.
"I'm fine, thank you!" I said entering the room.
Why did I smile? His simple presence makes me feel confortable. Why?
'Oh, and also..what are we even doing here?! He seems so nice! How could we suspect him?! I need to talk to Jake and get out of here.'
I didn't realise that as a thought, I was walking back and fort in the small room. I closed my eyes, took several deep breaths and tried to focus.
The room wasn't as small as I thought. In fact, it was almost empty. There was a bed, a desk, a comfy chair and a small closed. Rays of sunset were flooding the entire room. The sun painted the whole place in reds and oranges. It was pretty.
A small knock at the open door woke me up from daydreaming.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you...if you need anything, just ask,alright? My name is Alec, by the way."
"Lydia, nice to meet you and thanks a lot for letting us in."
I got closer to shake his hand but before our hands could touch, a wave of electricity ran trough my fingers up to my wrist.
"Auch..what on earth was that..."
"I'll be going then."
He was about to leave but he stopped looking back.
"The bathroom is over there, near the closed"he said.
"Aa, thank you, I was about to ask.."
He left with the almost usual 'click' of the door. I wanted to go to the bathroom for some time..'did I mention it out loud? I can't remember..oh, forget it, the BATHROOM is my main concern right now!'