the curse

'Where am I?'

  All I could see was darkness. I made a few imaginary steps and I realised I was in a dream. But, who's dream?

  I heared some voices and followed them. As I walked, the darkness was't as thick anymore and I could see a form up ahead. It was a boy sitting on the floor hugging his legs. As I aproached I recognized him. It was Alec...crying. I tried to get closer, but my legs wouldn't move anymore.

All I could do was to watch.

  ~You won't be able to see them again till you don't fix your heart. Time is pretious, boy, what are you waiting for?~

  I didn't see who was talking, the voice seemed to come from everywhere. It was soo LOUD my ears were ringing painfully.

  "I don't know how,granny...I really...I really don't know..."he cried.

  ~Don't do as your father, Alec. You have the power to overcome darkness. Remember, kill the source of it, don't pass the curse to someone else.

  That voice was so lout in my head that I could't help but to wake up. My heart was banging in my chest and I was sweating like crazy.

  ~please help him...~the same voice whispered...~or he'll die...~

  I jumped imediatly on my feet and started running. I knew where to go. He needed me and I didn't know it then but I needed him too.

  I didn't bother to knock, just swung the door open and ran in.

  He was sitting on his bed, with his face in his palms. He was surounded by a strange darkness that moved around him like a cloud.

  Without a second thought I went straight through it and hugged him. The moment we touched the cloud faded but didn't dissapear.

  "Why are you here?"he whispered slowly.

  Tears still flowed from his dark eyes. I didn't have the courage to let him go, so I held him closer.

  "Lydia?"he called.

  "Hmm?"

  "Why are you crying?"

  I didn't realise that tears blured my vision. I slowly let him go and held his face in my palms.

  "You are the one who's crying. Why?"
  He took my hands gently off his face and wiped my tears, leaving his hand on my burning cheek.

  "I'm glad that you came"he smiled sadly"I don't think I could have bear it much longer. But now you need to go back-"

  "No way! It's still here! Can't you see it?! I won't leave you alone with that! "I said gesticulatimd through the air.

  " 'That'...is inside me..there is no way you can protect me from it...."

  He sighted.

"I know why are you guys here. I knew it in the moment I opened the gate. You are looking for the guy who did those horrible things...guess what? You found him..though I can't remember much of it..."

  "Is it becouse of the curse?" I asked.

  "How could you possibly know about it?"he said frowning.

  "I just had a dream, ok? As strange as it sounds, I can't leave you alone right now! Can I stay with you? Please?"

  "As you wish then..."

  After he said that I hugged him again, barely letting him breathe. 'Thank God'I thought and fell asleep. I felt him covering me with a soft blanket and muttered something I couldn't catch..man, I was so drained..'a little sleep won't hurt' I thought.