Chapter One

Before we get my story started, I should probably explain some stuff really quick 'kay. First, I'd love to welcome you to the world of chaos and destruction that you may know better as Riverdale. We're branded as the town of pep, but this town is basically a home for all things a little fucked up. We've got werewolves and vampires and maybe a few witches if you look hard enough.

The town is split into two parts, the Northside, home of yours truly, which is pretty much solely occupied by werewolves. There may be a few normal humans here too. Then the Southside, the home of the vampires. The two sides tend not to interact unless they have no choice. We'll talk about that more later.

My name is Ray and I have the unfortunate life of being an Omega. Well, I should probably explain the different types of werewolves. Alpha's are the top dogs. They tend to make all the rules, even when they are fucking idiots. Then the Beta's. They're the most like normal humans out of us and tend to lead pretty normal lives. They also make up about seventy-five percent of werewolves. Then Omega's. We're basically accessories. Omega's are the rarest type, meant to be special and hard to find. Us Omega's are usually dressed in the nicest of clothes and spoiled. Sounds amazing, right? Here's a little spoiler. It's not. Imagine having next to no free will for the rest of your life.

Riverdale, like a lot of the world, has a set of rules set in place for us werewolves. One main rule is that Alpha's have only five years after taking control of their pack to find an Omega. I don't know why exactly. That's just the way it is.

I'm not the only Omega in Riverdale thankfully. There's also Betty Cooper and Kevin Keller, but they've already found their mates. Kevin chose Moose Mason and Betty chose Archie Andrews. There are a few other Omega's but for some reason, they aren't harassed nearly as much as I am because why would they be.

I have been the target of two very special men. Reggie Mantle and, you are hearing this right, Hiram Lodge. Yes. The asshole who fucks over everyone's lives. He's also so much older than me. I mean this in the nicest way, but I would rather die. No matter how rich the man is, I do not want that life.

Then we talk about Mr. Reggie Mantle. The most entitled piece of shit I have ever met. He comes from one of the wealthier families in Riverdale. I do pity him. He didn't get to choose what he wanted as a kid, but I can't feel to bad for him because he acts like a fucking god now. He's cocky and arrogant and won't leave me the fuck alone.

Well, we'll move on from that for now. Reggie also tends to have violent outbursts that almost make Archie's seem tame. To put it into perspective, Archie has knocked a tree down with a single punch and Reggie is somehow worse. So you may understand why I'm not on my knees begging for him to make me his mate.

All of this wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't given an ultimatum on my sixteenth birthday. Find an Alpha by your eighteenth birthday, or my parents will auction me off. Now, based on what I've told you, who do you think would win? The high school student or the man who has already offered over a million dollars for me in the past. Even if Reggie did win, I'm still fucked.

It sucks. The other Omega's got to choose who they wanted. They were never pressured about it and just got to fall in love with whoever they wanted. No matter how cool the shit I can do as a werewolf is, it isn't worth it. I don't want to just be someone's toy. Their pretty little play thing that is locked away in a house and can never do anything they want.

If I believed that either of the men who have shown the most interest in me would let me be free to some extent, I'd do it, just to get it over with. Hiram surely just wants a fuck toy who will do whatever he's told and Reggie had already made it clear that he will make me perfect.

Technically there is one Alpha in Riverdale who I wouldn't mind being claimed by. Cheryl Blossom. Cheryl however is a lesbian and I am very much not interested in women so that isn't exactly going to work. The Blossom's were actually one of the only families in Riverdale's history to have both an Alpha and Omega birthed by the same parents. Jason Blossom, Cheryl's twin, was sold to an Alpha woman years ago though.

Cheryl is the leader of the Vixen's and is also the only Alpha in Riverdale who has never shown interest in having her own Omega. After her dad died and her mother got locked up, there was nobody able to force her to do it either. So even if she was attracted to men, I wouldn't ask her to claim me. That wouldn't be fair.

Now let's go back to my parents. My mom is great, a lovely woman who fought to give me the time to find my own Alpha. My father on the other hand isn't as kind. The moment Hiram Lodge made his first offer, he tried to take it, but he needed my mother's permission too and she refused to give it to him. They eventually negotiated to wait until I was a legal adult. So to say I have an awkward relationship with my father would be an understatement.

I've tried to run away before but I can't. I'm trapped unless I'm with my parents or my Alpha, whenever I do get one, can allow me to leave. Until then, Riverdale is my prison. It might be easier to find an Alpha if I was willing to join a pack.

The two main packs of Riverdale are the Vixens as I mentioned before and the Bulldogs, who are lead by, you guessed it, Reggie Mantle himself. Why the two people leading packs in Riverdale are teenagers still baffles me, but I don't make the choices.

I know why Reggie is so urgent to get me to be his Omega. He's on the brink of losing control of the Bulldogs to Archie Andrews. Archie already mated with Betty and is in a prime position to take over. While Reggie technically has a couple more years left to find a mate, he can just lose control, especially when we all finally become legal adults.

A few smaller packs exist, but they usually have to associate with either the Bulldogs or the Vixens. This scares Reggie because the longer he takes, the more of these smaller packs are most likely to choose to become closer with the Vixens. He's also scared that members of his pack will choose to join Cheryl's pack.

Well that's enough about us werewolves and our business. I'll tell you the limited knowledge I have about vampires. Much like us werewolves, they also have two main groups. The Serpents and the Ghoulies. Tensions between them tend to be a lot higher than our packs however. The Serpents have the most control of the Southside but the Ghoulies are constantly fighting for more. The old Serpent King passed down the role to his son, again, why are you leaving a teenager in charge? He also has a Serpent Queen by his side, but I don't know either of their names. I've seen glimpses of their faces on the news, but never a good look. I doubt I'll ever see them anyways. Omega's are not allowed on the Southside because it's not like we can also become wolves or anything.

That should be enough information for the beginning. Sit back, enjoy the ride and don't judge my poor life choices too much okay. I'm only seventeen and can become a wolf. I'm gonna fuck up sometimes.