Chapter Eight

I wake up, the pain still there, but a little duller. I try to sit up, but I feel a hand holding me down. "Stay down," a female voice that I don't recognize says.

"Who," I begin but get cut off by the same woman.

"And shut up. I'm trying to concentrate on keeping you alive and if you keep talking, I'll let you die," the voice says, and I decide to do as told.

I look around and my eyes begin to focus. I'm not really sure where I am. A bar of some kind. I look up at the woman who seems to be drawing a spell of some kind above me. I recognize her a little. I think she went to Riverdale for a while before all the rich parents complained and got most of the vampires kicked out.

My other senses began to return slowly, and I smell a lot of alcohol, which makes sense since I'm in a bar. There's also a similar scent as what I'd smelled from Fangs and Toni. It's a lot stronger which means that I'm somewhere on the Southside. The smell would never be this strong normally.

"Are you a witch or a vampire," I ask, and she glares down at me.

"Didn't I tell you to shut the fuck up. I just want to heal you so you can get the fuck out of here. If I didn't owe Toni a favor, I would have let you die," she says, clearly annoyed.

"Fine," I mutter and let my eyes close again.

I let out a whimper as I feel something press against my wound. I try to relax, but then my wound begins to burn again.

"Son of a bitch," the girl yells and I can hear her stand.

"Jay, what's wrong," a new male voice asks. Her name is Jay. I hope I remember that.

"None of its working Jughead," she yells, and I can't help but laugh a little. Who the fuck is named Jughead? "These spells always work on wounds. It works on werewolf works too. I healed Fangs and Sweet Pea with ease," she yells. Well fuck. I'm probably still going to die.

"Look. I'm special," I yell out and throw my arms up before they collapse next to me. "I shouldn't have done that," I whisper with a soft laugh. Why do I feel drunk right now?

I feel a hand lightly running through my hair. "Everything's going to be okay. You'll be fine," I hear Cheryl say and I look up at her and try my best to give her a smile. I don't think she could handle hearing the more likely outcome.

I hear a door get thrown open. "We got a fucking problem," I hear a familiar voice say.

"Hi Fangs," I say and try to wave, but my arm won't move.

"What's going on Fogarty," Jay asks, clearly annoyed.

"There are two wolves approaching. One blond and the other red," a new voice says, and I look up to see the vampire Fangs run after. The two are holding hands.

"I'm gonna assume they're dating," I ask Cheryl and look up at her and can see tears in her eyes.

"Yeah," she replies and laughs a little.

"Jug, take Fangs and Sweet Pea and find out what they want while I try to deal with our other problem," Jay says, and I shake my head.

"Help me stand Cheryl," I whisper.

Both her and Jay stare at me. "That's not a good idea," Cheryl says, but then lets out a sigh. "You aren't going to give up until I do it, are you," she asks, and I nod softly.

She slowly helps me stand and lets me lean on her. Jay stares at us before shaking her head. "I don't have time for this," she says and then exits the bar.

Cheryl and I make our way out slowly. "What are you two doing here," Cheryl asks as we see Betty and Archie.

"Look it's Barchie," I say and that makes Cheryl laugh a little.

Betty and Archie turn human and stare at me for a moment and I lift my hand a little to wave.

"Why are you two here," Jay asks.

"We were trying to keep a lookout just to make sure Reggie and his pack didn't get through, but they're coming. I don't know who snitched, but they know he's here," Betty says and points at me.

"I knew having him here was a bad fucking idea," Jughead yells out and I hear multiple agree with him.

"We need to get him out of here," Cheryl says, and I try to shake my head, but I'm too weak. Maybe standing was a bad idea.

"You can't take him Cheryl. Reggie will just track you," Archie says, and she sighs.

"I can. My scent should be able to cover him and as long as he stays on the Southside, he shouldn't be able to track him easily," Fangs offers.

"It's our best option," Betty says and Jay sighs.

"Fine. Give Fangs directions to somewhere those mutts won't find, and I'll get there as soon as I can," Jay says and Archie whispers something to Fangs, probably because I can hear Reggie approaching.

"You two need to go now. They're getting closer and Ray is too weak to stand much longer," Cheryl says, and Fangs walks over and picks me up slowly.

"Be careful," Fangs's boyfriend whispers and kisses him.

"Hello," I say and wave weakly at the boyfriend. His name was Sweet Pea, right? Sweet Pea looks down at me and he seems upset. Weird.

Fangs begins running, keeping a tight grip on me. I watch as we run, most of it a blur. He stops and I see Dilton's bunker. "This the place," he asks, and I nod even though I have no clue.

"Probably," I whisper, and he lightly sets me down on the ground so he can open the bunker. He picks me up again and jumps down.

I feel him lay me on the small bed before climbing up the ladder to shut the entrance. I let out a groan of pain as some of my senses returned and realized just how much pain I'm in.

"What's wrong," Fangs asks.

"My everything hurts," I say and let out a soft whimper.

Fangs moves to sit next to me on the bed and lightly rests his hand on my stomach. I place my hand on top of it and press it down.

"Keep your hand right there. Cold feels nice," I say, and he nods. "Sorry if this is weird. Don't have feelings or nothing," I say, and he laughs a little.

"I know," he says with a soft laugh, and I can feel exhaustion hit me.

"I'm gonna take a nap now," I say and hear him say something, but I fall asleep before I can figure out what it was.