Chapter Twenty

I lay next to Reggie, his arm wrapped tightly around me. He's asleep and I slowly force his arm off of me and he groans annoyed. "I'll be back in a minute," I whisper and exit the room. As I walk through the living room, I see a figure sitting on the couch. At first I think it may be Moose O Kevin. I mean I know they didn't leave yet, but as I step closer, I can see that the hair is far too long.

In a swift movement, the figure has a hand over my mouth and as I try to push them off, they hiss out,"Stop moving so much. I just don't want you to wake the Bulldog." The voice is feminine and it isn't hard to figure out who it is.

"What are you doing here? Not that I mind seeing you course," I say and she let's out a sigh.

"I came to warn you. Sweet Pea wants blood. He thinks Fangs and you are trying to get together," Jasmin says. "And as conflicted as I am about all of this, I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want anybody getting hurt."

I think for a moment, digesting everything. So Sweet Pea is angry, if Reggie finds out then he'll be angry and these two both being angry, with each other and me, would suck.

"Can't you just tell him not too? I mean you lead the gang and this would cause all out war," I say and she sighs.

"I've tried that. He doesn't care. He would cause an all out war to keep Fangs. He loves him," she says and fidget with something that had been lying on a shelf. "I wish he'd get it through his skull that you can't be into Fangs. You have a mate. I may not be a wolf, but it's not that difficult to figure out. The only person you can be into is Mantle, but he's pissed so he can't hear what I'm saying," she says and it's clear she's as annoyed as I am.

"What do I do," I ask and she bites her lip.

"Be prepared. There's nothing else you can do. Sweet Pea is unpredictable, for everyone. I hope he doesn't do anything, but I believe he will. Cause he's angry and he does anything he wants when he's angry," she says and looks away. "I have to go," she says and she visually goes stiff. "I'll do whatever I can to stop him," she says before quickly leaving.

I fall to my knees. I'm fucking scared. What the fuck? What the actual fuck is going on?

"What the hell was a blood sucking bitch doing in my house," Reggie asks, but I can't answer. I can't feel anything. "Babe," he asks suddenly. He's shaking me, but I don't react. I can't.

...

I'm sitting in bed, my blanket tightly wrapped around me. Apparently I passed out at some point and he'd carried me here. He tried to question me, but I didn't say anything. I still am not sure I can speak. Everything is tight. Everything hurts.

"I'm going for a jog to clear my head. I'll be back soon," he whispers and presses his lips to mine softly. I'll admit, it made me feel a little better.

He walks out and I wait until I here the front door open and shut before I grab my phone off the dresser and pull out Fangs number and call him quickly.

"Hello," he says questioningly.

"Fangs, it's me, Braeden. Are you alone," I ask and by how long he takes to answer, I know he isn't.

"No, I would not like to hear the specials," he says.

"That's smart Fogarty," I say. "I need to talk. Is there any way we can," I ask and he seems to think for a moment.

"Make sure to write this down. I would hate for the order to get messed up," he says and I grab a pen and a piece of paper from Reggie's desk.

"Okay. I'm ready," I say.

"I would like two large meat lovers pizzas and something sweet," he says and I can hear him tapping his fingers. "Something sweet and also a water, but obviously not sweetwater. That would be gross. Did you get all that," he asks.

"I'll be at Sweetwater in ten minutes. At lovers point," I say and shove the piece of paper in my pocket.

"I'll start heading there now," he says and hangs up. I run to the door, but Moose is standing in front of it.

"Where are you going," he asks and I groan out in annoyance.

"Sweetwater. Now please move," I grunt, but he doesn't budge.

"Lovers point to be exact," he says and I let out a sigh.

"I'm going to meet a friend. I need to talk to him," I say and take a shakey breath. "Now please get out of my way." When he doesn't move, I use all the strength I have and knock him out of my way. "I asked nicely," I say and run out the door.

Since when is he trying to stop me. I'm not going to cheat on Reggie or anything. I am literally stuck with him until I die. What would be the point exactly? Plus Jasmin is right. I literally can't have feelings for him.

I feel a body collide with mine and I roll onto the dirt and groan in pain. My vision is blurry for a second and when it clears up, a part of me wishes it hadn't.

"Sweet Pea," I whisper.