Chapter Five

Archie, Betty and I went hunting. It was how we all got our stress and anger out. Well Archie still punches walls sometimes, but we try to prevent that as much as possible.

We ended up getting separated, which normally wouldn't be a problem, but I could hear myself being surrounded. I let out a growl, but I could feel a certain presence approaching and wanted to just break down and cry. Well, a fight isn't gonna make this any easier.

I turn human again and stare at the wolf in front of me. I watch as Reggie returns to his human form and our eyes meet and I can feel my hands start to shake in fear. I've been trying to avoid seeing him as much as possible. I knew something like this would happen soon enough, but I really don't want to deal with it right now.

"Hello," he says, and his expression is so cold, and I can tell he's not in a good mood.

"How have you been Reggie," I ask in an attempt to keep things calm.

"I would be better if you didn't go on a dinner date with Hiram Lodge," he says, and I just stare at him.

"How do you...? Have you been following me," I ask, trying to keep my voice calm and not sound pissed off.

"No but one of my wolves has," he says, and I try to back up, but I'm still surrounded. "Didn't think you were the kind to want a sugar daddy, but I was clearly wrong," he says and begins to circle me.

"Is that really what you think this about," I ask and that makes him stop for a moment. "It was set up by my parents, Reggie. I don't have a say. He intends to buy me when I turn eighteen," I say and then realize that I probably shouldn't have mentioned all of that.

"You can't be serious and you're just okay with that," he snaps and takes a step towards me. I can hear Betty and Archie approaching, but they're still pretty damn far away. Please hurry up you two.

"Of course, I'm not. I just explained that I'm being forced to do it. You know this is how it works. They have the right to do it and you know there's nothing I can do about it," I say, and he glares.

"Well that means I just have to claim you right now," Reggie says and grabs my wrist to try and force me closer to him. I try to fight him off as I hear Betty and Archie approaching.

"Let go of me Reggie," I say and try to pull my hand away, but that just causes him to tighten his grip. "I said let go," I cry out and go to slap him. It was just instinct. My claws then extend, and I watch as I make three cuts on his cheek.

His grip loosens and I pull away, my hands shaking and tears falling. "I'm so sorry," I say through a sob and when I look up at him, he has a hand on his cheek and fire in his eyes.

I turn back into a wolf and sprint off towards my house. I barely make it out of the forest before I turn human again and begin to sob. I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to.

I feel Archie lift me into his arms and walk us to Betty's house. Betty's mother isn't home luckily to notice the blood on my hands and the tears quickly falling down my face.

"You just," Betty says when my breathing finally calms down.

"I cut him," I whisper, my entire body shaking. I feel more tears in the corner of my eyes.

"I mean it was an accident. Maybe Reggie will understand," Archie says and I shake my head.

"We both know he won't. He's gonna lose his shit. I mean if my parents find out, they'll sell me to Hiram right away," I say and bury my head in my hands.

"What do we do," Betty asks and I shrug.

"I just want to run away,' I cry out, ignoring the question. "He's going to kill me."

"Probably," Archie replies, and I hear him let out a yelp.

"No, you won't. He wants to claim you and he may realize that it won't be possible if he reports you because you're right. Your parents will sell you to Hiram," Betty says and I know she's right.

"Do you think he'll actually think it out? You know how hot headed he can be," I whisper and Archie just shrugs.

"I don't know. Reggie is complicated to say the least," Archie says and then wraps his arms around me. "But you know we won't let anything happen to you," he whispers and then Betty joins him in the hug.

"Thank you, but we all know I'm fucked," I whisper and then begin to cry again.

...

Not much seemed different at school with Reggie. He acted normal and I would almost believe that nothing had actually happened if the scars weren't still there. They'd healed nicely though.

When Reggie offered me a ride, I knew that smart move was to say no, but I needed to get back on his good side. He put his hand on my thigh again and I just let it happen this time. Whatever would keep him from being pissed and violent.

I stared at the ground most of the ride until I realized it was taking a lot longer than it should have been. I looked out the window and saw trees on both sides of us. He stops the car and then turns to me, his grip on my thigh tightening.

"You get two choices. You either become my mate willingly or I'll make you," he says, and I stare at him in shock. "And if you try and get out of this, I might have to report this," he says and points at the scars on his cheek.

I sit for a moment just staring at him. I throw the door open quickly and begin to sprint away. I can't transform. Just run. I can hear him behind me. He isn't trying to catch me. He's just staying close enough to scare me.

I get to the main road and then turn back for just a moment. He isn't following me anymore. Just standing on the edge of the forest, watching me.

I run the rest of the way home and jump through my window. I can't explain to my parents why I'm breaking down. I let myself cry for a while before I look at myself in the mirror.

My fear and sadness start to fade, and it's replaced with anger. "So that's how he wants to play," I whisper to myself. "Fine. Let's play Reggie."