Chapter Seven

I stare across the field where Reggie stands. He starts to walk forward, two of his pack members walking behind him. I do the same, Cheryl and Archie following close behind me.

"This is your last chance to stop this whole thing," Reggie says and as much as I hate it, a part of me does. I'm terrified. I don't want to be stuck with him for the rest of my life, but my friends, the people I love, could die.

I feel Cheryl's hand on my shoulder and look over to see her next to me, her fingers laced with Toni's. I realize that this isn't just about me. They're fighting so they can be together and safe. To stop Reggie and his pack from attacking Toni.

We're still outnumbered two to one, and that's just a guess, but I feel a little more confident. We actually have somewhat of a chance.

"Well," he asks and I stare at him for a long time, but then smile.

"Over my dead body," I say and swiftly kick him in the chest, making him fall backwards.

I watch as he transforms into his wolf form and lets out a snarl. He leaps at me but is tackled by Archie who was also in his wolf form now. I quickly transform and run towards Reggie.

I feel something slam into my side and collapse. A different wolf is now over me and attempts to bite my leg, but is tackled by Toni. "Not on my watch mutt," she snarls before attempting to bite the wolf.

I stand again, but feel a pair of teeth dig into one of my legs and the pain is too much in the moment and turn human again. I grip the shoulder that was bit and wince in pain. I feel a pair of arms grab me and carry me away.

The person drops me after we get far enough. "Are you okay," a boy I don't know asks and I can see his fangs. Must be one of the boys Toni said she was going to bring. "I'm Fangs," he says and despite the insane amount of pain I'm in, the name makes me laugh a little. "Yeah I know," he says and I wince in pain as he lighly touches my shoulder.

I hear the sound of fabric being torn and see he tore the sleeve of his jacket off and he quickly ties it around my wound. "Don't want the best friend of Toni's girlfriend to bleed out. She'd be pissed," he says with a grin. "Are you still going to be able to wolf out like that," he asks and I nod.

"I'll explain it later if you want. If we both live, that is," I say and he smiles before running back towards the fight with me in his arms. "Thanks," I say.

"Don't mention it," he says and I see a wolf I haven't seen before running towards us.

"On your right," I yell and he barely dodges the wolf, but drops me in the process.

I quickly transform and whimper a little at the pain still present. I might have to try and fight with only three working legs. The wolf turns to look at us and I cock my head a little. Werewolves tend to keep their eye and hair color from their human forms when they transform, but this wolf has hair and eyes as black as the sky above us right now. I've never met someone with solid black eyes.

The wolf leaps at us and I barely dodge but fall a little because of my injured leg. This is so fucking annoying. I feel the wolf's claws slash at my bad leg and I collapse. I feel a pair of arms grab me and pull me away as the wolf lunges at me.

As I land on my back I shift again and lay on my back, barely able to feel my arm now. "Thanks," I whisper.

"Don't thank me yet. You still might die," Fangs says and then tackles the wolf. I join him, but am unable to become a wolf again. It takes a bit of concentration to shift and the pain is too much.

Guess I'm a werewolf who is fighting in my human form. "Why is my arm not healing faster," I yell in annoyance as I help tackle the wolf. I drive my legs into it's stomach as Fangs bites down hard against it's neck.

It howls out in pain and tosses us both away. Fangs and I sit up in time to see it running away. "You good," he asks and helps me stand.

"I'm alive if that's what you mean. You," I ask.

"Same," he says and I see that he has a few slashes on his arm.

I hear two loud cry of pain and see Reggie pinning Kevin and one of the other vampire's Toni brought pinned by a different wolf. Fangs runs after the other vampire with tears in his eyes and I sprint towards Reggie.

"Get the fuck off of him," I yell as I tackle him. I barely manage to get Reggie off and I can feel more blood spilling from my arm. My little feeling of victory fades quickly as I feel Reggie's claws dig into my chest and I let out a scream of pain.

The next thing I know, Reggie is human again and staring down at me in horror. "I didn't mean to," he whispers and I can barely see right now. The pain is too much. I feel something wrap around the wound which slows the bleeding, but I still can't move much.

"What did you want then," I whisper, barely able to get the words out. My entire body is shaking and I place a hand on the wound, trying to add more pressure.

"I wanted you," he says, staring at me and I can't tell if there are tears in his eyes or not. He collapses to his knees in front of me. "I wanted to fight for you and earn you. I didn't want to hurt you, at least not this bad. He reaches a hand towards my face, but I turn away, tears falling fast.

"Don't," I whisper. "Just get me help," I say and then look around. It's all a little blurry. "What did we do," I ask.

"We started a war," he replies.

"I didn't want this. Well I did, but, fuck. I just wanted a choice," I say and can feel my vision starting to fade a little.

"Was it worth it," he asks and I shake my head.

"At least if I die, I won't be forced to be with anyone," I say with a soft laugh. He doesn't reply for a moment. "If you'd just given me a choice and not been such a dick, I would've chosen you," I say and watch as the fighting stops as people see us.

"What," he asks and I chuckle, trying to distract myself from the pain as best as I can.

"You heard that right, but then you threatened me and told me you'd force me and that was the last straw," I say and he stares at me in shock. "Please just go," I whisper, feeling too weak to continue this.

"This isn't over. I won't force you to do anything and I'll give you time to heal, but we'll have to talk soon," he snaps and I can't reply. "You will be mine. It's up to you whether it'll be easy or not," Reggie says and then stands. "Fall back," he yells and I hear a lot of footsteps pass us.

I hear footsteps approach me, but my vision is too blurry now to see who is around me. "Are you okay," Moose asks and I shake my head a little.

"Why isn't it healing," Cheryl yells. "I know it's still fresh, but the bleeding should've stopped by now."

"It's because of Reggie. An Alpha's claws tend to cause more permanent wounds. Especially on Omega's," Betty says and that's when the voices all begin to fade. All I can make out is 'need help' and 'know someone'.

Then my body shuts down. I'm still alive, but I'm not sure for how much longer. I feel my consciousness fading. "Goodnight," I force out, deciding that if I'm gonna die, I want my last words to be dumb.

Then everything went black.