Chapter Three: Babysitting Jasmine (Jazz)

Disclaimer: DemonicSister and I do not own Danny Phantom. Or any of the characters.

The rest of the school day was perfect. I got Anthony's number, Trevor didn't make fun of me for once, and I passed my algebra class.

As I put my things in my locker, my phone rang. I answered it,"Hello?"

"Amberline, hi!" Mrs. Fenton said cheerfully.

"Oh, hi Mrs. Fenton. What do you need?"

"Can you do me a favor and watch Jazz while Jack and I are out?"

"Sure!" I love watching Jazz. She's such a sweet little girl.

"Thank you Amber. See you in an hour." Mrs. Fenton hung up.

I looked at the school clock. It read 4:00. I put my phone back in my back pocket and grabbed my backpack.  I ran outside, towards my parents apartment.

I ran into my room and grabbed my guitar case. Jazz loves it when I play it for her.

I walked out of the apartment and walked towards the large sign that says Fenton. 

I knocked on the door and a woman wearing a blue jumpsuit opened answered,"Hey Amber, your right on time. As usual." Mrs. Fenton chuckled.

Mrs.Fenton moved out of the way so I can come inside.

"Thank you." I said.

"Maddie! Who is it? Is it a ghost? Are they after my fudge?!" I heard Mr. Fenton's voice coming somewhere in the basement.

Mrs. Fenton laughed," No honey. It's Amber."

"Amber? Is she going to steal my fudge too?"

I laughed," No, Mr. Fenton. I'm not going to steal any of your fudge. I promise."

I heard Mr.Fenton sigh in relief.

I laughed again. Mr. Fenton was absolutely hilarious at times.

"Jack! It's time to come up sweetie. We have to leave." Mrs. Fenton hollered.

A minute later, I heard footsteps coming closer. The basement door opened, and a large man wearing an orange jumpsuit walked out.

"Jazz! Amber's here! Come say hi!" Mr. Fenton called out.

"Ammy!" Jazz came running from the kitchen, her little legs carrying her as fast as they could.

"What's up, babypop?" I smiled an sat down my guitar case down.

"Music?" Jazz pointed at my guitar case. You know for a one-year-old, she's smart.

"Later, babypop."

I turned to Mr. and Mrs. Fenton.

"Remember Amber, Jazzz usually eats some baby carrots for a snack." Mrs. Fenton reminded me.

"Yes, I know, Mrs. Fenton. Bath time at
7. Bedtime story at 7:30. Bedtime at 8."

Mrs. Fenton smiled," You remembered."

"Of course."

"We'll be back around nine." Mrs. Fenton told me.

She and Mr. Fenton said their goodbyes to Jazz and left.

I turned to Jazz,"So, babypop, what do you want to do?"

She pointed at my case,"I want to hear you sing."

I laughed,"Alright."

I do not own Come little children.

After I was finished, I put my guitar back in its case.

"You have a pretty voice." Jazz said, her blue eyes sparkled with wonder.

I smiled,"Thank you."

"I'm hungry."

"Come on then. Let's get something to eat." I led her into the kitchen and put her on her highchair. I went to the fridge, grabbed a bag of baby carrots. Then I put them on a paper plate and handed it to Jazz.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome, babypop."