Chapter Four: Singing at the Nasty Burger

Disclaimer: I do not own Danny Phantom, Ember McLain, none of the characters in the show. I do not own the songs below.

Mr. and Mrs. Fenton came back around nine, like they said they would. As soon as they walked through the front door, Mr.Fenton ran into the kitchen, probably to make sure the fudge was safe in the fridge.

"Hello, Amber, is Jazz asleep?" Mrs. Fenton asked as she handed me forty dollars.

"Yes, ma'am. She's tucked in nice and tight in her bed." I replied.

"And she didn't cause any trouble?"

"No. She was an angel as usual." I smiled," As much as I want to stay and chat, but I gotta go. I have school tomorrow."

I began to put my CAT study book in my backpack, when Mrs. Fenton stopped me.

She looked at my CAT book,"CAT?"

"Yep. I'm studying for it so I don't fail."

"I failed that and I didn't turn out to be a cat." Mr. Fenton said. Huh, I didn't hear him come in the living room.

I smiled. Only Mr. Fenton would say something like that. I grabbed my guitar case and began to walk towards the door," Bye! Call me if you need me to watch Jazz again!"

I went back to my parents apartment and went to bed.

---------- ---------

I closed my locker door. Another day at school. Yay. Maybe today will be great just like yesterday. But, sadly, it might be the opposite.

"Hey, Amber." A smooth voice came from somewhere behind me. I turned and saw Anthony and Trevor.

"Hey, Anthony, Trevor." I greeted them, although I wasn't really happy to see Trevor.

"Mclame." Trevor greeted me. Anthony shook his head and elbowed Trevor in the stomach,"What?!"

"Be nice." Anthony glared at him. Trevor shrugged.

"Old habits die hard I guess."

I rolled my eyes. Trevor will never be 'nice'. I believe it's in his DNA. I wouldn't be surprised that his future kids would do the same. Bully others.

While Anthony and Trevor were arguing about name calling and being nice, I slipped past them to go to class.

I sat down at my desk. Waiting for another boring lecture from the English teacher, Mr. Travis, Anthony's uncle.

Mr. Travis started his lecture on Romeo and Juliet. Saying stuff about the love they had shared with one another.

The lecture went on for about an hour, when the bell rang. I walked out the door, but not before Mr.Travis handed me my homework assignment. There goes my free time after work.

I have a part time job at the Nasty Burger. The only reason I work there is because I entertain the people with my music.

The rest of my day was okay. I could  be a little bit better. But I'm not complaining. Most of my days were terrible.(cough Trevor cough) But on the bright side, Anthony and I sat together during lunch.

I went home and changed into my performance outfit, as I like to call it. It was a short purple sleeveless v-neck dress. Then I put on black liquid eyeliner, purple lipstick, and mascara. 

After I was done, I grabbed my guitar case and headed towards the Nasty Burger.

Once I was there, I started to set up the stage. It's not really a stage, it's just 4 or 5 tables pushed together.

After I was finished, I waited for my band members. Lily, Andrew, and Billybob.

Lily's the second guitarist and backup singer.

Andrew is the second backup singer and plays the piano.

Billybob is the drummer.

As you can tell, I'm the lead singer and lead guitarist.

Once they arrived, we stood in our positions and started to perform.

After the song, we took a five minute break and went right back to work.

At the corner of my eye, I saw Anthony and Trevor walk in. They sat down at the nearest booth.

I look at the other band members, they nodded. I smiled. Andrew and I switched places. I'll be the back up singer for now and he'll be the lead singer for this song.

After an hour or so, the band members and I took down the stage. And left one by one. Soon, I was the only one.

Anthony and Trevor came up to me,"Amber, I would love to hang out with you sometime."

Then he and Trevor left the Nasty Burger.